PDA

View Full Version : Defensive game plan

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Why were Eric King and Jabari Greer in 1 on 1 coverage in 3rd and long situation while Milloy blitzed (and didn't get there)? A big problem today was that our pass rush was completely ineffective, despite the blitzes.

At what point does Gray say "we're not getting there anyway- might as well leave Milloy in coverage"?

I just don't understand why we were stretching our depth chart on 3rd and long.

And note to TD: IF YOU HAD GOTTEN US A DEFENSIVE TACKLE TO REPLACE WILLIAMS, SAPE AND ANDERSON WOULDN'T BE ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME TO MISS TACKLES AND TAKE STUPID PENALTIES.

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Eric King ...Shaun's the ex-Bucs QB ...and I don't believe they deemed T-Mac ready to come back just yet

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Eric King ...Shaun's the ex-Bucs QB ...and I don't believe they deemed T-Mac ready to come back just yet

right- edited. Wasn't he actually the Seahawks QB?

MikeInRoch
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
This problem with blitzes has been all year, really. How many times have we brought the house, no one gets through, and our opponent makes an easy completion to convert a third down?

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
right- edited. Wasn't he actually the Seahawks QB?
maybe there as well...I just remember he started in Tampa

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:13 PM
maybe there as well...I just remember he started in Tampa nope...Tampa 99-03
Cards in 04
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/KingSh00.htm

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
This problem with blitzes has been all year, really. How many times have we brought the house, no one gets through, and our opponent makes an easy completion to convert a third down?

that's exactly what I'm talking about. Go back and watch the game tape. Every time we pressured Collins, he missed his throw (which wasn't that many). Every time he had time to pass, he threw it perfectly, and we were in single coverage because Gray blitzed and there was no one to make a play on the ball.