PDA

View Full Version : The Glass is half full

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Lets be realistic the Bills where gonna go 1-1 in these 2 road games. They Lost today so if they win next week and I know the way they looked today its a big IF they are still 4-4 and in first place in the division.

What does that mean for the 2nd half of the season they need to win their home games. Denver, KC and Carolina are not good road teams, so the Bills need to go 4-0 at home the 2nd half of the season.

Considering they should win at NY and at Miami, that means even if they lose at Cinci and at SD they will be 10-6 and probably win the division. But they will probably win at either SD or Cinci which means they could finish 11-5.

Today they sucked especially on defense. Next week is the determining game of the season. If they can pull it out then I say they can and probably will be headed to the playoffs. If they lose then prepare for a season out of theplayoffs.

So rather than pissing yourselves off and rehashing a bad game why not focus your energy in a positive manner and hope for the best and root for the Bills next week.

Afterall football is just entertainment there are alot more important things in life.

So I say GO BILLS Kick the PATS ASS!!!!

Novacane
10-23-2005, 07:39 PM
you must have been drinking heavily during the game today ;)

PromoTheRobot
10-23-2005, 07:40 PM
A 1-4 team just put 38 points on us. Explain how we are going to kick new England's ass?

PTR

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I agree with Fairway's assessment- you're out of your damn mind. If we were going to go 1-1 on this road trip, this was the one to win.

NE. In their house. At night. On National TV. With them coming off a loss. And having two weeks to prepare. GUARANTEED LOSS.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
if you ask me, the glass fell off the table, shattered, and cut our foot.

Kerr
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Afterall football is just entertainment there are alot more important things in life.

I concur.

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Any given Sunday and I didnt drink at all I aman optimist thats why I cna still have a happy productive life after a Bills loss, teams lose badly every year in the NFL especially on the road why not just hope that this was an ugly road loss rather than kill yourself over something that you can not change and have 0 affect on changing in the future

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Op you need to take up Yoga or meditation to calm yourself

Kerr
Yeah, Tom Brady is likely to tear our defense apart.

Kerr
Yeah, Tom Brady is likely to tear our defense apart.

HHURRICANE
10-23-2005, 07:45 PM
L.A. are you out of your f..ing mind. We got our butts handed to us by a pretty bad team. We are done like a Turkey dinner. The glass is empty. The only bright spot is if we find out if Losman is the future of this organization. That's it.:lmao:

Kerr
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM

What kind of yoga do you practice?

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
hey all you can go cry in your hands and ***** till you are blue in your face I always hope they win but football is just like watching a movie sometimes ya get lucky and seea great game and your team wins other times you waste your money and watch a turkey.

Either way you just wasted a couple of hours of your life and it was just entertainment.

I would rather think positive and believe the coaches and players can do their jobs and turn things around. Id I felt like you guys I wouldnt even bother watching another game this year.

And if you guys want to live a longer life I would suggest you just stop watching Bills football this year if you think it is hopeless or frustrates you this much. Maybe a nice relaxing sewing class would do you guys much better and just think you could makeall your christmas presents yourselfs saving you alot of money

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
What kind of yoga do you practice?

I dont I am just an optimist and dont take football too seriously

jonah7777
10-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Lets be realistic the Bills where gonna go 1-1 in these 2 road games. They Lost today so if they win next week and I know the way they looked today its a big IF they are still 4-4 and in first place in the division.

What does that mean for the 2nd half of the season they need to win their home games. Denver, KC and Carolina are not good road teams, so the Bills need to go 4-0 at home the 2nd half of the season.

Considering they should win at NY and at Miami, that means even if they lose at Cinci and at SD they will be 10-6 and probably win the division. But they will probably win at either SD or Cinci which means they could finish 11-5.

Today they sucked especially on defense. Next week is the determining game of the season. If they can pull it out then I say they can and probably will be headed to the playoffs. If they lose then prepare for a season out of theplayoffs.

So rather than pissing yourselves off and rehashing a bad game why not focus your energy in a positive manner and hope for the best and root for the Bills next week.

lol stop taking drugs. the bills a 3 and 13 team and NE will wipe the floor with them both at home and at buffalo

X-Era

Im all for it.

BUT, lets not put on the rose colored glasses. We beat 3 of the worst teams in the league. We lose to ever decent team. The Saints is really the only "should have won" game.

I will ALWAYS be hopeful, but dont scrifice most of next year too because you have some miniscule belief that we can go to the playoffs.

THIS WAS A 1 AND 4 TEAM!!!

I cant logically argue to start Losman this week against our toughest foe and arguably the toughest game of the year. But I FIRMLY believe we cant go ANYWHERE with Holcomb either so why not!

Holcomb will start next week and probably should, but if it goes the way we fear it will, The basically NOT gonna happen this year. Lets just build for our run next year and FINALLY make the right moves to take the next step!

Novacane
Any given Sunday and I didnt drink at all I aman optimist thats why I cna still have a happy productive life after a Bills loss

same here. Does not mean I can't ***** about it for a couple hrs tonight and then go on with real life.

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:52 PM
lol stop taking drugs. the bills a 3 and 13 team and NE will wipe the floor with them both at home and at buffalo

if ya feel that way then just stop watching and stop posting here I am sure you can find alot of productive things to do each sunday for the next 10 weeks have fun

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:53 PM
same here. Does not mean I can't ***** about it for a couple hrs tonight and then go on with real life.

hey I have no problem with that but alot of people will go on all week like this and you know that it just is bad for their health

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:54 PM

You'd never guess it but I actually have pretty low blood pressure, because I piss and rant and get all this stuff out of my system. Then I feel a lot better.

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 07:56 PM
good for you Op I am glad this is your outlet I am just trying to adda positive reflection on the result and what could happen, Iam not saying it will because I am not psychic but you never know what can happen

Novacane
10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
hey I have no problem with that but alot of people will go on all week like this and you know that it just is bad for their health

I feel sorry for people whose week depends on how the Bills do that Sunday. I know a guy like that. Don't even talk to him to at least Wed if the BIlls lose :snicker:
I'm not so sure people here are like that though. Some of us just rant more louder than others. That does not mean thier life is all wrapped up in a stupid game.

Kerr
10-23-2005, 08:00 PM
You'd never guess it but I actually have pretty low blood pressure, because I piss and rant and get all this stuff out of my system. Then I feel a lot better.

Proceed.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 08:01 PM
I would rather think positive and believe the coaches and players can do their jobs and turn things around. Id I felt like you guys I wouldnt even bother watching another game this year.

win, lose or draw we only get 16 a year. Gotta make the most of them. It's like a horrible accident scene- you know you're not gonna like what you see, but you can't help but look.

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey Fairway I m being a little sarcastic but also just trying to bring some positive vibes on an otherwise negative day. I watched the same pathetic defensive performance everyone else did. The offense was OK but should have run more IMO. But the game is over cant do anything about it now. Good teams win their home games and go .500 on the road.

If this is really a goodteam and I know thats a big IF. Going 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road means Playoffs. Many here would say it a given we win at Miami and NY. So that means the Bills have to win at either NE, Cinci or SD. Not saying they will but anything is possible still

AndreReed83
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Does EVERYONE need to say "Stop taking drugs" or "What are you drinking"? I'm with you, we could beat the Pats. In fact, I'm with you, I think we'll win. And if we don't, I doesn't matter, it's just a sport and a team that I have no control over. So, go ahead and bring this thread back up if the Bills do lose, but it will be in vain.

L.A. Playa
10-23-2005, 08:11 PM
hey if I told you we would go 1-1 in this 2 road games would you rather get crushed by NE on a Sunday night and beat what many consider a bad Raider team or Beat a NE team on a Sunday Night in front of national audience and get beat by an Underachieving Raider team.

If we beat the Pats next week to make a statement and take the division lead that would very nice.

These are not the same Pats of teh last few years and even though Holcomb isnt the messiah, he isnt the Pats ***** like Drew was. The Pats are beatable, the Bills need to come out like this is the playoffs this week

TacklingDummy
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
THIS WAS A 1 AND 4 TEAM!!!

A very good 1 and 4 team.

Novacane
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Does EVERYONE need to say "Stop taking drugs" or "What are you drinking"?.

It's just a joke bud :up:

Novacane
10-23-2005, 08:18 PM
A very good 1 and 4 team.

They've had a tough schedule but they are not a good team.

BSXIII
10-23-2005, 08:21 PM
To address the topic of getting all worked up on wins and losses, and stressing out over how the team does, I used to be like that. It all changed about a year ago though. I'm also a huge Red Sox fan. As a kid, I learned all about that teams history, and how my grandparents followed the team their whole lives without ever seeing them win it all.

It was pretty much hyped up that them winning the World Series would be the greatest moment of my life. So many people in this area just wanted to see them do it once.

Long story short, they won it all, I partied my ass off that night, and had to go into work the next day with the worst hangover ever. That day, I realized that the success of the teams I root for has absolutely no bearing on my life at all.

Although, watching sports has been less stressful ever since.

Lexwhat
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Glass Half Full:

- Willis McGahee (Say what you want, if our staff utilized him properly, he would be a much better player). This guy needs the football more often, simple as that.

- We have yet to have any contributions from our 2005 draft class (except Preston). If Roscoe and Everett are as good as advertised, our offense will be young and have plenty of speed and playmaking ability. Something we are lacking right now.

- Mike Gandy is playing well. And perhaps a young Jason Peters could be ready by next year for our line.

- Terrence McGee. The man is still making great Kick Returns, although he did have a pretty bad game at CB. Overall this season, he has played well.

- A POSSIBLE star in JP Losman. No one knows yet. If this season runs out and JP starts playing like his potential toward the end of the season, we will have a good offense going into next year.

Half Empty:

- Old safeties. Slow LBs. A terrible D-Line. Where was our Defensive Ends today? Sam Adams is trying hard, but he can't do it himself.

- Mediocore WRs and weak TEs. Perhaps the return of Roscoe and Kevin can help this unit. We'll have to wait and see.

- Trey Teague can't get any push. Neither can Chris Villarial. Mike Williams doesn't look like what I hoped he would be. Bennie Anderson is okay, except for the penalties.

- Coaching. As I said before, Mularkey can't get us ready for any big games, or difficult road games. We will be embarassed by the Patriots next weekend. Some people said Mularkey's record against the Dolphins is 3-0. Well how about this one after next weekend.

0-3. Our record against the Patriots.

We are not as bad as teams like the 49ers, Browns, Texans, etc. We are just average, nothing more and nothing less. We can build a new team around our young stars, and get rid of the old. There is hope for the future I guess, but not for this season.

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:52 PM
if you ask me, the glass fell off the table, shattered, and cut our foot.
:lmao:

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:53 PM
I agree with Fairway's assessment- you're out of your damn mind. If we were going to go 1-1 on this road trip, this was the one to win.

NE. In their house. At night. On National TV. With them coming off a loss. And having two weeks to prepare. GUARANTEED LOSS.
Don't forget about all the emotions with Tedy Bruschi coming back. :scared:

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:56 PM
hey all you can go cry in your hands and ***** till you are blue in your face I always hope they win but football is just like watching a movie sometimes ya get lucky and seea great game and your team wins other times you waste your money and watch a turkey.

Either way you just wasted a couple of hours of your life and it was just entertainment.

And if you guys want to live a longer life I would suggest you just stop watching Bills football this year if you think it is hopeless or frustrates you this much. Maybe a nice relaxing sewing class would do you guys much better and just think you could makeall your christmas presents yourselfs saving you alot of money
okay, now i'm definitely believing that you are smoking something. Whatever it is, give me some. :smoke:

Michael82
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm with you. I have low blood pressure too, because the messageboard helps me get it out of my system without exploding in real life.

BAM
10-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Any given Sunday and I didnt drink at all I aman optimist thats why I cna still have a happy productive life after a Bills loss, teams lose badly every year in the NFL especially on the road why not just hope that this was an ugly road loss rather than kill yourself over something that you can not change and have 0 affect on changing in the future

There ya go, man! :clap:

Some of you let this stuff get to you too much. The rest of us have lives outside of internet chat boards. :D

DaBills
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah it's just a game, but for those watching the team for a long time, can't blame them for investing a little of themselves in the team and how it does.

As for the if we do this next week or do that, that's all well and good. But we're not doing those things we say each week. Is each week after a loss going to turn into, 'ok, I know we lost this week, but NEXT week, next week is gonna' be great.'

The simple fact is we haven't won on the road yet. Any team with playoff hopes has to do that. A split on the road imo is not good enough. Brew-ski returning next week at home for NE at home? Geez, they won't be pumped up TOO much.

Watch Brady and his three-step drops combined with our corners that play off the line 10 yards have a field day.