Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's not Kelly's fault

He played an okay game on Sunday.

Willis couldn't crack the line.

Going with Daimon Shelton on fourth and goal was stupid.

The inability to stop third and long was a killer.

Lamont Jordan chewed up the team's weak run D.

The DBs couldn't contain a less than 100% Randy Moss.

Doesn't look like any of that is Holcomb's fault.

Stop the calling for JP. The team cannot afford to put him in now to face NE on Sunday night.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: It's not Kelly's fault

Shelton should block only. I don't want to see him run another run or catch another pass.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

No doubt, the guy hadn't carried the ball for five seasons and they give it to him on fourth and goal?!?!?
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• generalmills
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        Stop the calling for JP. The team cannot afford to put him in now to face NE on Sunday night.
        although I do agree with you on the fact that this loss was not the fault of Holcomb but the next logical step for this team is to throw away this pipe-dream season and commit to the future. JP has to develop at some point, this is the perfect time. This team is certainly not capable of making the playoffs as you have illustrated in your breakdown of the game yesterday. JP needs to see as much action as possible but I do not think he should be put in till after the break-week only because it would be unfair to his development to put him under center against the pats on national television. I think coming home following the break-week is the perfect time to begin once again the growth of the bills.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Well said General.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I think Willis COULD have had a big game. He had a nice run or two early, then our coaches just abandoned the run for no apparent reason. Suddenly we're 14 points behind and the run option is gone....

I agree that Holcomb didn't lose the game- he did have a few bonehead plays, but they weren't the difference in the game. For the most part, he played well. But I agree with generalmills as well- after the NE game, Losman should be given his shot. I don't want to see Losman in for the NE game because it will just be embarrassing.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

No doubt, the guy hadn't carried the ball for five seasons and they give it to him on fourth and goal?!?!?
              Sheldon has looked very good at times getting the ball in the flat and getting extra yardage after first contact. McGahee seems to go down quite often after first contact. I liked the Sheldon call. We still ran the ball and it was unexpected that Sheldon would get it. I don't think McGahee would have scored either.

I think you throw JP in there now regardless of who we are playing and when. If you really wanted to give JP a weak opponent, the Jets or Miami at home would have been a lot better. Besides, putting JP in now would give him a lot of incentive, AND it was the team he made his NFL debut against last year and looked even worse than this year. And if Moulds wants to ***** about it, start Reed and Roscoe over him, it ain't getting done this year.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I think Willis COULD have had a big game. He had a nice run or two early, then our coaches just abandoned the run for no apparent reason. Suddenly we're 14 points behind and the run option is gone....

I agree that Holcomb didn't lose the game- he did have a few bonehead plays, but they weren't the difference in the game. For the most part, he played well. But I agree with generalmills as well- after the NE game, Losman should be given his shot. I don't want to see Losman in for the NE game because it will just be embarrassing.
                If I remember correctly, last season Losman was thrown into the Pats game and it was probably the most embarrasing few plays of his life.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

The Bills are getting used to being embarrassed, and probably will be regardless of who plays QB. So, what's the difference?

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

The difference is a big game against a division rival in which we haven't won a game since the opening of 2002.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

You know, substitute JP for Kelly, and you actually have the blueprint for all of our losses.

(Without the obvious Raider references)

Aren't these losses all beginning to look the same? A great opening drive, Bills go to sleep, defense allows between 100-200 yards on the ground, special teams don't really ignite anything.

Sorry, I don't care who you line up under center. This isn't a very good football team.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

If I remember correctly, last season Losman was thrown into the Pats game and it was probably the most embarrasing few plays of his life.
                        I remember watching that game. JP had the nerve to laugh while walking to the sidelines after throwing a perfect pass to Troy Brown... or was it after his fumble, I can't remember.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

The difference is a big game against a division rival in which we haven't won a game since the opening of 2002.
                          This streak isn't going to change next week. I'd bet everything I own on it.

Seriously, what have we seen in any game of the season that would lead to the idea we can win against them? I know....."any given Sunday"....but it would seriously take a total NE meltdown for us to win. I don't see that happening, especially after a bye week. I know my hatred for BB is going to increase ten fold after this game because I think he is going to embarass us.......again.

Comment

• DBrown77
                            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                            • Mar 2005

Were 1 game out of first. keep holcomb in
                            maybe we can pull out a miracle in boston next week and were tied for first again.

I know its not likely but thats why they play the game

Comment

• Fairway
                              • Jul 2002

We're calling for JP because this team is going nowhere this season and we need to find out if he is cut out to be an NFL QB, not because we think Holcomb has played bad.

After we get killed by the Pats JP needs to be re-instated as starter against KC.

Comment

Working...
                              X