PDA

View Full Version : doomsday virus - week 7 picks

doomsdayvirus
10-21-2005, 09:58 AM
back by unpopular demand...

KC @ MIAMI : (KC)
if ricky williams even lived up to half the hype surrounding him miami would go undefeated for the next 5 seasons. fortunately, there's nothing too it. he's just another running back that had some good games in college, and is a shadow of his former self.

plus the game got bumped up as miami team members and residents prepares to get out of town.

NEW ORLEANS @ ST. LOUIS : (NEW ORLEANS)
bulger's banged up and the st. louis is yet to find something that works. new orleans cut close last week even without their offensive stars. this week, they pull it off.

GREEN BAY @ MINNESOTA : (GREEN BAY)
minnesota's a mess right now. brett farve still plays for green bay and really hates losing.

SAN DIEGO @ PHILLY : (SAN DIEGO)
the chargers keep on rolling as the eagles spin their wheels.

SAN FRAN @ WASHINGTON : (WASHINGTON)
the nfc east is proving to be a very competitive division this year with all 4 teams (NYG, DAL, WAS, PHI) emerging as playoff contenders. fortunately for washington, this game is against an nfc west team.

PITTSBURGH @ CINCINNATI : (PITTSBURGH)
cincinnati are the sports media golden boys right now, but they'll buckle under the weight of a real team that just suffered a devastating embarrassment on their home turf. with or without big ben.

INDY @ HOUSTON : (INDY)
those calling for a big upset here will just be very upset at the outcome.

DETROIT @ CLEVELAND : (DETROIT)
two middle of the road teams battling it out for the right to be taken seriously. shocking fact, at 2-3, detroit is tied with chicago at the top of the nfc north. both teams can go hot or cold at the drop of at hat. but the pressure is on for harrington this week. he'll respond as if his career depends on it.

DALLAS @ SEATTLE : (SEATTLE)
nightclub drama and murder aside, the cowboys get outgunned this week on seattle's home turf.

BUFFALO @ OAKLAND : (BUFFALO)
the raiders have been a running joke in the nfl for over 2 decades, but nobody's caught on until this season. but for some reason the bills have always struggled against them, especially on the road. with moss out, the raiders focus shifts to their running game and a yard-hungry lamont jordan. exactly the test that the bills defense needs right now. if they can pass that test, they can win the game. mcgahee's newly announced quest to be the no.1 back in the league won't hurt things either. watch for a ground war.

DENVER @ NEW YORK GIANTS : (NEW YORK GIANTS)
if denver can pull this off, i'll stop picking them to lose every week. they'll wear the afc crown soon enough, but they need to learn how to play all 4 quarters first.

TENNESSEE @ ARIZONA : (ARIZONA)
arizona really isn't THAT bad. tennessee is.

BALTIMORE @ CHICAGO : (CHICAGO)
baltimore winning 2 in a row? not this season. chicago keeps the glorious nfc north for another week at .500.

NEW YORK JETS @ ATLANTA : (ATLANTA)
vick's back in front of the home crowd on monday night. vinny won't be able to hear a thing over the roar in the georgia dome. after this game, he'll wish he wasn't able to see either.

Season & Weekly Record
---------------------------
WK 1......8/16 (8-8) 50%
WK 2......6/16 (6-10) 38%
WK 3......6/14 (6-8) 42%
WK 4.....10/14 (10-4) 71%
WK 5.....10/14 (10-4) 71%
WK 6.....10/14 (10-4) 71%
Season...50/88 (50-38) 57%

feelthepain
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Gee, another Bills fan that picks Miami to loose and the Bills to win....WHAT A SHOCK!!!! I guess you think Willis is an 1800+ yrd back too, right???

madness
10-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Gee, another Bills fan that picks Miami to loose and the Bills to win....WHAT A SHOCK!!!! I guess you think Willis is an 1800+ yrd back too, right???

You can't argue with 71% over the last three weeks.

Lexwhat
10-21-2005, 12:54 PM

Read my post on Devil Paul's week 7 picks. I picked the Dolphins over KC.

DynaPaul
10-21-2005, 04:17 PM

Yer a dumbass... I actually thought you guys would pull it out and beat the Bucs last week so I picked the Fins. What a dumbass I was. Kansas City just happens to be a damn good team so why would anyone pick the Fish this week?

doomsdayvirus
10-23-2005, 09:36 AM

i don't pick miami to lose every week. just the weeks when i think they'll lose. this week for example. and look what happened!

and don't try to blame it on the hurricane, because the chiefs were rushed to the airport, thrown onto the field, won the game and flew back to KC all in 17 hours time. AND it was a road game for them. both teams shared disadvantages this week, but KC didn't let it ruin their day.

taking a look at miami's schedule for the rest of the season, i see some teams that i think you can beat, for example:

new orleans
cleveland
oakland
ny jets
tennessee

there's a good chance i'll pick miami in a few of these matchups. no guarantees. things change week to week in this league. the bills have a rough schedule the rest of the season, so i'll probably have to pick them to lose a few games.

face it. miami and buffalo are arch rivals. i don't want to see miami win, anymore than you want to see the bills win, but that's not the point of this thread. i pick who i think will win, not who i want to win.

for example, if i said the bills win and miami loses this week and the opposite occurs, then i'm 8-6, instead of 10-4, and who wants to do that?!

doomsdayvirus
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
9-4 on the weekend, w/ my atlanta pick pending. i'm very surprised green bay and san diego lost. new orleans got screwed by the officiating again, but i was on the edge picking that game. i'm not terribly surprised by the bills loss, disappointed, but not surprised.

feelthepain will be happy that i'm picking new england next week. new england, at home, on sunday night? we don't have a chance. a lot of people want to count them out, and while they're not as good this year as they were the last 2-4 years, they certainly aren't a bad team yet.

i'm still not sure about the upcoming miami @ san antonio game. will have to keep an eye on injuries this week before opening my big mouth.