PDA

View Full Version : Time to put Losman back in

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 06:54 PM
I hate to say I was right in predicting this team once again. I said we'd beat Miami and the Jets at home and then lose to Oakland and NE on the road which will happen next week and would be 3-5 going into the bye week.

Let Holcomb play next week and if we don't win put Losman back in after our bye week.

It sucks to be right but that's what happens when you're a realist. I wish I would've been wrong.

This team sucks and Holcomb isn't the answer. How many more 5 yard pass routes can we take? He can't hit downfield passes because he has a noodle arm.

Holcomb isn't doing anything Losman can't do. Mularkey stuck his foot in his mouth again. There shouldn't be anymore question as to who the QB should be the rest of the year and what Mularkey's fate should be after the season.

Ship TD off along with him. We've passed over too many good coaches for these moron of coches TD has assembled.

One more year down the drain. You look foward to football all year for nothing. We're the new Bengals of the AFC.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I agree- if we drop to 3-5 with our schedule, it's over.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 06:59 PM
The negative rep is already coming from the homers. It doesn't bother me at all. Some of us aren't homers and predicted this.

Keep drinking the blue Kool-Aid and make yourself look foolish once again. This team sucks.

Michael82
10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I hate to say I was right in predicting this team once again. I said we'd beat Miami and the Jets at home and then lose to Oakland and NE on the road which will happen next week and would be 3-5 going into the bye week.

Let Holcomb play next week and if we don't win put Losman back in after our bye week.

It sucks to be right but that's what happens when you're a realist. I wish I would've been wrong.

This team sucks and Holcomb isn't the answer. How many more 5 yard pass routes can we take? He can't hit downfield passes because he has a noodle arm.

Holcomb isn't doing anything Losman can't do. Mularkey stuck his foot in his mouth again. There shouldn't be anymore question as to who the QB should be the rest of the year and what Mularkey's fate should be after the season.

Ship TD off along with him. We've passed over too many good coaches for these moron of coches TD has assembled.

One more year down the drain. You look foward to football all year for nothing. We're the new Bengals of the AFC.
Great post. :bf1:

:posrep:

fabolouspaul
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM

Holcomb has a noodle arm? Explain how he had over 400 yards passing in a playoff game? Blame Clements!!!! It's not Holcomb's fault that the recievers are running 5 yard routes. Unfortunately, this offense is designed to hold a lead, not to come back from a deficit. It's too bad that our D is not doing their part to keep the game close.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry for being right. I predicted us losing this game 3 weeks ago along with the New England game and being 3-5 going into the bye week.

Don't hate the player hate the game. But some homers will still predict us to finish 10-6.

sba
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm with you OP - good post.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Holcomb has a noodle arm? Explain how he had over 400 yards passing in a playoff game? Blame Clements!!!! It's not Holcomb's fault that the recievers are running 5 yard routes. Unfortunately, this offense is designed to hold a lead, not to come back from a deficit. It's too bad that our D is not doing their part to keep the game close.

:homer:

It was all Losman's fault 3 weeks ago but now it's the defense and coaching?

The defense didn't do their part and Holcomb isn't the only reason why we lost just as Losman wasn't the only reason.

It's hold true for both QB's. How was it Losman's fault when we had the same coaches and defense?

If this defense doesn't create TO's we don't win. Holcomb wouldn't have beat Tampa or Atlanta either.

This is a bad team who can only beat scrubs. We play any type of a team and we lose whether it's home or not and we can't beat an average team on the road.

In Mularkey's 12 wins only two of them have came against winning teams. It's the cold hard facts.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
We got a lot of TO's against 3 bad teams at home in Houston, Miami and NY. We didn't create TO's against the Bucs, Falcons, Saints or Raiders and we lost. It's not hard to determine how we win or lose.

Novacane
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
May as well put the kid back in after the bye. The pressure will be off him since it's obvious we suck all around. Maybe he'll play better without the pressure to win.

TheBrownBear
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
May as well put the kid back in after the bye. The pressure will be off him since it's obvious we suck all around. Maybe he'll play better without the pressure to win.
Yep. I think these four weeks off will actually be beneficial to Losman's development. He would have been the most hated man in Buffalo if Mularky continued to play him while he struggled. Now that the team obviously sucks all the way around, there is no pressure on him. I'd actually like to see us open up the offense a little with him in there. I'd rather see him make three turnovers and throw for 200 yards, then throw for 75 yards with no to's.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Yep. I think these four weeks off will actually be beneficial to Losman's development. He would have been the most hated man in Buffalo if Mularky continued to play him while he struggled. Now that the team obviously sucks all the way around, there is no pressure on him. I'd actually like to see us open up the offense a little with him in there. I'd rather see him make three turnovers and throw for 200 yards, then throw for 75 yards with no to's.

:clap:

Now maybe some of the homers actually woke up and admit this team just isn't very damn good.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2005, 07:17 PM
The negative rep is already coming from the homers. It doesn't bother me at all. Some of us aren't homers and predicted this.

Keep drinking the blue Kool-Aid and make yourself look foolish once again. This team sucks.

Don't worry, I got neg repped not too long ago for something I was dead on as well. Your post is right and we should definately start Losman. I would not wait until after the bye. Let's get this kid moving. Eli Manning won his game today and got his dreadful season out of him last year. Let's do the same for JP.

Lexwhat
10-23-2005, 07:19 PM
BillsFever,

You are absolutely right. I agree with you 100%. Some people think we can beat NE next weekend at their stadium. It's not going to happen. I said that if Corey Dillon has a decent day, it's over for us. Well, he's gonna have more than a "decent day." This game was the first of the season that we solely lost because of the defense.

I agree, let Kelly Holcomb play next weekend, and then if we lose like I think we will, it's time to put a wrap on this season and let JP take over. We actually have plenty of holes to take care of. Including are:

1. Obtain 2 new stud guards. Move Gandy over to RT and hopefully have Jason Peters ready for next season. This would mean cutting Mike Williams and his fat salary. In fact, I say we start using Peters more this year at LT and give him plenty of reps.

2. Obtain at least 1 stud DT, if possible. Or at least a big body that can stop the run. Even then, we need to solidify our depth too at this position.

3. Our safetys are getting old. Lawyer Milloy got handled today against Lamont Jordan. I dont blame him though, he's too damn old. Look for more of the same to happen throughout the year. I hope there's some safetys in next year's draft.

4. Obtain a new LB. Either move Spikes to MLB next year or sign a new MLB. Presently, our LBs are simply too slow. Oh yea, and get rid of Posey.

5. Obtain a big CB that is physical. Or at least a smaller one that's physical. The softness of our CBs today, especially with Randy Moss not playing much, was embarassing.

6. We need a stud WR, no doubt about it. Our WR core is simply average. One elite receiver would do wonders for our passing game. I would give Clements up for one.

7. After thinking about it for a long time, perhaps it's not worth it to sign Clements to a long term extension. Not because of today's game, but because of the overall state of our O-Line and D-Line.

8. Of course, all these things are easier said than done. But it can happen. Realistically though, the only way I see it happening is with an overhaul of the coaching staff and the new coach doing things his way. So, peace Mike Mularkey.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
The homers are sending me mean reps. It's not my fault along with some others that you can't handle the truth.

X-Era
10-23-2005, 07:25 PM

You were pne of many who were right on.

I was willing to root for whomever as long as we won.

But I also said that Holcomb didnt have it in him.

I was really suprised so many disagreed. We saw average QB after average QB do just about the same thing on this squad with no playoff wins. Flutie, Collins, Van Pelt, and RJ. Yet we STILL had people claiming we could get it done with a guy who has already proven several times over to be mediocre at best.

Well, we wont 2 games against the leagues worst and he stunk it up pretty nice today.

I already said, like many, that it was a matter of time.

Well, at this point we cant win in the future OR now either. So what is the point in starting Holcomb again?

If the season is a wash, and a loss to NE will make it just about over, then why not work with your prospect and see what ya got in him.

This team isnt good enough to go to the playoffs regardless of who is the starting QB. And if the results are the same no matter who plays, play your young guy.

Kerr
10-23-2005, 07:26 PM
I concur.

Nighthawk
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
You're absolutely right and I know about the homers...they see everything through rose colored glasses! This team blows and is going nowhere and if they lose next week, you have to put Losman in and take the lumps as they come. Let him grow, mature and hopefully he can lead the team next year. I wanted to win now, but it is very obvious that this team isn't good enough and neither is the coaching. Both coordinators are freakin' lost and neither can make an adjustment when we need it. It's an f'n joke!

X-Era
10-23-2005, 07:28 PM
The homers are sending me mean reps. It's not my fault along with some others that you can't handle the truth.

Despite the neg reps, you were on the money.

Holcomb with wins, OK fine
Holcomb with losses, NO

JP has better potnetial and upside lets get back on track with developing him.

BillsFever21
10-23-2005, 07:28 PM
You're absolutely right and I know about the homers...they see everything through rose colored glasses! This team blows and is going nowhere and if they lose next week, you have to put Losman in and take the lumps as they come. Let him grow, mature and hopefully he can lead the team next year. I wanted to win now, but it is very obvious that this team isn't good enough and neither is the coaching. Both coordinators are freakin' lost and neither can make an adjustment when we need it. It's an f'n joke!

We're gonna finish the season 7-2 and make the playoffs.

FinsAreLife
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
if you guys want to win, switching back and forth will get you some wins, but it wont get you playoffs, but if you stick with one qb and its the wrong one then that wont either, its a tough desicion, i place the blame on the team this week, before it was losman but i dont think your line did good this week

X-Era
10-23-2005, 07:32 PM

I agree but I think that TD gets the blame here.

We have been HORRENDOUS against the run. We simply wouldnt pay for Pat. OK. But then we brought NO ONE else in. HUH?? We had a shot at Corey SImon but didnt take it? after showing how weak we were against the run?

Well here we are. TKO would have helped but he wouldnt have changed that much when we were getting torched up the middle. We miss Pat and that scrooge TD simply wouldnt pay for an upgrade to Ron Edwards or god forbid one of the others if Ron went down.

TD's tight purse mentality has cost us.

Nighthawk
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
We're gonna finish the season 7-2 and make the playoffs.

There you go, you've found those rose colored glasses. :liar:

j/k

FinsAreLife

i think your right, look at carson palmer he didnt look so great his first couple years but you could tell he had potential and look at him now because he matured, i dont think losmans as good as palmer but he does have potential to be a little above average qb

Nighthawk
I agree but I think that TD gets the blame here.

We have been HORRENDOUS against the run. We simply wouldnt pay for Pat. OK. But then we brought NO ONE else in. HUH?? We had a shot at Corey SImon but didnt take it? after showing how weak we were against the run?

Well here we are. TKO would have helped but he wouldnt have changed that much when we were getting torched up the middle. We miss Pat and that scrooge TD simply wouldnt pay for an upgrade to Ron Edwards or god forbid one of the others if Ron went down.

TD's tight purse mentality has cost us.

Agreed...he is a big part of the problem.

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:35 PM
i think your right, look at carson palmer he didnt look so great his first couple years but you could tell he had potential and look at him now because he matured, i dont think losmans as good as palmer but he does have potential to be a little above average qb
actually, he only took one year on the bench, one starting and playing poorly and now he's playing well

colin
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
if we tank against NE then yeah, it is time to put JP in and see what he can get done.

i am not sure he has what it takes to be a quality QB in the NFL, but I am sure our DC and OC don't have what it takes to be NFL quality. just like when we refused to run against NO, or how we blitz all damn day even if it doesn't work, our coaches seem to get an idea of what should work (to their credit it does work in the first drives very well) but have no capacity to make an adjustment.

the raiders have a dull slow but strong vanilla D. we did absolutely nothing to take advantage of it, and inspite of 2 good drives, showed no ability to get it done today.

Novacane
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM

You're not the only one getting negged. It hurts so bad doesn't it? :snicker:

ScottLawrence
10-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Why?

It isn't apparent to you that Losman is an ass hole that nobody likes?

First he goes on ESPN before the 2004 draft and makes fun of Roethlisberger.

Then in preseason, his own teammate breaks his leg.

When he does get the starting job, he calls out one of his coaches in training camp.

He goes onto the regular season, having about one good quarter in 4 games, and is even criticized by one of his former teammates in Tulane, Mewlde Moore, saying the guy was very selfish in college.

I believe Losman sucks, and will always suck.

Donahoe has really dug this team in a deep hole in very crucial positions.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Why?

When he does get the starting job, he calls out one of his coaches in training camp.

He goes onto the regular season, having about one good quarter in 4 games, and is even criticized by one of his former teammates in Tulane, Mewlde Moore, saying the guy was very selfish in college.

Losman does not suck.

Drive 4 Five
10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Why?
It sounds like YOU'RE the A$$HOLE that nobody likes. :D

Drive 4 Five
10-23-2005, 08:51 PM
if we tank against NE then yeah, it is time to put JP in and see what he can get done.
i am not sure he has what it takes to be a quality QB in the NFL, but I am sure our DC and OC don't have what it takes to be NFL quality. just like when we refused to run against NO, or how we blitz all damn day even if it doesn't work, our coaches seem to get an idea of what should work (to their credit it does work in the first drives very well) but have no capacity to make an adjustment.
the raiders have a dull slow but strong vanilla D. we did absolutely nothing to take advantage of it, and inspite of 2 good drives, showed no ability to get it done today.

How the hell do you know what it takes to be an NFL QB? You don't, so do us all a favor and stop with the silly ass comments, like you have a single clue as to WTF you are talking about.

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 08:53 PM
easy now, colin didn't say JP didn't have what it takes..he said he wasn't sure he had what it takes...which he's hardly alone in...I don't know if any of us are really 100% sure on that

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 08:54 PM
How the hell do you know what it takes to be an NFL QB? You don't, so do us all a favor and stop with the silly ass comments, like you have a single clue as to WTF you are talking about.

Colin said he isn't sure of what it takes to be an NFL QB....

Philagape
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Give Holcomb the NE game, and then we have 2 weeks to prep JP.

If there's a miracle and Holcomb helps beat NE, then stick with him.

BSXIII
10-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Why?

Blasphemy!!! Losman is God's gift to the NFL. He will be the greatest QB to ever play the game. Suggesting otherwise will you negged by the homers.

Being cocky is a great trait, even if he cant' back it up. Teams don't win Super Bowls QB's do. It's all about the QB!!!

BTW, Tom I'm sick of this kool-aid, what's next weeks flavor?

Philagape
10-23-2005, 10:25 PM
The ignore list grows longer .....

colin
10-23-2005, 10:44 PM
easy now, colin didn't say JP didn't have what it takes..he said he wasn't sure he had what it takes...which he's hardly alone in...I don't know if any of us are really 100% sure on that

i did in fact say that.

i still stand by my comment that he isn't/wasn't ready (will this crisis change that? let's hope so), but more importantly our coaches really don't do a good job on game day.

it is like they pick what would have won against the film they saw, practice it all day every day, come out and score and get a stop to start the game, and then never change anything.

the way we stop running all together, blitz on every down, always rush our ends in exactly the same way so they can be accounted for easily, and never even attempt a deep(ish) pass makes me think these guys are suffering from gregggggg williams syndrome, where they focus on one damn thing only and just hope nothing else will get them.

looking at this team, i really don't think the players buy into the coaches stuff.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2005, 11:43 PM
The ignore list grows longer...

:posrep:

Typ0
10-24-2005, 06:13 AM
unfortunatelly, our future does not look too rosy either. I hightly doubt TD is going anywhere...and even if we do get rid of the mediocrity asswhipe that means we are going to have to start over again. Things don't look good for the Bills. I expect after this season our best players are going to try and get out of here because our front office sucks and won't get what we need to win. This game is won in the trenches...and we can't even drop down a ladder to get into the trenches. Our team is pathetic.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Holcomb was efficient. If we can't beat the raiders with an injured Moss, we pretty much know what condition this team is in. If we don't beat Pats. we have 2 weeks to have JP get ready.

guy
10-24-2005, 07:04 AM
WE SHOULD OF NEVER TAKEN HIM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 08:19 AM
WE SHOULD OF NEVER TAKEN HIM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah because he was showing so many signs of improving.

He had to be taken out. Just to save what little confidence he had left.

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Holcomb was efficient. If we can't beat the raiders with an injured Moss, we pretty much know what condition this team is in. If we don't beat Pats. we have 2 weeks to have JP get ready.

If he was so efficient, then how come we could not take advantage of the Raider's secondary missing two starters?

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 08:42 AM
If he was so efficient, then how come we could not take advantage of the Raider's secondary missing two starters?

How come JP could only throw for 75 yards against a Atlanta team missing their whole secondary plus some 2nd stringers?

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 08:59 AM
How come JP could only throw for 75 yards against a Atlanta team missing their whole secondary plus some 2nd stringers?

Because he stinks right now. He is young and inexperienced. At least he has an excuse though.

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM
I am not blaming it all on Holcomb, but he is going to take us nowhere. We drafted Losman (whether that was a good or bad decision remains to be seen) so I think it is time that we move forward. We ALL know NOW that this team has much larger problems than the QB. Stop delaying the inevitable.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM

CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Holcomb 19/27 159 2 0

that's efficient qb'ing even without a running game.

If the D did their part then maybe his stats would've been better.

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Give Holcomb the NE game, and then we have 2 weeks to prep JP.

If there's a miracle and Holcomb helps beat NE, then stick with him.

Post of the week! I totally agree. It's that simple. Now this thread should come to a close.

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Holcomb 19/27 159 2 0

Thank you!!! :goodpost:

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Holcomb 19/27 159 2 0

Well then, that was not enough to get it done was it? He should have had 280 yards and like five touchdowns then. If our defense can't get it done then the offense needs to step it up. Like I said, I do not want to sound as if I am balming this all on Holcomb, he played better than most, but STILL it WASN'T enough. No disrespect Justa, I am just trying to state my case that the time to go back to Losman is now. This team IS NOT going to the playoffs bro. I'll say it again, stop delaying the inevitable.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Well then, that was not enough to get it done was it? He should have had 280 yards and like five touchdowns then. If our defense can't get it done then the offense needs to step it up. Like I said, I do not want to sound as if I am balming this all on Holcomb, he played better than most, but STILL it WASN'T enough. No disrespect Justa, I am just trying to state my case that the time to go back to Losman is now. This team IS NOT going to the playoffs bro. I'll say it again, stop delaying the inevitable.I never said that was enough to get it done. I was simply stating he was efficient and I have shown it to you.

I never said that KH was a guy who could win games for us either. As long as everyone on this team did their part, we could've made it to the playoffs. Problem is, while the qb has been efficient, the running game and the D isn't. If we don't make playoffs, it's not because of KH .

LtBillsFan66
10-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Holcomb had a decent game. I don't know why anyone would rather have JP in there besides getting him some experience. JP absolutely sucked. If anyone watched the game they'd know the D came up lame. Was run right over, no pass rush, etc.

LtBillsFan66
10-24-2005, 09:18 AM
I never said that was enough to get it done. I was simply stating he was efficient and I have shown it to you.
I never said that KH was a guy who could win games for us either. As long as everyone on this team did their part, we could've made it to the playoffs. Problem is, while the qb has been efficient, the running game and the D isn't. If we don't make playoffs, it's not because of KH .

ditto

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Holcomb had a decent game. I don't know why anyone would rather have JP in there besides getting him some experience. JP absolutely sucked. If anyone watched the game they'd know the D came up lame. Was run right over, no pass rush, etc.

Again, nobody anywhere is saying at this point that JP is better, or would have done better than Holcomb. With that said we are not a playoff team so let's develop our future for the rest of the season and find out if we need to trade for Rivers, etc., in the off-season. Again JP sucks because he's had 4 career starts. Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer. Maybe you should watch their first 4 games and than you would realize that JP actaully looked better than all of them. I am sick of these stupid posts!!!

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Again, nobody anywhere is saying at this point that JP is better, or would have done better than Holcomb. With that said we are not a playoff team so let's develop our future for the rest of the season and find out if we need to trade for Rivers, etc., in the off-season. Again JP sucks because he's had 4 career starts. Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer. Maybe you should watch their first 4 games and than you would realize that JP actaully looked better than all of them. I am sick of these stupid posts!!!

We are 2-0 in the division. If by some divine intervention , the bills beat the PAts ( a miracle) then we're 3-0. I say we stick w/ KH this game and whether he does well or stinks but end up losing, we switch to JP.

At least we can tell the vets we've tried it your way and you failed .

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
I think everyone on this site can agree that if Holcomb loses the next game, start JP the rest of the season. Case closed!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
I think everyone on this site can agree that if Holcomb loses the next game, start JP the rest of the season. Case closed!!!!!!!!!!!
:up:

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:46 AM
CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Holcomb 19/27 159 2 0

Holy sh..t, thats some unbelievable numbers. 159 yards of passing!! That's huge. Considering we were down by 2 scores we really lit it up. Considering 3 out of the 4 starters were missing in Oakland's secondary that deep ball beat them badly all day!! WTF!

Nobody is saying that JP is better. Our team sucks and as soon as the homers admit this in and outside the organization than we can put JP in and figure what the future holds.

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Holy sh..t, thats some unbelievable numbers. 159 yards of passing!! That's huge. Considering we were down by 2 scores we really lit it up. Considering 3 out of the 4 starters were missing in Oakland's secondary that deep ball beat them badly all day!! WTF!

Nobody is saying that JP is better. Our team sucks and as soon as te homers admit this in and outside the organization than we can put JP in and figure what the future holds.

Cool, lets start losman next week against New England. Im sure Bellichick will really build up his self esteem.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:50 AM

Why are we waiting? Let the kid get some experience against a SB team on the road. We can't be anymore embarrassed than watching the hapless Raiders run on us for the final 8 minutes of the game. If the kid pulls out a win our future starts a little early. If Holcomb wins all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Does anybody actually think we have a chance at making the playoffs?!

DMBcrew36
10-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Nobody is saying that JP is better. Our team sucks and as soon as the homers admit this in and outside the organization than we can put JP in and figure what the future holds.

putting JP in would not only help him to grow faster towards the future, but also get us better draft picks. Both are pluses.

I agree with putting JP in if Holcomb loses the NE game.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:52 AM
it's better than 75 yds against a depleted falcons secondary. :shakeno: .

Some people need to look at the definition of the word "efficient ".

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Why are we waiting? Let the kid get some experience against a SB team on the road. We can't be anymore embarrassed than watching the hapless Raiders run on us for the final 8 minutes of the game. If the kid pulls out a win our future starts a little early. If Holcomb wins all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Does anybody actually think we have a chance at making the playoffs?!

Remember, if we beat New England, we'll be in sole posession of 1st place and be 3-0 in the division. If we lose, then we're basically 2 games back (we should start jp if we lose next week) Remember, the division winner gets a HOME playoff game. Im not saying we're good enough to make the playoffs, but our division rivals arent doing great either.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:58 AM
putting JP in would not only help him to grow faster towards the future, but also get us better draft picks. Both are pluses.

I agree with putting JP in if Holcomb loses the NE game.

Thank you for actually reading my post and not overreacting to it. I'd like to see JP start now but the organization is going to play Holcomb. I'm not dumb enough to believe it will work out any other way. Hopefully after we get massacred on prime time JP gets to play. Although, everybody knows we are going to lose this game. Enough were I am putting $1,000 down on the Pats with whatever points NE is giving. With that said there is more upside if miraculously JP wins the game vs. Holcomb winning the game.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Remember, if we beat New England, we'll be in sole posession of 1st place and be 3-0 in the division. If we lose, then we're basically 2 games back (we should start jp if we lose next week) Remember, the division winner gets a HOME playoff game. Im not saying we're good enough to make the playoffs, but our division rivals arent doing great either.

You and I are not that far off. However, let me give you the pick of the year. No matter how big the line is on this game, take the Pats. The Bills have yet to win a prime time game in like 10 years. Not only do they always lose but they always get KILLED on prime time. They are playing in New England where the Bills never win. BB owns our coaching staff to the point where he pointed it out in his book. We are his *****. Brady, without pressure is going to pick us apart. Corey Dillon, who is a much better back than Jordan, will easily run for over 100 yards. They are coming off a bye. I am putting a $1,000 on this game. You have a better chance of seeing a Unicorn on your front lawn than the Bills winning this game!

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 10:34 AM
You and I are not that far off. However, let me give you the pick of the year. No matter how big the line is on this game, take the Pats. The Bills have yet to win a prime time game in like 10 years. Not only do they always lose but they always get KILLED on prime time. They are playing in New England where the Bills never win. BB owns our coaching staff to the point where he pointed it out in his book. We are his *****. Brady, without pressure is going to pick us apart. Corey Dillon, who is a much better back than Jordan, will easily run for over 100 yards. They are coming off a bye. I am putting a $1,000 on this game. You have a better chance of seeing a Unicorn on your front lawn than the Bills winning this game!

LOL, i guess you'll be happy either way. A Bills win or $2000 bucks. You better hope that Vinatierri dosent kick a game winning field goal though since the line i predict will be at -10 points.

Philagape
10-24-2005, 10:49 AM

If we can win in NE, yes.

DaBills
10-24-2005, 11:00 AM
What good does putting JP back in or sticking with KH, if the gameplan won't change? WM gets just one carry in the first series Sunday? Forgetting his boasting, he's still arguably the most consistant player on O and needs 25 carries a game starting early. Run WM early and often, not shaud, develop screen passes with the TEs and we will sustain drives. Then you can work on the secondary with Moulds and Co. Surely even KH or JP can hit a screen?

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Because he stinks right now. He is young and inexperienced. At least he has an excuse though.

KH has an excuse as well. 10 years as a career backup. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Why are we waiting? Let the kid get some experience against a SB team on the road. We can't be anymore embarrassed than watching the hapless Raiders run on us for the final 8 minutes of the game. If the kid pulls out a win our future starts a little early. If Holcomb wins all we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

:up:

Does anybody actually think we have a chance at making the playoffs?!

Incredibly, there are some people who do think that. And just to head off the "you're a quitter posts".......I "hope" we do, but I "think" we won't.

Philagape
10-24-2005, 11:27 AM
We could start JP on the road on national TV against the defending champs who have had a week off and may get their best 2 defensive stars back.

Or we could start him at home against a far less formidable defense with 2 weeks to prepare.

I think the latter is wiser.

And if we can beat the Pats in NE (which I don't think will happen), then we can beat anybody and therefore should not give up on the season.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
We could start JP on the road on national TV against the defending champs who have had a week off and may get their best 2 defensive stars back.

Or we could start him at home with 2 weeks to prepare against a far less formidable defense.

I think the latter is wiser.

You have a point....I'd still play him, but I can see the other side of the argument and agree that playing him after the bye could be better. But that's as long as I want to wait.

Philagape
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
You have a point....I'd still play him, but I can see the other side of the argument and agree that playing him after the bye could be better. But that's as long as I want to wait.

Under the current management, you never know how dumb they'll sink, so this debate could be moot.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Under the current management, you never know how dumb they'll sink, so this debate could be moot.

Hehe...true.

Hey, think about this....what if....what if JP goes in and WINS THE GAME! Talk about a confidence booster. He beats NE on national TV.

Of course, we'd then all have to wear hats and raincoats after that because the sky would be filled with flying pigs crapping all over the place. :;

mysticsoto
10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah because he was showing so many signs of improving.

He had to be taken out. Just to save what little confidence he had left.

I think this game served to show that if the D plays terrible and the Oline doesn't hold (like they did when JP was starting) it doesn't matter who is at QB, we will still lose.

Both QBs have deficiencies. Holcomb did not throw one bomb. Our passing game yesterday looked like a West Coast offense with all the short dunks - and that's not what we are setup to do. Obviously, McGahee didn't do crap either.

We could've had Brady or either Manning in there and still done just as bad. None of the QBs we have are going to do anything until we get those problems resolved first!!!

dplus47
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Again JP sucks because he's had 4 career starts. Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer. Maybe you should watch their first 4 games and than you would realize that JP actaully looked better than all of them. I am sick of these stupid posts!!!

not trying to cause trouble, but carson palmer led his team to a come-from-behind victory on sunday night football in one of his first games. granted, it was against a phins team that was terrible, but their secondary was better then.

ParanoidAndroid
10-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Even if NE continues to play mediocre football and ends up at 8-8 and somehow we manage to win a a few more home games and beat Miami and NYJ on the road, putting us at 8-8 we likely lose the tie breaker and the wildcards go to someone else (San Diego, Denver, KC, Jacksonville, Cinci). If by some miracle, we end up with a better division record, who thinks we can go anywhere in the playoffs?

No one with any sense.

If by some miracle, the defense turns things around and the offense continues to be efficient, and we win in NE and at home against SD, then my mind will change. Notice my choice of words which I am echoing along with many others here..."miracle."

Last year this team had a favorable schedule and the defense was lights out. This year, the schedule hates us and the defense is fast asleep. There will be no turnaround.

Time to see if JP can cut it in this league so we can start looking forward to building a defense that can help out.

Our DE's are mediocre although serviceable, our DT's are poor besides Adams, our safeties are clearly slowing down, Fletcher is clearly slowing down (I love the guy, but he's definately in his declining years. ILB don't usually last very long), there's a fair chance that Spikes will never be the same, and our #1 CB is going to be looking for a huge payday.

I say purge and rebuild the D now.

As for the offense, we are going to need someone to replace Anderson at guard and Williams at LT unless he takes a paycut. Gandy has actually been pretty good so far. I think Evans has that potential to be as good as Steve Smith and better than Santana Moss, but he doesn't have the right QB to prove it right now. I don't think we can afford to draft another WR on day one with all the holes on defense we suddenly have.
Biggest needs
1. DT Ngata RD 1
2. CB (if Clements stays move all others up) Hunter RD 2
3. LB FA for depth purposes
4. OG (Lentz RD 2 if Clements stays) FA
5. SS Blue RD 3
6. OT Levoir RD 3
7. WR FA or we may have to wait a year

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I say purge and rebuild the D now.

I'd take it one step further...purge the whole front office and let the new GM rebuild a team that can win.