PDA

View Full Version : Who's better: Gilbride or Clements?

colin
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Gilbride was maddening in his second year, but we had a MASSIVE fall off in talent on O.

Clements has been bad his whole time here.

Gilbride has gotten our O and a few others to high ranking, and is doing well right now with a second year QB in Manning.

he seems to be pass happy, but does work with plays his young QB and team can handle.

clements seems to have his head 3 feet in his ass. he never goes deep and his short passing game is slow to develop.

the constant sam adams and jason peters junk, mixed with running plays that just failed on 4th and short 3 times this year, really makes me think he has no damn idea.

i remember ingtar the guy who used to post here said mularky had a seemingly better version of the same pass happy O that gilbride ran in pittsburgh.

clements is the 3rd generation of gilbride ball, and frankly is no where near as good as mularky was or gilbride is.

the question is who is a worse copy:

clements of gilbride, or gray of williams?

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Gilbride has gotten our O and a few others to high ranking, and is doing well right now with a second year QB in Manning.Let's see...last time Gilbride ran a truly effective offense consistently was Jacksonville...Tom Coughlin was the head coach there...who's the head coach in Giantland again? ;) Coughlin is running that offense even if Gilbride is officially coordinating it.

jmb1099
10-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Apples and oranges...one sucks and the other blows

Michael82
10-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Let's see...last time Gilbride ran a truly effective offense consistently was Jacksonville...Tom Coughlin was the head coach there...who's the head coach in Giantland again? ;) Coughlin is running that offense eevn if Gilbride is officially coordinating it.
Gilbride is only the QB Coach.

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Gilbride is only the QB Coach.
probably because Coughlin won't trust him on his own with it ;)

colin
10-23-2005, 07:13 PM
i still say gilbride is better than clements, and i don't think gilbride is all that good.

clements is terrible

vicmantak
10-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Apples and oranges...one sucks and the other blows
Exactly but I'd go with apples (Gilbride):yucky: