PDA

View Full Version : Len P's "Insider Tip Sheet"

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 12:05 PM
McGee near extension???

But ESPN.com has learned that negotiations were ramped up this week when Buffalo proposed a four-year extension that would run through the 2009 season, and include a $4.5 million signing bonus and a total of $16.75 million in so-called "new money."

:up:

madness
10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
What do they mean by "new money"?

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Quarterback Rohan Davey, released by Arizona last week, will work out for Buffalo officials next week

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
What do they mean by "new money"?

Money not part of his previous deal.

alohabillsfan
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
basically 4.20 million per year times 4! Please sign it Terrance!

madness
10-21-2005, 12:19 PM
:pray:

AndreReed83
10-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the find Clump.

Carlton Bailey
10-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Rohan Davey... I wonder if it would mean the end of Matthews.

Crisis
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Extend McGee and Clements!!

Pride
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Are you guys serious??? We are going to give McGee starers money when he is not even CLOSE to being a #1 CB in the league???

Sure, he is a great returner... but you dont pay that kinda money for a return man!

Carlton Bailey
10-21-2005, 01:00 PM
McGee is climbing his way up the ladder of being one of the best all-purpose players in football. Of course he deserves that kind of money. Matter of fact, I'd rather sign McGee than Clements.

The Spaz
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Is great on special teams, seems to get better every game at corner I say the man is worth it!:up:

mysticsoto
10-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Are you guys serious??? We are going to give McGee starers money when he is not even CLOSE to being a #1 CB in the league???

Sure, he is a great returner... but you dont pay that kinda money for a return man!

With the way the CBs are signing and the amt of money they are getting, that offer actually seems like a good deal for us!!! I hope McGee signs it!!!

Mahdi
10-21-2005, 02:20 PM
What Buffalo is thinking is that they are better-off signing him now long term, then waiting for him to become a superstar corner and then having to pay even more, when they already know he is progressing to become a great corner.

justasportsfan
10-21-2005, 02:37 PM

Sure, he is a great returner... but you dont pay that kinda money for a return man!It's better than overpaying guys like Teague and M. Williams.

G. Host
10-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Full text in thread on TSW (http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=33421)

Lexwhat
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
What Buffalo is thinking is that they are better-off signing him now long term, then waiting for him to become a superstar corner and then having to pay even more, when they already know he is progressing to become a great corner.

Exactly. McGee's value can only increase. He's been a starting cornerback for barely a year. McGee is a special player and a very complete player. I think Justa said they are thinking of putting McGee on Offense somehow. I havent heard that, but it makes sense.

We need to lock up McGee, Nate, and Willis. They are young stars and should be on our team for many years to come. However, I think we will lose Nate, IMO. But I hope I'm wrong.

BillsFever21
10-21-2005, 03:00 PM
This signals the end of Clements in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
10-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I think Justa said they are thinking of putting McGee on Offense somehow. .Qb and wr. He gets to throw to himself for a td . Thats how goog he is :liar:

mysticsoto
10-21-2005, 03:04 PM
It's better than overpaying guys like Teague and M. Williams.

Is Teague overpaid? I have to admit, he's played decent this year - considering he's so undersized for a center. And he does seem to have good ability to make the calls up front and lead the line...I just wish he'd get on a GNC kick and gain some size!

Sportsuser101
10-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Is Teague overpaid? I have to admit, he's played decent this year - considering he's so undersized for a center. And he does seem to have good ability to make the calls up front and lead the line...I just wish he'd get on a GNC kick and gain some size!

I'm a big fan of Teague. Have been for a few years but he is overpaid for a center. He is getting paid like a starting LT.

Lexwhat
10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Qb and wr. He gets to throw to himself for a td . Thats how goog he is :liar:

Crazy! Mularkey will have outdid himself when they run this trick play.

McGee is now :superman: .

Back to reality...

Romes
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM

The article says the Bills are conisdering putting the Franchise tag on clements. Which will be worth around $9 mill for the year.

Stewie
10-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Sounds like we want to bring Davey in to get some inside info on NE.

DynaPaul
10-21-2005, 04:20 PM

McGee is a damn good CB. I think we SHOULD sign him now while we can pay a reasonable amount of money. I love Clements too but man, he sure is asking for a lot of money. Hopefully we can work something out with Nate too that doesn't eat up so much salary cap room.

X-Era
10-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Rohan Davey... I wonder if it would mean the end of Matthews.

I think this is likely to be just a "database updating" workout

X-Era
10-21-2005, 06:15 PM
The article says the Bills are conisdering putting the Franchise tag on clements. Which will be worth around $9 mill for the year.

Great, then we can tie up 9 mil in cap space, again skip out on the top free agents, only to have it drag on for months until we get scrooged down to trading him for another 3rd rounder.

Ugghhh, just sign the damn guy. You can simply bacloade it such that we wont pay top coin until some other high paid vets are gone like Moulds.

X-Era
10-21-2005, 06:17 PM
McGee is a damn good CB. I think we SHOULD sign him now while we can pay a reasonable amount of money. I love Clements too but man, he sure is asking for a lot of money. Hopefully we can work something out with Nate too that doesn't eat up so much salary cap room.

Wait a sec, exactly how much is Nate asking for? I must have missed that.

Devin
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM

I agree. Thats not to say I dont like this idea, as I am thrilled that they will likely lock McGee up, but he isnt a #1 CB. Hes a great #2 man, and a solid KR.

A little pricey but I can only assume this is in preperation of Clements leaving, and hopefully a McGahee extension.

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 11:08 PM

I disagree

Devin
10-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Clumpy whats your prediction?

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 11:30 PM
At this point, I don't think there is any way Nate does NOT get franchised in order to increase our compensation. Giants? 'Niners? Rams? Texans? They all need a #1 badly. (and if he goes, so will the Bills. :sad:)
This year's draft doesn't look too great for CB's either.

Devin
10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
let me ask you this, if you could have Clements or McGahee who do you choose?

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Both

I suspect something will get done.....I believe the Bills are hoping the CBA gets extended before next yrs FA period starts in March. This will likely allow signing bonuses to be spread out over more than 4 yrs which begins in 2006. It's 5 yrs in 2005

Devin
10-21-2005, 11:43 PM
and this is why i love clump. Thanks man.

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Stop it, you're makin' me blush! :blush:

BSXIII
10-22-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if I like the idea of tying up big money in Mcgee just yet. Sure he's very versatile, but if you invest good CB money into him, do you want him returning punts? If Clements leaves, Mcgee will more than likely be the teams top CB next year, in which case, the team can not afford to risk an injury having him return punts.

BillsFan-N-AZ
10-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Great, then we can tie up 9 mil in cap space, again skip out on the top free agents, only to have it drag on for months until we get scrooged down to trading him for another 3rd rounder.

Ugghhh, just sign the damn guy. You can simply bacloade it such that we wont pay top coin until some other high paid vets are gone like Moulds.

FYI: When you franchise a player if a team want to sign him the must give a 1st and 3rd rounder for compensation.....:peace:

Billsouth
10-22-2005, 07:32 AM
why cannot we sign both?

arent we paying vincent about the same? he clearly derserves the money and td would be smart to lock him up now. we should have extended clements deal years ago.

Tatonka
10-22-2005, 07:43 AM
if you guys think that 16 mill for a starting cb is being overpaid.. your way off.

plus, i dont know how you guys cant see that mcgee is turning the corner as we speak.. he is quietly becoming a very very good cb.. and i dont see why he couldnt be a number 1 if he continues to improve as he has.

i love this move.

and i still think they can sign nate.

Michael82
10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
if you guys think that 16 mill for a starting cb is being overpaid.. your way off.

plus, i dont know how you guys cant see that mcgee is turning the corner as we speak.. he is quietly becoming a very very good cb.. and i dont see why he couldnt be a number 1 if he continues to improve as he has.

i love this move.

and i still think they can sign nate.
Great post, man! I totally agree! I am thrilled that they are working on extending McGee now. It is a great idea. :bf1:

Michael82
10-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Oh and just for the record, here's the stats for the guy that people say is going to get overpaid.... :up:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Terrence%20McGee%20stats.jpg

Michael82
10-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Plus for the ones that say he's too short to be a #1...I have one name to say....

Antoine Winfield. :gag:

casdhf
10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
yeah, he got his payday and now look at him

X-Era
10-22-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah, he got his payday and now look at him

IMHO, McGee has more talent in his little finger than turbo dwarf ever did.

McGee has more speed, better size, better hands, better coverage skills, better returner skills.

The ONLY thing Winfield had was great tackling ability. Great, so he was a midget LB who tried to play CB, enjoy him Vikes, hes all yours.