PDA

View Full Version : Steelerball.

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I love the way they play football. It's basically "We're going to run the ball. See if you can stop it" complimented with tough D. Sure they have Ward and Rothlistraussabergenheimer, but it's all about Bettis, Porter and Staley (when he's healthy). Mularkey's a Pittsburgh guy- why can't we make some personnel changes and run that kind of system? I'd love to add a tough FB and a 2nd RB that's bigger than Shaud so we could pull this off.

I like tough, physical football, and the Bills just aren't getting it done. I think they're close to having the personnel for it, but you'd never know with the joke playcalling.

JefftheBillsfan
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
16 carries to willis just isnt going to cut it with the rest of our offensive personel imo. i understand the score toward the end really limited the playbook in that area, but i dont think we worked enough to get it going early.

The_Philster
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM
16 carries to willis just isnt going to cut it with the rest of our offensive personel imo. i understand the score toward the end really limited the playbook in that area, but i dont think we worked enough to get it going early.
nope..we didn't...a lot like the gameplanning we had during those 3 losses earlier this season...

OpIv37
10-23-2005, 08:03 PM
seriously, I think we need to come out and run McGahee until they stop it. Throw a pass or two in there to keep the D honest, but our first two plays of every game should be McGahee up the gut.

JefftheBillsfan
10-23-2005, 10:07 PM
how do you not go willis on 4th and goal on the 1? honestly.

billsburgh
10-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Mularkey's a Pittsburgh guy- why can't we make some personnel changes and run that kind of system?
thats why steeler fans were so glad to see Mularkey leave. he was getting away from steeler football. too many gadget trick plays and trying to be cute on offense

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2005, 09:53 AM
I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I love the way they play football. It's basically "We're going to run the ball. See if you can stop it" complimented with tough D. Sure they have Ward and Rothlistraussabergenheimer, but it's all about Bettis, Porter and Staley (when he's healthy). Mularkey's a Pittsburgh guy- why can't we make some personnel changes and run that kind of system? I'd love to add a tough FB and a 2nd RB that's bigger than Shaud so we could pull this off.

I like tough, physical football, and the Bills just aren't getting it done. I think they're close to having the personnel for it, but you'd never know with the joke playcalling.

Yep. Big Ben was something like 9-14 for 94 yards, 2 TDS, and the Steelers DESTROYED the Bengals. The difference between the Bills and the Steelers: The Steelers D can actually stop teams.

BAM
10-24-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't mind the Stillers that much.

I'm starting to think I should've followed in my dad's footsteps and rooted for them...

:jk:

DaBills
10-24-2005, 02:14 PM
I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I love the way they play football. It's basically "We're going to run the ball. See if you can stop it" complimented with tough D...but you'd never know with the joke playcalling.

Agree 100%. Says it all imo. Check please. Thanks for coming MM. Hope you had a good time.

And, I'd take it further and copy some of that Blitzburgh attitude on D. We may be hurting in the talent department right now, so why not try a few series where we just send everyone. Or better yet, I've yet to see us play a full game where we committ to the run 100% and go all out on D by pressuring QB's with all-out UN-DISGUISED blitzes.

Until then, we'll never know.

Thanks MM and JG.

Crisis
10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
That's because they're offensive line isn't...crap.

Billsouth
10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
our offensive line is NOT even close to being as good as pittsburgh's.

face it guys... WE SUCK!!

Throne Logic
10-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Pittsburgh's O-Line is much, much better than Buffalo's.

Pittsburgh's Defense is just plain better than Buffalo's.

Pittsburgh's coaches utilize strategy and solid play calling, whereas Buffalo's coaches apparently pull plays out of a 10-gallon hat.

DaBills
10-24-2005, 02:40 PM
whereas Buffalo's coaches apparently pull plays out of a 10-gallon hat.

I thought we got rid of Wade's old stuff.

;-p

DaBills
10-24-2005, 02:43 PM
our offensive line is NOT even close to being as good as pittsburgh's.

I don't know about that so much... earlier in the year, there were a few games where the O-line was run-blocking very well in the same time games they were sucking ass in pass protection. Which begs the question of why didn't we stick with the run then?

helmetguy
10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I thought we got rid of Wade's old stuff.

;-p
Given the choice, I'd take Wade over JG at this point.

Typ0
10-24-2005, 02:58 PM

and instead give it to a guy who hasn't touch the ball in five years...I have the answer...you're a moron!

Throne Logic
10-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Better question: Why do you go for it at all? A field goal would have tied it at 10. It wasn't the end of the game. Cripes, it was still the first half!

Even if Buffalo came up with a touchdown, I'd still be saying that this was a stupid move, just as I was screaming it at the TV when they lined up. Stupid coaching decision.