PDA

View Full Version : Per Clump: WachatalkinaboutWillis?

justasportsfan
10-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Raiders notes: Collins to Jordan: Settle down
By Paul Gutierrez -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Thursday, October 20, 2005
Story appeared in Sports section, Page C4
ALAMEDA - ...

The best? - If the Raiders think they had a rough go of it against San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson last weekend, wait until they get a load of Buffalo's Willis McGahee.

Just ask McGahee, who was asked who was better - him or Tomlinson - in a conference call Wednesday.

"I'm the best back," McGahee said. "Case closed."

McGahee said his hubris stems from his college days.

"I went to the University of Miami; that has a lot to do with it," he said. "Then, I'm very competitive. Then, the fact of what I've been through."

He was referring to the blown out left knee he suffered while playing for the Hurricanes in their national championship game loss to Ohio State on Jan. 3, 2003. He was taken by the Bills with the 23rd overall pick in the 2003 draft and sat out the season.

Last year, he rushed for 1,128 yards in 16 games for the Bills.

...No TV - Sunday's game will be blacked out locally, as the Raiders do not expect to sell out by today's deadline.

DMBcrew36
10-21-2005, 02:25 PM
well, as if it wasn't already, it's safe to say McGahee has an ego hahaha

SquishDaFish
10-21-2005, 02:32 PM
As long as he plays great and doesnt demand the world of money in renoegotiations then he can have that EGO LMAO

MikeInRoch
10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
That is the problem. I guarentee if he gets over 1500 yards this season he'll sit out for a new deal.

Lexwhat
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I dont care how cocky Willis is. Without him, our offense would be nothing. He's very confident and almost always backs it up. For the rest of the season, he will be giving it his all. No doubt.

As far as comparing himself to LT, Willis is perhaps a better rusher. San Diego has a better offensive line, IMO. Of course, Willis doesnt have the same receiving abilities, but it could be argued that Mularkey and Clements dont give him the ball enough on screen passes and thus don't utilize Willis in a more expanded role. I think most of us can agree that we dont use enough screen passes in our offense.

IMO, we cannot let Willis go. I believe it is vital to lock him up long term. Unless/until we build up our offensive line more and bolster our WR unit, Willis is the main key.

Please excuse me for being a little critical, but I see a difference in some people's opinion of Willis and his cockiness. If JP does it, many of you "love his attitude." But when Willis does it, people say "He's cocky, no way he stays with the Bills" "Willis is a loudmouth jerk." I dont feel like going back and tryin to find these comments, but I know they're there. Personally, I like the attitude of both JP and Willis. I'd rather a player get cocky and bring his all (Willis) than a quite one who is inconsistent (Josh Reed, Mark Campbell). (I do like Mark though, dont get me wrong). If anyone crossed the line, it was maybe TO. Not even I will defend his actions.

In my humble opinion, I think that perhaps not enough people know what it's like growing up in a situation like Willis. I read someone here say that they are all thugs down there in Miami when referring to Roscoe and Willis. Ignorant statement. I'm not gonna tell people what to say and what to think, but all I ask is that you consider what I am saying and at least put yourself in their shoes. If you don't know how other people grow up and the type of people they are around, then, IMO, it's ignorant for you to claim like you know what their life is like and say how they should be acting.

Anyways, I love you guys! In a non-homosexual way.

Go Bills! :bighug:

wchutalkinboutwillis
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm flattered. But just for clarification purposes: It's wchutalkinboutwillis.

clumping platelets
10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
:D

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Willis is just having fun.

I seriously don't think we're going to have a problem until his contract year. I could be wrong, but I don't think he wants to sit out. After what he went through, I think he just wants to play and let the rest take care of itself. Meanwhile, he's going to talk some smack and have as much fun as possible. He takes none of this for granted.

Willis is going to get paid and it's going to be by the Buffalo Bills aas long as he's playing well and staying healthy.

GO WILLIS!!!

wchutalkinboutwillis
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Willis is just having fun.

I seriously don't think we're going to have a problem until his contract year. I could be wrong, but I don't think he wants to sit out. After what he went through, I think he just wants to play and let the rest take care of itself. Meanwhile, he's going to talk some smack and have as much fun as possible. He takes none of this for granted.

Willis is going to get paid and it's going to be by the Buffalo Bills aas long as he's playing well and staying healthy.

GO WILLIS!!!

As much as I love the positive emotion, and I truly am a big fan of Willis, you must consider who is agent is. No one loves money & publicity as much as that guy (at least not in professional sports). Rosenhaus is Satanic. I'd bet money that CPR thing with the kid was rigged.
Anyway, TD has proven to be decent on draft contracts but not so good on keeping the talent when contract time is up. Maybe his tune will change with all the chips he gambled with McGahee.

ParanoidAndroid
10-21-2005, 11:04 PM
As much as I love the positive emotion, and I truly am a big fan of Willis, you must consider who is agent is. No one loves money & publicity as much as that guy (at least not in professional sports). Rosenhaus is Satanic. I'd bet money that CPR thing with the kid was rigged.
Anyway, TD has proven to be decent on draft contracts but not so good on keeping the talent when contract time is up. Maybe his tune will change with all the chips he gambled with McGahee.

Have you noticed how much Rosenhaus' pull has declined just over the last year? I think Willis and some other Rosenhaus clients have witnessed what is happeing to those who hold out. GMs are saying, "Let 'em sit." If there is anyone who has the balls to hold that line, it's Donahoe.

wchutalkinboutwillis
10-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Have you noticed how much Rosenhaus' pull has declined just over the last year? I think Willis and some other Rosenhaus clients have witnessed what is happeing to those who hold out. GMs are saying, "Let 'em sit." If there is anyone who has the balls to hold that line, it's Donahoe.

I don't think McGahee is a threat to hold-out while under contract. I just think that when contract time is up, things will probably get ugly. TD tends to put up a wall when negotiations get sticky. His ego's so inflated he thinks he can let the guy walk and then draft someone better the same year. I think Pat Williams is a good example of how foolish he can be.

Meathead
10-22-2005, 08:20 AM
you're not getting my bud light