PDA

View Full Version : Here's a scary thought

Buffarama
01-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Super Bowl - Tampa - Brad Johnson goes down.......

RJ comes in. Drops back to pass losing 17-13 in a game ending drive with minutes left on the clock. RJ drops back, looks, is chased out of the pocket, and for once, once, ONCE in his miserable QB football career it all comes together, he makes a read, and brilliantly (yeah it could happen), sees a receiver across the field going the opposite direction of his scrambling direction, leaps in the air and fires a 40 yard TD pass with that tremendous arm strength that turns into the game winner.
RJ gets a ring, a Super Bowl highlite reel, and another opportunity to steal another 25 million. His entire career and wealth based on a few appearances. Even up for the Titans throwback play.
Don't laugh, it could happen.

The_Philster
01-12-2003, 06:24 PM
:eek:

The_Philster
01-12-2003, 06:25 PM
I think I'd have to go see usenet's reaction if that were to happen, Buffarama ;)

kgun12
01-12-2003, 07:14 PM
You mean happen TWICE! He did it in Tennesse in the play-off game. Remember the drive for the field goal, no shoe and all. It wasn't his fault ST's didn't cover the kick. Might have changed his WHOLE career.

Mr. Miyagi
01-12-2003, 07:26 PM
If that happens, I would :puke:

RJ does not deserve to be considered a winner, at any level. He would suddenly have this huge head, and probably bad mouth the Bills some more.

Can we make a smiley like the JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK one that says RJ SUCKS???

JefftheBillsfan
01-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I agree w/KGun, I think if the Bills win that game, RJ would still be in buffalo and we would have won a super bowl by now. but who knows with that guy.

Michael82
01-12-2003, 08:08 PM
The scariest part is the fact that Rob Johnson could go to the Super Bowl and win it. Meanwhile.....Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith did NOT get a Ring. :down: That would really suck! Out of all the former Bills...RJ is the one that I never want to see get a ring. :madcurse:

Tatonka
01-13-2003, 12:21 AM
just wish the guy well and move on ... jeesh

Typ0
01-13-2003, 12:48 AM
I would love every minute of it just so the Flutie lovers can wallow in their self pity how their puny midget spurned them with so much hatred for RJ they showed up in droves to cheer when he got injured on the field...but when it came right down to it the mighty midget is a complete joke and loser as an NFL QB and RJ gets the ring. Go Rob Johnson.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The scariest part is the fact that Rob Johnson could go to the Super Bowl and win it. Meanwhile.....Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith did NOT get a Ring. :down: That would really suck! Out of all the former Bills...RJ is the one that I never want to see get a ring. :madcurse:

he would automatically move to the #1 spot for "Player who didn't deserve it"IF it does happen.

mush69
01-13-2003, 05:19 AM
By all means it could happen. If in fact it does you probably wouldn't see RJ on the winning end of it though. Tampa has proved in the last 2 weeks of regular season they can't win with out Brad at the helm.

I like this scenario (sp) better. Brad gets knocked out with the lead, in comes RJ for a little pass rush practice and gives up the big turnover to swing to momentum back to the AFC representative. AFC wins the Big one!

RJ should sell matresses for all the time he spends on his back with a couple d-lineman on top of him.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by mush69
RJ should sell matresses for all the time he spends on his back with a couple d-lineman on top of him.

:rofl:

Scott
01-13-2003, 06:05 AM
Still lots of bitterness around here. Bucs have thier work cut out for them next week, that is not just a monkey on thier back, it is a 400lb Gorilla.
BTW RJ is 2-0 as a starter for the Bucs, just win Baby.

Fat Tony
01-13-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm with Scott on this one.

He's gone, he's a backup, time to move on. Who friggin' cares?

timfromjersey
01-13-2003, 08:57 AM
What friggin amazes me is how many of you forget how god awful Rob Johnson played up until that go ahead drive in that playoff game. That he made one shoeless big pass play doesn't change the fact that his play put the Bills in position to lose on the miracle play. To put his so-called game winning drive in perspective, I'll quote my great, great grand pappy when he said "Even the blind chicken finds the corn once and a while." It was really the Bills defense that gave the Bills a chance and it will be Tampa Bays defense that will get Johnson a ring. That is why I'm rooting hard for Philly. If R. Johnson get into the game due to an injury to Brad, They would be better off if Rob took a knee every play and hope the defense scores. Rob Johnson is one of the dumbest qbs I've ever seen. That and he's a bitc# A$$ Punk!
What a friggin loser!

C'mon typo, stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think of Flutie.

Ebenezer
01-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
I would love every minute of it just so the Flutie lovers can wallow in their self pity how their puny midget spurned them with so much hatred for RJ they showed up in droves to cheer when he got injured on the field...

I AGREE!!! :hi5:

Jeff1220
01-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Tampa won't be in the SB anyway. They'll never get past Philly at the Vet!

BillsNYC
01-13-2003, 10:59 AM
rob johnson is the ONLY reason i can't cheer for the Bucs....

Judge
01-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
You mean happen TWICE! He did it in Tennesse in the play-off game. Remember the drive for the field goal, no shoe and all. It wasn't his fault ST's didn't cover the kick. Might have changed his WHOLE career.

It WAS his fault that RJ SUCKED the other 58 minutes of that game, though.

Judge
01-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
I would love every minute of it just so the Flutie lovers can wallow in their self pity how their puny midget spurned them with so much hatred for RJ they showed up in droves to cheer when he got injured on the field...but when it came right down to it the mighty midget is a complete joke and loser as an NFL QB and RJ gets the ring. Go Rob Johnson.

Pat Williams blasted RJ in SHOUT Magazine in September.

Ruben Brown blasted RJ on his WGR radio show a couple of weeks ago.

It says alot about who the good guy was in the RJ-DF argument when no teammate I can recall has criticized Flutie and 2 big-name Bills have blasted RJ for the way RJ played here and the way he left town.

Michael82
01-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
rob johnson is the ONLY reason i can't cheer for the Bucs....

I totally agree!!! RJ SUCKS!

Actually, I forgot...I hate Sapp too! He takes way too many cheap shots! :down: Then of course you have Meshawn Johnson. Oh man, that would suck for the Jets fans....bwaahahahaha! :lolcry:

justasportsfan
01-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Rochester D&C says:

"Believe IT or NoT: Tampa back-up QB Rob Johnson is two wins away from a SB ring. The less he plays, the better chances he has."

true, true.

shelby
01-13-2003, 06:21 PM
:doh:

i don't give a :angry: about RJ. He is history for Buffalo....i just want to see a good :angry:ing Superbowl.