PDA

View Full Version : Why?

DynaPaul
10-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Did we continue trying to run McGahee up the middle against 700lbs of beef in Sapp and Washington? Wouldn't it have been smarter to run outside? Why did the defense give up and let 2nd and 3rd string receivers and backs make plays?

This loss blew donkey nuts. Next week is the Halloween frightfest at Gillette.

:brace:

DBrown77
10-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Did we continue trying to run McGahee up the middle against 700lbs of beef in Sapp and Washington? Wouldn't it have been smarter to run outside? Why did the defense give up and let 2nd and 3rd string receivers and backs make plays?

I saw mcgahee run to the outside probably 4-5 times out of his whopping 16 carries. thats where he was picking up about 4 yds/carry. we just abandoned the run way too early.

I did like the misdirection screen plays we ran this week. they seemed to work well

JefftheBillsfan
10-24-2005, 05:39 PM
you know big ted would have worn down by games end if we kept pounding it too, thats whats really frustrating.

X-Era
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM

So, Terrel Davis, Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell.

All without a single first round O-lineman

Why arent we zone blocking again?

OpIv37
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
So, Terrel Davis, Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell.

All without a single first round O-lineman

Why arent we zone blocking again?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that it's because Mularkey and Clements don't understand how to do it.

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I swear the Coaching decisions make my head spin
What was it third quarter and there was a penalty(holding I believe) instead of declining it and making the Raiders punt the Bill took it and gave the Raiders another chance Yes they didn't get it, but seriously what were they thinking that the are better than them?

We had no right at that time to even feel it

I had trouble with my radio connections through Buffalo and was listening to oakland announcers

the guys were like OK Mularky will decline this then they were like UM what is he doing obviously he made a mistake

Were slowly becoming a laughing stock

Does anyone thing that maybe our Defense is out of shape

Seriously like they are totally beat and thats when the teams just demolish us with runs

I was so pumped for this game

I honestly am still in quite the shock
I'm afraid to see what New England will do to us

No one in their right mind fan or no fan can say Buffalo can win

When will we win again to me is the question???

doomsdayvirus
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
why did we continue trying to run McGahee up the middle against 700lbs of beef in Sapp and Washington? Wouldn't it have been smarter to run outside? Why did the defense give up and let 2nd and 3rd string receivers and backs make plays?

reminds me of my high school football team. our entire strategy was to run it up the middle each and every play. our blocking was horrible, our running backs were small. we could have ran them to the outside effectively because they were so fast. we had guys that could throw and catch, but never used that option either.

in 4 years i believe we won 5 games and tied 2. we were 0-8 my senior year.

too bad we didn't play the bills. i'd like to see that matchup right about now.