PDA

View Full Version : Crankeysville

finsrclowns
10-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Could I borrow someone's dog to kick?:bad: I think we have to do our best to win Sunday against NE and that means stay with Holcomb. He's not the problem(s) with this team. But after we lose to NE, and we very likely will lose big, I'm ready to pull the plug on this year. That means putting Losman back in. It also means starting other young players. It will be time to see what we have/don't have. But I just hope to God when we do make the change people will accept the losses as they mount up. I will commit right now that I won't make any statements about Losman's viability as a starter until he's got another 5-6 starts. Even at that point I won't be expecting him to be an all pro but if the porch light isn't showing signs of turning on, and by that I mean if the game isn't starting to slow down for him, I won't hesitate to use the B word. Either way, if Losman is reinserted after next week, we are staring a top 3 draft position in the face. Negative? Nah, you guys know that's not me. Just being honest. Tell me where I'm off base based our remaining schedule, assuming Losman is the QB after the bye.

Sun., Oct. 30 at New England Patriots Underdog
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE WEEK pick 'em:funny:
Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS CBS 1:00 PM Underdog
Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers CBS 4:15 PM Underdog
Sun., Nov. 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS FOX 1:00 PM Underdog
Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM Underdog
Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM Underdog
Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS ESPN 8:30 PM Underdog
Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM Underdog
Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets CBS 1:00 PM Underdog

Throne Logic
10-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Which other young players would you be playing? Everyone, aside from Losman, seems to be getting solid minutes with all the injuries.

Why wait on Losman? Holcomb is one-dimensional. NE will eat him up. Losman would, at least, offer the run threat from the QB spot. It would give NE, who is already weak on defense, something else to think about.

Buffalo is a long-shot to win at NE during primetime. But if they look like they did vs. the Raiders - and everything indicates that they will - I'd rather see Losman in there learning instead of Holcomb just filling in space.

DaBills
10-24-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd give you my dog, but I kicked him too hard myself last night. My LONGSHOT prayer is this:

NE is slow coming out of the blocks after a bye and Teddy is rusty and not up to NFL game speed yet, and WM exploits that.

Ok, now that I'm awake, I don't care if it's KH or JP, as I don't think many of us truly do. Whoever gives us the better chance to win, BUT this team made a stink about going with JP last year and picking him in the first round. To abandon him when we all knew he likely might falter is just confusing. On one hand, the front office says, expect growing pains, but then on the other, they yank him because they really were lying and hate growing pains.

Further adding to the problem, the Giants stick with Manning when he ABSOLUTELY sucked last year, and now has developed nicely after working through problems. Why isn't JP given that opportunity?

The remaining schedule doesn't bother me as we have actually taken care of biz in our div so far. What bothers me is that MM and TC are playcalling like two monkeys ****ing a football. One week it's this way, next week it's another. All we need is a Dilfer performance out of the QB slot, not having either guy be a Joe Montana. Yet it's like they can't agree on a blanced gameplan that plays to our strengths.

If we do that and the Gray tightens up coverage on D, I like our chances in the division.

Miami in December - we all know how that story goes.

Jets imo will be out of the race as Vinny shows his age late November.

Cinnci and SD are pick 'ems as Carson and Drew will light up the secondary IF we lay off receivers and get no pressure. (Watching Brees yesterday and he sucks if you get in his face AND jam McCardle at the line. Give him a few secs though and he'll burn you.)

Carolina scares me as they always seem to get after a QB.

Broncos could be on huge roll by then and may be our toughest match. I don't like our chances there.

Captain Obvious
10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Which other young players would you be playing? Everyone, aside from Losman, seems to be getting solid minutes with all the injuries.

Why wait on Losman? Holcomb is one-dimensional. NE will eat him up. Losman would, at least, offer the run threat from the QB spot. It would give NE, who is already weak on defense, something else to think about.

Buffalo is a long-shot to win at NE during primetime. But if they look like they did vs. the Raiders - and everything indicates that they will - I'd rather see Losman in there learning instead of Holcomb just filling in space.

Duke Preston should be starting instead of Bennie Anderson against Oakland. However, he should get signifigant minutes with Villarial battling injuries.

Captain Obvious
10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I'd give you my dog, but I kicked him too hard myself last night. My LONGSHOT prayer is this:

NE is slow coming out of the blocks after a bye and Teddy is rusty and not up to NFL game speed yet, and WM exploits that.

Ok, now that I'm awake, I don't care if it's KH or JP, as I don't think many of us truly do. Whoever gives us the better chance to win, BUT this team made a stink about going with JP last year and picking him in the first round. To abandon him when we all knew he likely might falter is just confusing. On one hand, the front office says, expect growing pains, but then on the other, they yank him because they really were lying and hate growing pains.

Further adding to the problem, the Giants stick with Manning when he ABSOLUTELY sucked last year, and now has developed nicely after working through problems. Why isn't JP given that opportunity?

The remaining schedule doesn't bother me as we have actually taken care of biz in our div so far. What bothers me is that MM and TC are playcalling like two monkeys ****ing a football. One week it's this way, next week it's another. All we need is a Dilfer performance out of the QB slot, not having either guy be a Joe Montana. Yet it's like they can't agree on a blanced gameplan that plays to our strengths.

If we do that and the Gray tightens up coverage on D, I like our chances in the division.

Miami in December - we all know how that story goes.

Jets imo will be out of the race as Vinny shows his age late November.

Cinnci and SD are pick 'ems as Carson and Drew will light up the secondary IF we lay off receivers and get no pressure. (Watching Brees yesterday and he sucks if you get in his face AND jam McCardle at the line. Give him a few secs though and he'll burn you.)

Carolina scares me as they always seem to get after a QB.

Broncos could be on huge roll by then and may be our toughest match. I don't like our chances there.

Cinci and SD as pick ems? If the bills can't beat the Saints and the Raiders on the road, their chances against the Bengals and chargers have to be less than 50/50

DaBills
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Cinci and SD as pick ems? If the bills can't beat the Saints and the Raiders on the road, their chances against the Bengals and chargers have to be less than 50/50

All teams have a 50/50 chance every weekend.

;-p

finsrclowns
10-24-2005, 03:50 PM

I would have Geisinger sharing snaps with Anderson, Preston with Teague, Haagen with Posey for starters.

You and I are not going to agree on QB. The "one dimensional" stuff is overrated IMO. The QB's main job is to throw the ball. If he can't do that effectively he can be Mike Vick and it still won't be enough and Losman is no Vick. Until Losman shows he can throw consistently I could care less about his mobility. Mobility is a nice bonus but it's not job #1. Delivering the ball accurately and on time is. If Holcomb gets "eaten up" it will be because of breakdowns in protection, not because he's one dimensional. But as I said, I'm in Crankeysville, if Mularkey wants to wave the white flag a week early and put in Losman, it probably won't matter anyway.