PDA

View Full Version : McGahee can't back up boast

The_Philster
10-24-2005, 05:08 AM
For two weeks, the Buffalo Bills rode their horse to victory, giving the ball to Willis McGahee 60 times in wins over Miami and the New York Jets.

Too bad his mouth ran better than his legs against the Oakland Raiders.
McGahee was held to 50 yards on 16 carries on Sunday, his lowest production since a Week 2 loss at Tampa Bay. Not surprisingly, Buffalo remained winless on the road this season after a miserable 38-17 performance at McAfee Coliseum. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051024/SPORTS0103/510240337/1007/SPORTS)

elltrain22
10-24-2005, 05:13 AM
All he did was infuriate those guys, its no wonder there dee played w/ alot more emotion than us. Willis is way too cocky, its hard to like guys that are so cocky.

helmetguy
10-24-2005, 05:20 AM
It's time for Mularkey to put the hammer down. Knock off the endzone dances and "I'm the best" chest thumping in the press. It's put up or shut up. Better yet, put up AND shut up!

Lexwhat
10-24-2005, 05:31 AM
It's time for Mularkey to put the hammer down. Knock off the endzone dances and "I'm the best" chest thumping in the press. It's put up or shut up. Better yet, put up AND shut up!

How about it's time for Mularkey to put up and shut up. That joke either can't devise a good game plan or can't make adjustments that NFL coaches need to make.

McGahee, on the other hand, is our offense. Without him, this team is nothing. Period. He talks a good one, but hes our most consistent offensive player. Don't hate the playa, homie.

If Mularkey wants to discipline, then go to players who rarely performing. There's plenty of them on this team.

jamze132
10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
How about it's time for Mularkey to put up and shut up. That joke either can't devise a good game plan or can't make adjustments that NFL coaches need to make.

McGahee, on the other hand, is our offense. Without him, this team is nothing. Period. He talks a good one, but hes our most consistent offensive player. Don't hate the playa, homie.

If Mularkey wants to discipline, then go to players who rarely performing. There's plenty of them on this team.
Well than I guess after yesterday, Nate Clements would get the axe.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Good. I hope media get's on his case. Blast the crap out of him and make him look so bad that he comes out running for 200 yards against the pats ( yeah right )

fabolouspaul
10-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Good. I hope media get's on his case. Blast the crap out of him and make him look so bad that he comes out running for 200 yards against the pats ( yeah right )

:lmao: One can only wish...

don137
10-24-2005, 10:14 AM

I agree...You would never hear that kind of crap from a Patriots player...WM needs to worry a little less about about his individual stats and a little more about the team's win-loss record.

generalmills
10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree with what Warren Sapp said about this issue. He said something along the lines of "what did you expect him to say?" If someone comes up to you and asks who is the best at your position, you have to reply that you are. If you have any sort of confidence in your own ability then you should honestly believe that you have what it takes to be the best. I have no problem with what Willis said in this case. We all know that he is not the best in the league but that type of swagger is what makes backs and recievers the "best".
Perhaps Willis may have had a better day if the bills coaching staff was not totally afraid to run the ball up the middle against Sapp and Washington. Willis is a North-South runner not someone that can break it to the outside all the time with counters and sweeps. If that was the game plan then S. Williams should have gotten all the carries.