PDA

View Full Version : Who would you play?

Mr.Reality
10-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Kerry Collins, at home, against the Bills defense, or Jamie Martin against the Saints?

Collins started out hot, but has cooled off lately. Now he doesn't have Moss. But they're at home. Their season sucks. Ronald Curry is a no shot. Porter hasn't been lighting it up. Who's he gonna pass to? Gabriel?

Martin is a career backup guy, but Martz will be Martz and stick to his little system no matter what and throw it all the time. And the Saints are all screwed up living like Gypsies. But. . . the Saints have a way of giving them trouble. But it's in St. Louis. Can he throw a couple lucky TDs?

Who would you play? Right now I'm pretty borderline-ish, but I may be leaning toward Martin. :lol: The Raiders seem to be a little bit too much in a state of disarray for my liking right now.

slakjaw157
10-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Go with Collins. Unfortunately the Bills D hasn't panned out like we thought they would this year. Like you already said, Martin is a career backup. IMO Collins is the better choice.

Mr.Reality
10-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Will the Bills be churning out a million first downs against the Raiders D with McGahee, though? Eating up clock?

tampabay25690
10-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Easy choice go with Collins

AndreReed83
10-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Gotta go with Collins with your backup choice being no one for fear of losing points because of turnovers. Kerry should do okay, has been pretty safe with the ball this year so far and would have even more fantasy points so far if he wasn't jipped out of two touchdowns in the Chiefs game.

slakjaw157
10-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Will the Bills be churning out a million first downs against the Raiders D with McGahee, though? Eating up clock?

I think Lamont Jordan will get his share as well freeing it up a little for Collins.

ParanoidAndroid
10-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Considering the two pass defenses and he fact that Collins will not have Moss, I'd gamble on Martin. Also, consider that Buffalo will control more clock against Oakland's D than NO will against the Rams' D and you have the ball in the hands of Martin for 10+ more plays than Collins will. I doubt that the two will be separated by much more than a couple points, anyway. So, in a wash, I go with the Rams offense against a very weak pass defense. If I may toot my own horn, I know what I'm talking about. I haven't had 7 out of 8 teams in the league championship with 4 winners the past few years because of dumb luck. Not that I'm ALWAYS right, but most of the time.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-22-2005, 02:48 AM
martin

Philagape
10-22-2005, 06:18 AM
Martin. Collins is nobody without Moss

Typ0
10-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Kerry Collins, at home, against the Bills defense, or Jamie Martin against the Saints?
Collins started out hot, but has cooled off lately. Now he doesn't have Moss. But they're at home. Their season sucks. Ronald Curry is a no shot. Porter hasn't been lighting it up. Who's he gonna pass to? Gabriel?
Martin is a career backup guy, but Martz will be Martz and stick to his little system no matter what and throw it all the time. And the Saints are all screwed up living like Gypsies. But. . . the Saints have a way of giving them trouble. But it's in St. Louis. Can he throw a couple lucky TDs?
Who would you play? Right now I'm pretty borderline-ish, but I may be leaning toward Martin. :lol: The Raiders seem to be a little bit too much in a state of disarray for my liking right now.

the only problem with your logic is Martz is in a hospital bed and he's been disallowed to have any contact with the team. The way I saw them play last week they were much more balanced between run and pass...but it was Martin who gave the game away with a couple picks he threw. He was comming off the bench then I can't wait to see what he's bringing this week becuase I have to start him in two leagues.