PDA

View Full Version : Anyone scared of a Bruschi return next week?

X-Era
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Personally, Im not.

The Pats are so damn beatable its ridiculous. I cant wait to pound them in Lady Schick stadium.

I also cant wait to watch Peter Brady get leveled by Sam Adams!!! Speaking of Sam, anybody else catch the plumbers shot during the last game?

STAMPY
10-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Im sick of hearing about him. I hope he tears his ACL in first game back. So tired of hearing bout him. I just don't wanna see or hear bout him.

X-Era
10-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Im sick of hearing about him. I hope he tears his ACL in first game back. So tired of hearing bout him. I just don't wanna see or hear bout him.

Yeah, i agree. I think he kind of looks like Chyna!

mybills
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
With the way they've been playing, it sounds like a desperate attempt to win (coincidentally against the Bills btw). But I doubt they will for two reasons..
no Bledsoe
no J.P.

Something tells me it wasn't just his love of the game bringing him back
but that he was offered a pretty chunk of change because they really don't want to lose against us.

I really don't see how he can make that big of a difference when Billichick keeps throwing a red flag on stupid non winnable challenges! :snicker:

Cntrygal
10-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Personally,

I'm not focusing on the NE game. We need to get done with Oakland first.

:gobills:

mybills
10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah!!!!

Makes me want to bring back the "hey zoners" threads! :evil:

Novacane
10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
If he does play thiesman and stooge Mguire will be drolling over him like a couple 13yrd olds with a hustler mag. It'll be pathetic

pintonick96
10-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Im more afraid of him dying on the field. He's one of the few good guys in the NFL.

mybills
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Im more afraid of him dying on the field. He's one of the few good guys in the NFL.
oh, he won't..he got a "CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH"!

Dozerdog
10-22-2005, 03:37 PM
He will rock the house as far as fans go, and pump up his teamates.

But as far as his skills- he will be a bit rusty.

mybills
10-22-2005, 03:57 PM
But as far as his skills- he will be a bit rusty.
I have to agree, and I was thinking that also had a lot to do with his decision to return now. If he were out for the entire year, think how much MORE rusty he would be!

OpIv37
10-22-2005, 04:27 PM
you guys are all nuts. NE's run D has suffered a lot and his return will be huge. Regardless of rust, he's one of those players who has a nose for the ball, like Spikes (although Spikes is far more athletic and IMO a better player). He will make plays and he will get the crowd and the team into it.

Let's be realistic. Buffalo's improving and NE's on the slide, but we beat a banged-up Jets team and a Dolphins team that's in the early stages of rebuilding. I don't see any way we can beat a Bellickek-led team in their house, in a night game, when they've had two weeks to prepare. Plus, NE lost their last game and will be looking to make a statement against Buffalo- they're the type of team that always comes through in that situation.

translation: don't get your hopes up. That one's gonna be rough.

But in the meantime, Oakland is very beatable at the moment so if we can execute and avoid mistakes, there is no reason why we should lose this week.

Mike13
10-22-2005, 04:40 PM
If the Pats start kicking ass, now that thry have Bruschi, you know what Pats fans they are gonna say? We sucked early on because we didnt have Bruschi, Bull**** this is the team that shouldnt rely on any one player, and the Dolphins learned that the hard way.

bledslow
10-22-2005, 04:52 PM
bruschi is back,seymour is back, gay will be back to full time in this game, dillon and t.brown(possibly)also will be back. there getting back some big guns. this is not the jets or dolphine here. and they will be at home in primetime. primetime is a place where bills players go to die. this bills team wont be getting the bigtime watered down/injury depleted version of the pats like sandiego,carolina and denver got to play(carolia and denver still barely won to). pats should win this without breaking a sweat.

AndreReed83
10-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Bledslow, you forgot to mention the refs will still be making every call in the Pats favor as well. Don't forget that little aspect. That's why every Pats loss is so sweet, because even in losing, they still have the refs on their side.

im4bflo
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Bruschi won't be a factor, it's the being televised jinx we seem to have that worries me. Beating NE on the road on a nationally televised game would be a HUGE turning point :pray: this could be that turning point! :gobills:

ajsdx
10-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the pats haven't lost two in a row since around 2002. They bring it after a loss, especially at home, especially under the lights, especially with two weeks to prepare, and especially against the bills. It would make it that much sweeter if we could pound their dynasty into the hard real grass of their own stadium, but I agree with Op 100%. Have faith, but don't get too cocky. It will, without question, be a big surprise and a HUGE win if we can pull this out. I'm not expecting us to be 5-3 in two weeks.

That said, I really hope we win since it's one of the very few games I can watch -- I live in NC, have cable (no Sunday Ticket package), and rarely have time to make it to a bar on Sunday afternoons to watch the game. Primetime games make me nervous though.

The last buffalo fan
10-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, the pats haven't lost two in a row since around 2002. They bring it after a loss, especially at home, especially under the lights, especially with two weeks to prepare, and especially against the bills. It would make it that much sweeter if we could pound their dynasty into the hard real grass of their own stadium, but I agree with Op 100%. Have faith, but don't get too cocky. It will, without question, be a big surprise and a HUGE win if we can pull this out. I'm not expecting us to be 5-3 in two weeks.

That said, I really hope we win since it's one of the very few games I can watch -- I live in NC, have cable (no Sunday Ticket package), and rarely have time to make it to a bar on Sunday afternoons to watch the game. Primetime games make me nervous though.

:bf1:!!!!!!

Relax bro, I'm sure the dogs are so tired of losing on prime time, and they will be up to the challenge. But as Cntrygal said, let's focus first on the Maiders.

finsrclowns
10-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Personally, Im not.

The Pats are so damn beatable its ridiculous. I cant wait to pound them in Lady Schick stadium.

I also cant wait to watch Peter Brady get leveled by Sam Adams!!! Speaking of Sam, anybody else catch the plumbers shot during the last game?

Do they have horsies and carousels in your fantasies too?:cloud9:

fushetti
10-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Personally, Im not.

Youre kidding right?

Patriots are going to roll over the Bills. Bruschi or no Bruschi

DynaPaul
10-23-2005, 12:44 AM
If the Patriots don't "win" the Super Bowl again this year then Bruschi's return isn't worth ****e.

tdotbillsfan
10-23-2005, 04:03 AM
That is the stupidest thing i have heard this week! People like you make me sick. Why would you hope for him to tear his ACL? Should'nt you be happy that a good person has made a good enough recovery from a potential life threatening stroke to be able to play the sport he loves again? Personally i wish the the Pats were the team of old, the team that couldnt be beaten because that would show how much of a contender we really are! But thats not the point, the point is that i hope you really didnt mean such a thing, and maybe im over reacting. Plus dont you think that the whole NFL was sick of hearing about WM return from injury to be such an outstanding RB? NOOOOO, because most people are happy to see a guy come back and play well.

Lexwhat
10-23-2005, 05:33 AM
The Pats are "beatable." But, that don't mean we are gonna be the team that beats them. If Corey Dillon has a decent day, it's over. I hate to admit it, but in addition to what people said, when was the last time NE lost a division game at home? I don't really remember.

I doubt this year is going to be any different. NE might be weaker, but I don't think any team in the AFC East is stronger than them. The Patriots got 2 weeks to prepare for this game. And we all know how Coach Mularkey works when faced with a big game, especially on the road. He outsmarts himself. His play-calling is terrible, along with Clements.

The only way I see us winning this game is playing the best defense of the season and make sure our offense spells Willis McGahee the whole game. Willis needs to dominate in order for us to pull out a victory. No one knows how Tedy B. will perform, but I can assure you that he will be an upgrade compared to what they already have.

If the Bills can win the game at NE, I will have a whole new level of respect for Mularkey and will believe that it'll change the course of our entire season in a different direction.

mybills
10-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Screw the prime time "curse"...there's no such thing. Bills just haven't had a QB leading them in a night game that can play under pressure, in such a long time. I doubt they'll start J.P. in a division game as important as the one against NE, and Holcomb has had the experience..hasn't he? So screw the curse, I believe we can get it done..and yes, in thier house! I'm tired of getting depressed just knowing that we have to play them..they are NOT the same team they were last year, and they DON'T scare me! :down:

DMBcrew36
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Scared of Bruschi's return? I'm just scared Bruschi might have a heart attack and die in the middle of the game. But no, really, what the hell is he thinking?:lmao:

colin
10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
frankly i like our chances against either of the super bowl teams last year.

both of their Ds have been very soft, neither are good running teams (both are terrible so far) and they pass a whole lot.

our only weakness right now is run D, giving up big runs (bad weakness, yes), but inspite of how much our O sucked for the first 4 games we haven't been giving up many points (less than 17 a game, and a few of those are on some very short fields), and NE just can't run this year. they might rip off some nice runs, but we have the ability to take the ball away and impact the passing game.

i like our chances going into NE