PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check - Bills are bad!!

HHURRICANE
10-25-2005, 09:48 AM
If you are not convinced that the Bills have a bad team than list the 5 best players on the team. Mine are as follows:

1) McGahee
2) Evans
3) Clements
4) McGee
5) Moorman

We have very little young talent on this team. It's bad when a punter makes my top 5. I can't put Spikes on the list because he's most likely done.

tampabay25690
10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
I agree we are an average team at best.......I have been so depressed since SUnday and we havent even go into the hard part of the schedule yet........

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM
We have very little young talent on this team. It's bad when a punter makes my top 5. I can't put Spikes on the list because he's most likely done.

while I agree with your list, I disagree on the young talent thing. First, McGahee Evans and McGee are all young- 2nd and 3rd year players. We have Parrish, Losman and Everett, who are all question marks at this point but have big potential to be young talent. We have Eric King and Jabari Greer, who definitely aren't ready for primetime but have shown flashes of what could be.

The problem is that the talent/young talent is in a few key skill positions. We lack talent in some key positions, mainly offensive and defensive line. We could use upgrades at TE, FB and maybe linebacker depending on how Spikes recovers, but we could get away with what we have in those areas if our O line could block and our D line could get some push.

mysticsoto
10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
while I agree with your list, I disagree on the young talent thing. First, McGahee Evans and McGee are all young- 2nd and 3rd year players. We have Parrish, Losman and Everett, who are all question marks at this point but have big potential to be young talent. We have Eric King and Jabari Greer, who definitely aren't ready for primetime but have shown flashes of what could be.

The problem is that the talent/young talent is in a few key skill positions. We lack talent in some key positions, mainly offensive and defensive line. We could use upgrades at TE, FB and maybe linebacker depending on how Spikes recovers, but we could get away with what we have in those areas if our O line could block and our D line could get some push.

We could use upgrades at TE and FB??? Everett is meant to be an upgrade at TE, as for FB, I think Damien Shelton has been doing some great blocking. I think it's stupid that Mularkey and Clements seem intent on doing what Gilbride did to Gash and that is continually make him catch or carry the ball. If his strength is to block, then let him block for McGahee and stop with the stupid little tricks that Mularkey always tries to use that backfire!!! This isn't a college game. Tricks are only going to take you so far. Everybody on the other side is well schooled and the only way to beat them is to play football and play well. The tricks are just stupid and backfiring constantly. What's next? McGahee trying to throw a pass into the endzone like TH tried to do a few years back? Maybe if he had LaDanian. But we don't. If everybody did their job, we'd have a decent team. The Oline needs to block and so does McGahee. The Dline needs to tackle and so do the LBs. It's really that simple...

HHURRICANE
10-25-2005, 10:41 AM

What I'm really talking about is young talent that you can build on. Dallas drafted Spears and Ware and they will be cornerstone guys for years to come. Maybe, and this is a definate maybe that Parrish makes the list at somepoint but that's about it. We are screwed after that. We don't have a team let's face it.

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I never thought I would be saying this, but our defense is losing most of our battles. STOP THE RUN!!!

I would have to say our best players are

McGahee
McGee
Moorman
Lindell
Stamer

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:08 AM
We could use upgrades at TE and FB??? Everett is meant to be an upgrade at TE, as for FB, I think Damien Shelton has been doing some great blocking. .

I think Shelton does fine blocking- I just wish we had someone like Alstott that was a threat to carry the ball as well. And if TD continues to neglect the O-line, we need all the FB help we can get.

As far as TE, Everett is still a question mark. If he's as good as people claim he will be, we're set.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I never thought I would be saying this, but our defense is losing most of our battles. STOP THE RUN!!!

I would have to say our best players are

McGahee
McGee
Moorman
Lindell
Stamer

Stamer? Please- you're just trying to score points with FBH.

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Stamer? Please- you're just trying to score points with FBH.

Hell no, that dude is insane out there. Takes oout 3-5 guys everytime he runs down the field. If I get points for it, ill take it;)

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
We might suck, but I'll be right here every Sunday cheering for a win... and not crying about it.

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:34 AM
We might suck, but I'll be right here every Sunday cheering for a win... and not crying about it.

you and me both, GO BILLS!

HHURRICANE
10-25-2005, 01:13 PM

HOMER WARNING!!! Dude do you think anybody on this site is not cheering for a win?? The only point I'm trying to make is that we are well short of being any kind of a contender. We are not a playoff team and need to start focusing on how we are going to be one. Loooking at what we have we are more than just a few players away!!:teary: