PDA

View Full Version : On This Date in Buffalo Bills History...

Historian
10-22-2005, 05:56 AM
October 22nd.

1975- The World Football League folds, and Lou Saban wants none of their players.

1978- In the second lowest scoring game in team history, the Bills shut out the Bengals 5-0 at Rich Stadium.

1989- Keeping the ball on the ground by rushing 52 times, the Bills spank the Jets 34-3.

2000- Despite a career high 12 catches for Eric Moulds, the Bills fall at the Metrodome, 31-27.

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2005, 06:12 AM
1.) Who defensively could have helped us that year. I know we had a primo offense.

2.) Seems like our offense now. :D

3.) And this is how we should have been playing from the first game.

4.) Isn't that the game where Peerless fumbled the ball late to give Minnesota the chance to score to take the lead?

Historian
10-22-2005, 06:18 AM
1.) Who defensively could have helped us that year. I know we had a primo offense.
2.) Seems like our offense now. :D
3.) And this is how we should have been playing from the first game.
4.) Isn't that the game where Peerless fumbled the ball late to give Minnesota the chance to score to take the lead?

1. No one that we had rights to, but you're right...they couldn't stop anybody.

2. No comment, lol.

3. I've been screaming that since the Green Bay scrimmage.

4. Yes, good memory. Peerless fumbled with 2:46 left at his own 34.

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2005, 06:56 AM
4. Yes, good memory. Peerless fumbled with 2:46 left at his own 34.

Thanks. I remember that game well because it was my youngest's birthday party and my mom, who is a terrible person to watch a game with, kept yelling stupid crap at the TV. Nobody else was saying anything and the Bills started to lose. It was irritating the crap out of me so I told her, "Why don't you shut up!" It was my house. :D I didn't speak to her for about two a month after that.