PDA

View Full Version : Moulds and veterans need to shut up!!

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Time to do what the Giants did and groom our future.

Last year Eli looked so much worse than JP has looked. Coughlin had a winning record and actually was still very much alive in the playoff hunt and had the balls to sacrifice his season to get the future rolling. I personally thought he was nuts. Well, now look what they have. A stud!! I watched him under tremendous pressure deliver two awesome passes in a row to win that game last night.

We are not a playoff team. Holcomb, in my estimation, has not played poorly but who cares. JP is fast and can generate some offense off the scramble. He has a cannon for an arm and can at least attempt the deep ball. Maybe Moulds should shut his pie hole and help develop the kid. With Parrish back, maybe this kid can develop some confidence. I am sure he knows that Moulds hates him. Plus Mark Cambell is so fricken slow that JP would be better off scrambling than completing a 1/2 yard pass to Herman Munster.

If I sound angry, it's because I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
10 of 23, 75 yards 0 TD's 1 Int.
12 of 28, 113 yards 0 TD's 0 Int.
7 of 15, 75 yards 0 TD's 1 Int.

The Bills problem right now is not the QB. It's stopping the run.

But I would like to see Holcomb take some shots down the field.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 08:30 AM

Respectfully, read my post. I did not say Holcomb was the problem. I said we suck and should start working on developing JP like the Giants did with Eli.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I don;t see a problem with putting JP back in when the Bills are no longer in it. As long as they have a shot KH needs to play.

There will be plenty of time for the JP lovers to get their fill of JP after week 10.

What pisses me off, almost everytime they showed Holcomb on the sidelines talking with MM about the next play JP was no where to be seen. Matthews was right there in the conversation but JP wasn't.

How's this kid gonna learn if he doesn't pay attention to what's going on?

McGahee420
10-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Damn, I can't stand all this crap going on. I am so glad that we signed schobel to a long term deal. Since the deal, how many sacks and pressures do we have, maybe 8 in 2 years. Could of used that money for big Pat Williams instead. Denney and Kelsay are just as good, because they do just as much, which is NOTHING! TD is an ass and needs to be fired by the end of the year regardless of the Bills record. I love that we go agaisnt a crappy ass run defense, but decide to come out after the TD and throw every down, nice freaking call. I know Willis was struggling, but give him the rock 25 times a game. Now lets talk about the oline, or should I say a bunch of freaking Puss#es. Mike Williams blows and his hurt every damn game. Waste of a 4th pick in the draft. Bennie Anderson can't seem to play fair, always holding and getting illegal hands to the face. MULARKEY needs to do something fast with these penalties, or i am going to find him and kick him in the NUTS! Phew!!! I needed that, sorry if anyone gets mad, but needed to vent. BY the way, OUR DEFENSE IS SO OVERRATED, STOP F'IN BLITZING!!!!

Bulldog
10-24-2005, 08:53 AM
I don;t see a problem with putting JP back in when the Bills are no longer in it. As long as they have a shot KH needs to play.
There will be plenty of time for the JP lovers to get their fill of JP after week 10.
What pisses me off, almost everytime they showed Holcomb on the sidelines talking with MM about the next play JP was no where to be seen. Matthews was right there in the conversation but JP wasn't.
How's this kid gonna learn if he doesn't pay attention to what's going on?

Buffalo isn't going to the playoffs with a lame ass defense that can't get off the field on third down or stop the run. Start Losman and hope like hell we start to see some real progress between now and the end of the year.

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 08:53 AM
What pisses me off, almost everytime they showed Holcomb on the sidelines talking with MM about the next play JP was no where to be seen. Matthews was right there in the conversation but JP wasn't. How's this kid gonna learn if he doesn't pay attention to what's going on?

I noticed that too and was asking myself the same question about Losman yesterday. Regarding the QB situation though, it is quite clear that we have WAY bigger problems than the QB, so I say quit trying to delay the inevitable, we ARE already out of it, and let the kid play. I am surprised most of all with this coaching staff. I mean what kind of moronic coaching staff would even think that Losman could replicate what Roethlisberger did last year, and worse, that we are remotely close to being as good as the Steelers to pull something off like that in the first place. I'll admit that I did, but I am a FAN for crissakes. For a coach to make the same mistake is just pathetic. they should have started Holcomb in the first place, then EVERYONE would have found out much sooner just how terrible we really are, and we could have moved on from there.

Bulldog
10-24-2005, 09:03 AM
I mean what kind of moronic coaching staff would even think that Losman could replicate what Roethlisberger did last year, and worse, that we are remotely close to being as good as the Steelers to pull something off like that in the first place.

The same one that gives the ball to Shelton on 4th and goal at the one in a 10-7 ball game. Why in the hell this coaching staff thinks it's so much smarter than anyone else is beyond me. The sooner these jokers realize that we don't need to get cute in the redzone, the better off we'll be. I'm just so tired of seeing these idiots blow opportunities in the red zone because they have to prove how much smarter they are than everyone else. And let's maybe try to throw a god damn pass farther than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Heaven for bid we actually take a shot down field and possibly complete the pass or maybe even get a passer interference call.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Buffalo isn't going to the playoffs with a lame ass defense that can't get off the field on third down or stop the run. Start Losman and hope like hell we start to see some real progress between now and the end of the year.

I'd like to see Losman start but I can't see it happening until the Bills are out of it.

Then all his lovers can see what a lame ass QB he is and then the Bills can go out and get themselves a QB in the off-season.

I agree this coaching staff is terrible. So is the GM.

What were they thinking punting in the 4th Qtr, when down by 2 touchdowns? It's not like the defense was actually stopping Oakland's offense. That reminded me of G. Williams punting on 4th and 2 a few years ago.

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 09:14 AM
The same one that gives the ball to Shelton on 4th and goal at the one in a 10-7 ball game. Why in the hell this coaching staff thinks it's so much smarter than anyone else is beyond me. The sooner these jokers realize that we don't need to get cute in the redzone, the better off we'll be. I'm just so tired of seeing these idiots blow opportunities in the red zone because they have to prove how much smarter they are than everyone else. And let's maybe try to throw a god damn pass farther than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. Heaven for bid we actually take a shot down field and possibly complete the pass or maybe even get a passer interference call.

The fact that they even felt the need to go for it at that point speaks for itself. There was no need for that. What is wrong with tying the game at that point? Or how about the challenge on the Evans catch? Now Evans DID catch that ball but ANYONE could see that there was not enough evidence to overturn the call. Stupid calls by a stupid coaching staff.

Drive 4 Five
10-24-2005, 09:15 AM
I'd like to see Losman start but I can't see it happening until the Bills are out of it.
Then all his lovers can see what a lame ass QB he is and then the Bills can go out and get themselves a QB in the off-season.I agree this coaching staff is terrible. So is the GM.
What were they thinking punting in the 4th Qtr, when down by 2 touchdowns? It's not like the defense was actually stopping Oakland's offense. That reminded me of G. Williams punting on 4th and 2 a few years ago.

Dude who the hell are you? The Philisophical Troll? Just fess up bro.

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:23 AM
No they don't. Since we have a yes man coach , our Vets have to step up and be vocal. TD is the one that needs to shut up.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:27 AM
You know what I am sick of. Stupid people who post. Losman has had 4 starts. PERIOD. How can you tell anything from that? I watched him, in person, at the home opener, and he looked pretty decent. Actually threw balls downfield, which Hocomb has yet to do. I watched Eli last year and he plain sucked. PERIOD. Now he looks awesome. That's called getting reps, making mistakes, and building confidence. What do people expect from this kid? Drew Brees sucked alot longer, to the point where they drafted another QB in the top of the first round. He has now played great for 2 seasons. WTF!!!

justasportsfan
10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
You know what I am sick of. Stupid people who post. Losman had had 4 starts. PERIOD. How can you tell anything from that? I watched him, in person, at the home opener, and he looked pretty decent. Actually threw balls downfield, which Hocomb has yet to do. I watched Eli last year and he plain sucked. PERIOD. Now he looks awesome. That's called getting reps, making mistakes, and building confidence. What do people expect from this kid? Drew Brees sucked alot longer, to the point where they drafted another QB in the top of the first round. He has now played great for 2 seasons. WTF!!!Every qb is different. Not all qb's can easily get it especially since Jp didn't play in the big divisions in college.

I saw him in person too. While he pulled a KH in the first game, he's played like a lost rookie since then.

G. Host
10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Plus Mark Cambell is so fricken slow that JP would be better off scrambling than completing a 1/2 yard pass to Herman Munster.

Don't let facts stop you from ranting:
Campbell had 339 yards two years ago and 203 yards last year with 5 TDs. He has made plays of 31 yards in 2003 and 27 yards in 2004 and 2005. I guess scrambling is better than those plays than those plays if you speak with a Spanish accent, have a lot of hot and moist air and come from Miami.

Continue ranting.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM

here here

shots down the field

were way to conservative

o yeah the coach won't hesitate to kill some time outs throwing the red flag hoping he is right

what happened to us yesterday

what happened to the successful run game?

RUN THE &^&*^&*^*&%&^% BALL DAMMIT

Mahdi
10-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Every qb is different. Not all qb's can easily get it especially since Jp didn't play in the big divisions in college.

I saw him in person too. While he pulled a KH in the first game, he's played like a lost rookie since then.
He IS essentially a lost rookie, just cause he stood on the sideline watching DB for a year, doesnt make him a vet. He needs reps and time with the real bullets flying in order to improve. No one is saying he is going to be the "reincarnation of Kenny Stabler" but we wont know until he has at least a full season of starts under his belt and maybe more.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
He IS essentially a lost rookie, just cause he stood on the sideline watching DB for a year, doesnt make him a vet. He needs reps and time with the real bullets flying in order to improve. No one is saying he is going to be the "reincarnation of Kenny Stabler" but we wont know until he has at least a full season of starts under his belt and maybe more.

Exactly!!

Tinboy
10-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Well for me the season is lost, I don't see the D# radical improving over the next games so let's put Losman in and let him learn.

Perhaps it's good to have a bad o-line that way, he will learn to get that ball away quickly!

justasportsfan
10-25-2005, 06:43 AM
He IS essentially a lost rookie, just cause he stood on the sideline watching DB for a year, doesnt make him a vet. He needs reps and time with the real bullets flying in order to improve. No one is saying he is going to be the "reincarnation of Kenny Stabler" but we wont know until he has at least a full season of starts under his belt and maybe more.Do you remember when Wade was our coach and how he gave up on the season even when we were mathematically in it? Yeah , he was blasted for it.

If by some wierd situation ,either the fins or jets end up making playoffs because we went w/ JP, bills fans are gonna whine about being last place finishers in the AFCE anyways.

Even if we don't make playoffs, I am not gonna regret going w/ KH. I'd rather know for sure than play shoulda,woulda,coulda. By going w/ the best players, we can see where our team is at. We know who to keep and who to let go in order to prepare for JP's future.

If JP was in there we'd still be arguing if the problem was the qb ,Ol ,wr's ,rb etc. Right now it looks like our wr's weren't the rpoblem when they weren't getting the ball when JP was the qb. We couldn't see if Jp was rolling out too much or taking off too soon when he kept running for his life or if the wr's weren't getting open.

mysticsoto
10-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Do you remember when Wade was our coach and how he gave up on the season even when we were mathematically in it? Yeah , he was blasted for it.

If by some wierd situation ,either the fins or jets end up making playoffs because we went w/ JP, bills fans are gonna whine about being last place finishers in the AFCE anyways.

Even if we don't make playoffs, I am not gonna regret going w/ KH. I'd rather know for sure than play shoulda,woulda,coulda. By going w/ the best players, we can see where our team is at. We know who to keep and who to let go in order to prepare for JP's future.

If JP was in there we'd still be arguing if the problem was the qb ,Ol ,wr's ,rb etc. Right now it looks like our wr's weren't the rpoblem when they weren't getting the ball when JP was the qb. We couldn't see if Jp was rolling out too much or taking off too soon when he kept running for his life or if the wr's weren't getting open.

The problem is, we can already see that we don't have a good enough defense (or offense for that matter) to really be a playoff team. So why not let JP get some experience. The more we delay, the longer it takes for him to develop. If Coughlin had waited for Eli to develop this year, would they be where they are now? They're doing great...

justasportsfan
10-25-2005, 08:02 AM
The problem is, we can already see that we don't have a good enough defense (or offense for that matter) to really be a playoff team. So why not let JP get some experience. The more we delay, the longer it takes for him to develop. If Coughlin had waited for Eli to develop this year, would they be where they are now? They're doing great... There's no way that JP is not learning from KH being in there. While we assume JP would've learned by being in there , you can also assume that he would've been killed in his process of learning.

KH has done a swell job at reading D's. Jp would've gone w/ the calls and gotten killed at one point by constantly taking off when he panics. Panicing is something he may have learned from Drew.

mysticsoto
10-25-2005, 08:15 AM
There's no way that JP is not learning from KH being in there. While we assume JP would've learned by being in there , you can also assume that he would've been killed in his process of learning.

KH has done a swell job at reading D's. Jp would've gone w/ the calls and gotten killed at one point by constantly taking off when he panics. Panicing is something he may have learned from Drew.

He will not get better by watching on the sidelines and next week, when we are 3-5 going into the bye, it should become apparent to everyone that we will not make the playoffs.

But, in truth, I would play KH this week against NE. I don't want JP to play against such a formidable team on his 1st return. That would be disconcerting to him. Once the NE game is over, you have 2 weeks to get JP ready for KC. And hopefully, the Oline has time to rest and recuperate a bit so that they can do some better blocking...and protect give their QB time to make plays.

justasportsfan
10-25-2005, 08:19 AM
He will not get better by watching on the sidelines and next week, when we are 3-5 going into the bye, it should become apparent to everyone that we will not make the playoffs.

But, in truth, I would play KH this week against NE. I don't want JP to play against such a formidable team on his 1st return. That would be disconcerting to him. Once the NE game is over, you have 2 weeks to get JP ready for KC. And hopefully, the Oline has time to rest and recuperate a bit so that they can do some better blocking...and protect give their QB time to make plays.I agree that JP starts if we lose to the pats. What happens if we win and are tied for 1st place and 3-0 in the division?

jmb1099
10-25-2005, 08:25 AM
I agree that JP starts if we lose to the pats. What happens if we win and are tied for 1st place and 3-0 in the division?
Its an interesting problem. There have been teams in the past that have made adjustments at this point in the season and have done fairly well. But the management at this point seems almost clueless about making adjustments in the second half of a game let alone an entire season. The New England Game will determine (imho) the rest of the season, so for at least this one more game lets see what Holcomb can do in the first half at least. If he is ineffective than put JP in there because at that point we will have nothing to lose anyway.

madness
10-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Coughlin coaches in a big market and can get away with that decision, especially if he makes the playoffs this year. KW was gone at the end of the year and he knew this. He gambled and it looks like it's paying off.

Like or not, we still are undefeated in our division. (At least for this week.)That being said, even getting a WC would do wonders for Buffalo. Until we are pretty much out the hunt you'd have to be nuts to go back to JP, unless of course KH's play drops below avg.

I'd have to say alot has to do with how well NE plays over the 3-4 weeks. We then can gauge our failures by their success to see if we even have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. If not, then throw JP back into the fire.

mysticsoto
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree that JP starts if we lose to the pats. What happens if we win and are tied for 1st place and 3-0 in the division?

Oh, c'mon...who really thinks we are going to be able to beat NE in front of the nation this coming week? The Pats may be more vulnerable than they used to be, but they are still the champs!

In fact, I'm so sure of it...if we win, I will sleep with Football Hottie...twice!

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
I understand why everyone is mad, even ME, but we are not out of this by any means. I love it when people already assume that we lost to NE and are going into the bye at 3-5. Even if we do lose and go to 3-5, we are still 2-1 in the division and still have a good chance to win the division. I think we should be able to sweep the dolphins and jets, plus we got NE at home still. We still have a better conference record than NE with only one loss to their 2-3? Come on guys, things can turn around, and lets hope that they do. I do believe JP should start if we do lose, but maybe this few games off will have given him the time to think and correct his decisions. Anyways, LETS GO BUFFALO AND SCREW THE PATS!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh, c'mon...who really thinks we are going to be able to beat NE in front of the nation this coming week?
Did the fins think they could beat the PAts last year who had field advantage to play for? I wouldn't bet on the bills to win the game but miracles can happen.

In order for anyone to win the lotto you at least have to buy a ticket.

HHURRICANE
10-25-2005, 09:39 AM
The problem is, we can already see that we don't have a good enough defense (or offense for that matter) to really be a playoff team. So why not let JP get some experience. The more we delay, the longer it takes for him to develop. If Coughlin had waited for Eli to develop this year, would they be where they are now? They're doing great...

You repeated my post but you are right!!!!:bf1: