PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Griffin on Buffalo?

vicmantak
10-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Sorry if already posted but:

Ex-Broncos looking for work

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/bills/rumors.html

He is simply amazing and it would be a very nice addition if he becomes a Buffalo Bill!

Sportsuser101
10-23-2005, 09:31 AM
He's still a free agent. That should tell you enough about him.

vicmantak
10-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Agree but if Broncos tried two times to retain him... it might mean something...

YardRat
10-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Who's roster spot would he likely take?

X-Era
10-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Who's roster spot would he likely take?

Im taking Burns as the odd man out. Williams has shown enough as of late to be worthy of the #2 spot and Gates is worthy of the PS. To me Griffin is an upgrade to Burns.

chubluv
10-23-2005, 11:44 AM
No thanks our RB situation is fine as it is

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Griffin would definitely be a vast improvement over Burns.

JefftheBillsfan
10-23-2005, 12:57 PM
would he though? what can he bring to the table that shaud williams cant. i see joe burns as more versatile as a bigger bag. and he already knows our SPT, cant say the same for griff.

FinsAreLife
10-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry if already posted but:

Ex-Broncos looking for work

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/bills/rumors.html

He is simply amazing and it would be a very nice addition if he becomes a Buffalo Bill!

hes not amazing.....hes good though as a back-up, i agree i think he would be a good asset to you guys, im not sure if it will happen but i wouldnt be surprised if it did

Dozerdog
10-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Quentin Griffin better be an ace special teamer, a versatile blocker, and be able to play fullback.

If QG was all that- sure- drop Burns. But then again, if he could do all that- he'd be a Bronco today

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I know he could be an ace special teamer. And he is a good blocker and doesn't mess up assignment. I don't know about being a full time FB though.

Dozerdog
10-23-2005, 01:52 PM
One has to think there is something under the surface with this guy.

Denver has him as their starter last year- and not only do they give the job to Ruben Drougns by season end- but they go and get Ron Dayne and draft Maurice Clarrett.

With all the injury plagued backfields (Green Bay and Jax come to mind) he's still unemployed.

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 01:59 PM
I dunno, but he was always hard-working and well-mannered at OU and with Denver. I don't look at it as him being the reason they got Ron Dayne and drafted Maurice Clarett. I mean, they drafted Q and they still had Portis and Mike Anderson. And they drafted Tatum Bell while they still had these backs. They just have a history of getting many backs. Most things I read when Q was cut said he was just the odd man out because they had so many backs, nothing to do with his play. I will admit that he has seemed to have a bit of the injury bug since joining the ranks of the NFL.