PDA

View Full Version : The real problem with this team...

Stewie
10-23-2005, 07:17 PM
... is the defensive line.

We have DT's who can't stop the run, and DE's who can't rush the passer.

It changes the whole complexion of the team. We have to blitz to create pressure. When the blitz gets picked up we get burned. A lot.

Our offense isn't the problem. We can score enough to win. The problem is we can't stop the run and we can't rush the passer.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Because we lost a Pro Bowl defensive tackle and replaced him with, um, NO ONE. Thanks, TD.

Also, our DE's are undersized speed guys. That's good for sacks when you're up by two touchdowns late in the 4th quarter and it's a given that the other team is going to air it out. The rest of the time it doesn't work so well.

Turf
10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Add the offensive line woes and you've got a microcosm of what's wrong with the way this team was built.
TD has neglected both lines. He just doesn't get it.

Bmax
10-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Amen brother.......The good new is the draft has good d and o linemen.. The bad news is donahoe may be doing the drafting.....

Bmax

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Because we lost a Pro Bowl defensive tackle and replaced him with, um, NO ONE. Thanks, TD.

Also, our DE's are undersized speed guys. That's good for sacks when you're up by two touchdowns late in the 4th quarter and it's a given that the other team is going to air it out. The rest of the time it doesn't work so well.
Pro Bowl defensive tackle? Really? Since when?

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Pat Williams is really helping the Vikings Defense

TacklingDummy
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Pat Williams looked awesome today.

I agree the D-line is whats wrong with this team. Kerry Collins had all day to throw the ball today.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro Bowl defensive tackle? Really? Since when?

he was an alternate in 02 and 03. So maybe that doesn't REALLY count, but close enough.

Kerr
10-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Pat Williams and Sam Adams compliment each other. TD should have never tried to break up that chemistry.

ScottLawrence
10-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Pat Williams is really helping the Vikings Defense

If you saw Pat Williams play today, you would've saw the same force you saw last year with the Bills.

Its really a shame we let him depart like he ment nothing to this team.

Just another TD decision that he let his ego get in the way of.

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
If you saw Pat Williams play today, you would've saw the same force you saw last year with the Bills.

And the sad part is, is was all about the money to Big Pat. He tried to get more money from TD instead of taking a discount. TD got offended and sent him away. TD should have sucked it up and paid the man. I bet Sam Adams is really missing him to clog up the holes and allow Sam to roam free and get to the QB more.

Crisis
10-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Pat Williams and Sam Adams compliment each other. TD should have never tried to break up that chemistry.

TD didn't "TRY" to break up that chemistry. Fat Pat got way overpaid.

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:34 PM
He didn't try. Big Pat just wouldn't give the Bills a hometown discount and fled to join his former DC, Ted Cottrell. Someone who knows how to call a game. :sigh:

Kerr
10-23-2005, 08:34 PM

Whatever. He was worth the money.

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I personally feel the real problem with this team is the fact we keep getting outscored. If only we could start outscoring the other team, I think we would do much better! :up:

Kenny
10-23-2005, 08:36 PM

He did... but looking at this Bills defense right now, -I wouldnt mind overpaying. It's hard to believe that a top3 defense the past 2 years could turn into the most overrated and pathetic units in just one offseason.

Luisito23
10-23-2005, 08:46 PM

Agreed..but that sonaba:rage: should of provided us with a decent replacement...
How the f:rage: is it that whenever someone runs it at us they magically transform into Barry Sanders in his prime....
This Defense is just a disgrace, no heart, and passion...
The reason we lost today was poor D. and poor coaching, not Holcomb's fault he didn't get the chance to at least tie things up....
the game was far from over when Reed scored....
I never lost trust in them until today, and until they show us something else we'll still see Barry every Sun.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

The Spaz
10-23-2005, 08:52 PM
He didn't try. Big Pat just wouldn't give the Bills a hometown discount and fled to join his former DC, Ted Cottrell. Someone who knows how to call a game. :sigh:

Oh yeah how about that great Vikings D...

DaBills
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
The best defense is good offense. We ran WM one time in the first series then threw the rest. MM and Clements just don't get it. We have a great RB in WM and for whatever reason, will not let him be the focal point. All KH has to do is hand the ball off and not be Drew, but they can't even let him do that. If we establish the run, it will sustain drives and keep opponents from getting their O out there.

This ****ty playcalling goes striclty on MM and TC. TD should help them pack, then pack his bags too.

LtBillsFan66
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Bills D line:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/416170/2/Swiss_cheese.jpg

Philagape
10-23-2005, 10:21 PM
The issue is, is Pat still in his prime, or is he on the decline? The fact that the Vikes have the WORST rushing D (and how they do against GB's decimated running game should convince no one otherwise) tells me he's on the decline.

It's an appropriate issue since Monday is Pat's 33rd birthday.

colin
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
i was a huge pat williams fan, but what we really should have done was sign Simon when he was available.

if we did that and started JP, we might only be a bit better overall, but we would have one 1 or 2 more games, which would have let us give the playoffs a shot.

now the only way we can make the playoffs is to beat NE in NE in prime time. after a damn bye week. that has got to be the hardest thing to do in football.

Spiderweb
10-24-2005, 12:33 AM
And the sad part is, is was all about the money to Big Pat. He tried to get more money from TD instead of taking a discount. TD got offended and sent him away. TD should have sucked it up and paid the man. I bet Sam Adams is really missing him to clog up the holes and allow Sam to roam free and get to the QB more.

Of the wide range of comments being made here, this one seems to be the closest to the truth. Pat talked of a home team discount, then signed, and signed quickly with a team that offered approx a mil more than the Bills did. That was what TD said when it was all done. TD added that he thought they would get it done, but seemed as if Pat and his agent really weren't willing to work with him.

Let's not forget how fast Phat Pat signed with the Vikes, who by the way had a heck of a lot more cap room than did the Bills. The difference probably had to do with the up front (bonus) money I suspect. To lay blame strictly on TD here is a bit of a reach.

Spiderweb
10-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Bills D line:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/416170/2/Swiss_cheese.jpg
Amen. Even when they know every play is going to be a run, they play even worse and give up one big run after another. Shameful.

Too many of the holes Jordon, Martin, Brown, McAllister, and Williams have had to were enormous. I believe Gray and the Bills are overcompensating for the loss of Phat Pat by having DT and DE's crashing down inside only to leave huge caps that these opponents backs are bouncing to. Do the Bills miss Phat Pat? Hell yeah. They (and we) sure do.

I know one thing, I sure misss the Smith, Washington, Hansen line of yore....

Mahdi
10-24-2005, 01:20 AM
What I dont understand is how we couldnt exploit the raiders in the passing game, when coming into the game they were in the bottom 5 against the pass, and they lost both Gibson and Woodson in the first half. This tells me that clements and Mularkey have no clue how to run an offense. All our plays are basic pass plays or a run with willis. Anyone can key in on that and defend it. The other problem that occurs each and every week is the inability of the D to stop opponents on third and long. Most teams count on getting their opponents into that situation whereas for us, its a weakness. Go figure.

Tinboy
10-24-2005, 01:48 AM
24-17 In the beginning of the 4th. That's when the D# is suppose to step up. Then what?
Buffalo Bills at 14:53
R.Lindell kicks 63 yards from BUF 30 to OAK 7. C.Carr to OAK 23 for 16 yards (R.Denney).
Oakland Raiders at 14:47
1-10-OAK23 (14:47) K.Collins sacked at OAK 21 for -2 yards (A.Schobel).
2-12-OAK21 (14:17) K.Collins pass to J.Porter to OAK 40 for 19 yards (T.Vincent).
1-10-OAK40 (13:31) K.Collins pass to J.Porter to OAK 49 for 9 yards (T.McGee).
2-1-OAK49 (12:57) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 49 for 2 yards (C.Kelsay).
1-10-BUF49 (12:21) K.Collins right end to BUF 42 for 7 yards (J.Greer).
2-3-BUF42 (11:39) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 39 for 3 yards (L.Milloy).
1-10-BUF39 (11:01) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 36 for 3 yards (J.Bannan, L.Fletcher).
2-7-BUF36 (10:24) K.Collins pass to J.Foschi to BUF 28 for 8 yards (L.Fletcher).
PENALTY on OAK-C.Anderson, Illegal Motion, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 36 - No Play.
2-12-BUF41 (10:01) K.Collins pass to Z.Crockett to BUF 18 for 23 yards (T.Vincent, N.Clements).
1-10-BUF18 (9:20) L.Jordan right tackle to BUF 14 for 4 yards (J.Greer).
PENALTY on BUF-L.Sape, Personal Foul, 7 yards, enforced at BUF 14.
1-7-BUF7 (8:55) L.Jordan left end for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Ties Raider record for most rushing touchdowns (3) in a game.
S.Janikowski extra point is GOOD, Center-A.Treu, Holder-S.Lechler.
BUF 17 OAK 31, Plays: 10 Yards: 77 Possession: 6:04.

Jesus, so much for dynasty defense :cry:

The_Philster
10-24-2005, 04:56 AM
The issue is, is Pat still in his prime, or is he on the decline? The fact that the Vikes have the WORST rushing D (and how they do against GB's decimated running game should convince no one otherwise) tells me he's on the decline.

It's an appropriate issue since Monday is Pat's 33rd birthday.
decline or not, he still got a game ball from Tice yesterday

elltrain22
10-24-2005, 05:19 AM
Our D-line is sorry, and our O-line is sorry. When both of those are apparent your only going to be as good or bad as your opponent will allow you to be.

Lexwhat
10-24-2005, 05:34 AM

Easy to say when he's gone and watching the current state of our team.

Lexwhat
10-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Again with this damn hype. Letting Pat Williams go was the right decision. If you are gonna sit there and say we should've paid Pat, you are just tryin to sound smart. In reality though, you lame as hell.

TD's problem was not replacing Pat with someone more capable. Was Corey Simon that answer? Perhaps. The Colts paid some serious change for him. But I'm sure the state of our team would be different if we had landed Simon.

Not taking care of the DT position created a domino effect. Sam and the rest of the D-Line were obviously affected. This translated into our linebackers having to worry about offensive guards coming at them now. These offensive guards and center were, last year, being tied up by our 2 big bodies at the DT spot. Since the Linebackers are less effective, our safeties have to come up and help stop the run. Since teams are making big gains against us on the ground, the opposing team can pass at will and take advantage of single coverage and convert 3rd downs.

I guess one player really can make a big difference. I didn't think it would be that much of a dropoff losing Pat. TD should've done something, but keeping Pat, IMO, was not the solution.

Lexwhat
10-24-2005, 05:46 AM
i was a huge pat williams fan, but what we really should have done was sign Simon when he was available.

if we did that and started JP, we might only be a bit better overall, but we would have one 1 or 2 more games, which would have let us give the playoffs a shot.

now the only way we can make the playoffs is to beat NE in NE in prime time. after a damn bye week. that has got to be the hardest thing to do in football.

Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted. Not tryin to steal your ideas! I agree though.

colin
10-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted. Not tryin to steal your ideas! I agree though.

theiving bastard!!!!

i really think one or 2 new linemen (for rotation and starting, if edwards is OK he Adams and 2 others should be in there, anderson and those other scrubs just can't do it) and a young safety or 2 would be all we need on D.

it is amazing how much losing one key guy can hurt, and how much adding in one key guy on D can help.

O is a bit harder, they need to play together for a while.

if JP can turn into a decent QB, then all we need is a couple linemen and our O has potential to be good.

our coaches really need to show something tho

JayWood
10-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I agree with everybody in regards to the pathetic DL, however one thing that is clearly missing with this team is leadership. I dont see anyone stepping up, and that includes the coaching staff.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 08:22 AM
The problem is we have too many slow white guys on defense. We look like the DL from the '58 Notre Dame team.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 08:30 AM
The problem is we have too many slow white guys on defense. We look like the DL from the '58 Notre Dame team.

The problem is we have too many under achieving black guys on defense.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 10:10 AM
The problem is we have too many under achieving black guys on defense.

What black guys? Stamer, Schobel, Anderson, Denney, Bannan and Ezekiel. I think TD might me a racist!!

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 10:14 AM
I wished TD would've overpaid for Simon instead

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 10:19 AM
I wished TD would've overpaid for Simon instead

Totally agree!!

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 10:22 AM
What black guys? Stamer, Schobel, Anderson, Denney, Bannan and Ezekiel. I think TD might me a racist!!

Posey, Milloy, Adams, Fletcher, Vincent, King.

I dont expect much out of white athlete's. Unless they are playing QB or O-line, to slow to play anywhere else.

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
What black guys? Stamer, Schobel, Anderson, Denney, Bannan and Ezekiel. I think TD might be a racist!!

:lmao:

DaBills
10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
I suspect MM thought that while losing Pat would make things more difficult in the run-stopping department this year, he could still live with it since he had Spikes and Fletcher to use their speed in run support along with Sam. And I think Spikes' injury has caught him and Gray so off-guard, they're still reeeling and don't know how to compensate for the loss.

Cowart was never the same after his achille's injury and unless TKO knows something we don't, is it even conceivable he'll be back next year?

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 10:40 AM
we need a stud DE and DT. I'm tired of these DE's with good motors that runs on diesel.

ParanoidAndroid
10-24-2005, 11:15 AM
we need a stud DE and DT. I'm tired of these DE's with good motors that runs on diesel.

Nice analogy! :rofl:

The best defense is good offense. We ran WM one time in the first series then threw the rest. MM and Clements just don't get it. We have a great RB in WM and for whatever reason, will not let him be the focal point. All KH has to do is hand the ball off and not be Drew, but they can't even let him do that. If we establish the run, it will sustain drives and keep opponents from getting their O out there.

This ****ty playcalling goes striclty on MM and TC. TD should help them pack, then pack his bags too.

You are very incorrect:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-BUF18</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(14:56) W.McGahee right tackle to BUF 20 for 2 yards (T.Washington, K.Morrison).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-8-BUF20</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(14:14) K.Holcomb pass to J.Smith pushed ob at BUF 32 for 12 yards (K.Morrison).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-BUF32</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(13:42) (Shotgun) K.Holcomb pass to J.Reed to BUF 36 for 4 yards (D.Gibson).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-6-BUF36</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(13:01) L.Evans left end to BUF 43 for 7 yards (C.Woodson).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-BUF43</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(12:18) K.Holcomb pass incomplete.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-10-BUF43</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(12:11) K.Holcomb pass incomplete to J.Reed.
PENALTY on OAK-R.Hill, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 43 - No Play.
</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-OAK42</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(12:07) W.McGahee up the middle to OAK 33 for 9 yards (C.Woodson).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-1-OAK33</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(11:29) K.Holcomb pass incomplete to E.Moulds (N.Asomugha).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-1-OAK33</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(11:03) W.McGahee to OAK 30 for 3 yards (D.Burgess, D.Clark).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-OAK30</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(10:40) W.McGahee right end to OAK 29 for 1 yard (T.Washington, K.Morrison).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-9-OAK29</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(9:54) K.Holcomb pass to J.Reed to OAK 16 for 13 yards (D.Gibson).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-10-OAK16</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(9:05) S.Williams up the middle to OAK 9 for 7 yards (D.Clark).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-3-OAK9</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(8:28) PENALTY on BUF-B.Anderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 9 - No Play.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-8-OAK14</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(8:05) K.Holcomb pass to E.Moulds to OAK 5 for 9 yards (S.Schweigert).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>1-5-OAK5</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(7:23) W.McGahee right guard to OAK 5 for no gain (W.Sapp).</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>2-5-OAK5</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(6:42) K.Holcomb pass to L.Evans for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->This was a clock eating drive that included 6 McGahee touches.
If you watched the rest of the game, you saw that Oakland wasn't allowing much running room on 1st and 2nd down and with the game well within reach, Holcomb dinked and dunked his way down to the Reed TD. Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you and if anything, it took Mularkey too long to realize they could exploit their DB's with 4 wideout sets. I wanted this at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The 2 opening drives of the second half were killed by an illegal hands to the face and a fumbled snap, repectively. Other than the fumble, Holcomb was playing an efficient game, but the Raiders took control of the ball.
No. This game was pretty much all on the defense and a very good performance by the Oakland O-line. That last drive to end the first half.... As time was winding down we couldn't keep them out of the endzone and couldn't even force a third down play!!!. The two 4th quarter drives? Downright embarrassing! Case in point:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-14-OAK27</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(5:51) L.Jordan right guard to OAK 44 for 17 yards (C.Wire).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
That was on the final drive. The drive before that, again, they never even attempted a single 3rd down!!!
There isn't a coach in the league THAT terrible. This one is on the players more than on Mularkey and Gray and ESPECIALLY Clements.

jonah7777
10-24-2005, 11:26 AM
getting beat by the raiders says everything you need to know about the bills.

they are simply a bad football team. They have noone to blame but themselves for thinking they were any different

what does moulds say now? or is is we want to win now implouded on himsel******* no matter he will not be a bill after this season.

DaBills
10-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Nice analogy! :rofl:

You are very incorrect:
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-BUF18</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(14:56) W.McGahee right tackle to BUF 20 for 2 yards (T.Washington, K.Morrison).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-8-BUF20</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(14:14) K.Holcomb pass to J.Smith pushed ob at BUF 32 for 12 yards (K.Morrison).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-BUF32</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(13:42) (Shotgun) K.Holcomb pass to J.Reed to BUF 36 for 4 yards (D.Gibson).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-6-BUF36</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(13:01) L.Evans left end to BUF 43 for 7 yards (C.Woodson).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-BUF43</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(12:18) K.Holcomb pass incomplete.</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-10-BUF43</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(12:11) K.Holcomb pass incomplete to J.Reed.
PENALTY on OAK-R.Hill, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 43 - No Play.
</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-OAK42</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(12:07) W.McGahee up the middle to OAK 33 for 9 yards (C.Woodson).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-1-OAK33</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(11:29) K.Holcomb pass incomplete to E.Moulds (N.Asomugha).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">3-1-OAK33</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(11:03) W.McGahee to OAK 30 for 3 yards (D.Burgess, D.Clark).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-OAK30</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(10:40) W.McGahee right end to OAK 29 for 1 yard (T.Washington, K.Morrison).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-9-OAK29</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(9:54) K.Holcomb pass to J.Reed to OAK 16 for 13 yards (D.Gibson).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-10-OAK16</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(9:05) S.Williams up the middle to OAK 9 for 7 yards (D.Clark).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-3-OAK9</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(8:28) PENALTY on BUF-B.Anderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 9 - No Play.</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-8-OAK14</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(8:05) K.Holcomb pass to E.Moulds to OAK 5 for 9 yards (S.Schweigert).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">1-5-OAK5</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(7:23) W.McGahee right guard to OAK 5 for no gain (W.Sapp).</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">2-5-OAK5</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(6:42) K.Holcomb pass to L.Evans for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->This was a clock eating drive that included 6 McGahee touches.
If you watched the rest of the game, you saw that Oakland wasn't allowing much running room on 1st and 2nd down and with the game well within reach, Holcomb dinked and dunked his way down to the Reed TD. Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you and if anything, it took Mularkey too long to realize they could exploit their DB's with 4 wideout sets. I wanted this at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The 2 opening drives of the second half were killed by an illegal hands to the face and a fumbled snap, repectively. Other than the fumble, Holcomb was playing an efficient game, but the Raiders took control of the ball.
No. This game was pretty much all on the defense and a very good performance by the Oakland O-line. That last drive to end the first half.... As time was winding down we couldn't keep them out of the endzone and couldn't even force a third down play!!!. The two 4th quarter drives? Downright embarrassing! Case in point:
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td class="bg3" align="left">3-14-OAK27</td><td class="bg3" align="left">(5:51) L.Jordan right guard to OAK 44 for 17 yards (C.Wire).</td></tr></tbody></table>
That was on the final drive. The drive before that, again, they never even attempted a single 3rd down!!!
There isn't a coach in the league THAT terrible. This one is on the players more than on Mularkey and Gray and ESPECIALLY Clements.

I had looked quickly at the play-by-play stats from yesterday and thought I saw we punted early in that drive, so I stand corrected. Very incorrect on the running issue though? Not really. The p-b-p t still highlights my point. WM touched the ball the first time and then how long was it before he touched it again? Nearly three minutes and 5 plays later? This happens way too much in this O.

How can a RB develop any consistancy that way? He needs the ball on succeeding downs, not with 4-5 downs between carries. WM is a talented back and we have shown we can run-block far better than we pass-protect. So why aren't we committing to it?

Otherwise, we got rid of Henry who could've bruised his way through this swisscheese line in a limited role if all we'll do is dink and dunk. It also says we took a RB in the first round yet won't make him the focal point of the O. And if that's the case, it would seem to show TD doesn't know what to do with a first-round pick during his tenure here.

I think there's been one game so far where WM had the majority of his carries before the first half. What's wrong with this team saying we're going to be a running team until they stop us. You have shaud who could spell WM. Yet, we seem intent on getting moulds his touches so he doesn't have his feelings hurt. Why?