PDA

View Full Version : The main issue is

Turf
10-23-2005, 09:11 PM
They rush 4-5 on us, our QB's on his back.

We rush 8, and the QB doesn't get touched.

Really doesn't get any simpler than that.

The other issues are all over this board. Especially Grey calling the same blitzes over and over and getting burned, and the soft cushion the corners play.

Defense consistently giving up third and longs all season.

And oh yeah, the talent on the offensive line.

And every other thing said on this board...

DaBills
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
They rush 4-5 on us, our QB's on his back.
We rush 8, and the QB doesn't get touched.
Really doesn't get any simpler than that.
The other issues are all over this board. Especially Grey calling the same blitzes over and over and getting burned, and the soft cushion the corners play.
Defense consistently giving up third and longs all season.
And oh yeah, the talent on the offensive line.
And every other thing said on this board...

I agree with a lot of it. Playcalling sucks and that's #1 for me. I keep wondering what we have to do on D even with numbers in the box, and I think it goes down to discipline and staying in lanes. They get pushed wide, leaving gaps and by the time someone touchs the RB, he's in the secondary.

I was at the Eagles game today (don't hate, my kids' a McNabb fan and I couldn't turn down 5th row endzone seat ya know?) But except for Trotter and a basically ineffective Freak, they have a bunch of no-names on D up front. But they held LT to literally 5 yards on a ton of carries. Tackled in the backfield or at the line constantly. While they flooded the box, they held their lanes and didn't get burned overpursuing. They also got to Brees a lot and limited him to mostly dump-off passes.

And SD had that game WON when Philly pulled a miracle FG block outta their ass for a TD. Diehards in front of me left before then saying it was all over. I said 'Bills/Oilers. Don't go anywhere. You never know.' Sure enough, two plays later.