PDA

View Full Version : I am going to focus on the positive...

Pride
10-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Believe me... I am as angry about how we have been playing as all of you... but quite honestly, I am tired of being angry. It isnt like this is something we arent used to. The bengals fans eventually had to just believe they were a bad team, and not get hopes up and whatnot prior to the season. They are still very much a show me first type of fanbase.

I have reached that point. We are a bad team, bordering on a bad organization, and while I hate it, and it sickens me at times... I refuse to let it bring me down along with it. I am going to try to stay positive, yet realistic, and cheer on my team and try to ignore the negativity on these boards. It is just a game afterall, played by people we don't really know, for an owner, none of us have ever met.

Causing stress in ones life over something we should have expected by now is ridiculous...

/endrant

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Great post. I will continue to cheer, and cheer loudly, but I am pretty disgusted as to the direction this franchise has taken. People get way too upset and take their frustration out on way too many people -- friends, co-workers, other fans, fans on message boards, etc. It's only a game. If you are that upset, do something constructive and write to the media or to the organization. This message board is for solid discussion purposes, maybe a little humor/jokes, fun basically, not attacking people or being so upset about something that you fly off the handle and basically can't carry on a logical conversation.

Jon

DaBills
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Good sentiments. I think the Bengals did the right thing after all the years of **** play. They cleaned house and said the old way wasn't working. Sadly, I just don't think Ralph will be doing that though. (Let alone what the heir apparent to the team might do.) There seems to be a lot of denial as to what's going on and how to fix it, let alone who should fix it.

Look no further than TD's answers to those questions in the other thread. They either don't get it or don't want to get it.

The_Philster
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
for an owner, none of us have ever met.uhhhhh :wave:

BAM
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Believe me... I am as angry about how we have been playing as all of you... but quite honestly, I am tired of being angry. It isnt like this is something we arent used to. The bengals fans eventually had to just believe they were a bad team, and not get hopes up and whatnot prior to the season. They are still very much a show me first type of fanbase.

I have reached that point. We are a bad team, bordering on a bad organization, and while I hate it, and it sickens me at times... I refuse to let it bring me down along with it. I am going to try to stay positive, yet realistic, and cheer on my team and try to ignore the negativity on these boards. It is just a game afterall, played by people we don't really know, for an owner, none of us have ever met.

Causing stress in ones life over something we should have expected by now is ridiculous...

/endrant

Pride this is the best post I've seen on here in a VERY long time.

No point in stressing yourself out. Nothing on this Earth is worth risking a health problem. Especially not a sport.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a critique or pointing out how and why the team is failing, but I get the impression that some people take it as an opportunity to bring attention to themself, constantly starting up a *****-fest, and often using the team's failures as an opportunity to say "I told you so."

Who cares. Get over it. And yourself.

BillsFever21
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM

/endrant

Only homers who thought we were a great team are upset. Us realist expected this so it doesn't come to any shock that we suck.

DaBills
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Only homers who thought we were a great team are upset. Us realist expected this so it doesn't come to any shock that we suck.

I don't know about that. Not sure of too many of us homers that thought this team was great this year. I didn't. Heading into the season with a solid running game and good to almost great D, maybe. But I think a lot of us were realistic enough not to use the word 'great' in regards to the overall team.

A great team beats a NE, an Indy, a Pittsburgh, etc., consistently. Until we do that PLUS beat the teams we're supposed to on the road, we have a long way to go.

Tatonka
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
good post, pride.. i havent even been posting much lately or coming around because i am just tired of it..

i cant even get irritated anymore.. TD and company have drained most of my hope.. and i can be one of the most volitile, easily agitated posters at times.. but i just dont really care that much any more.

i will be pulling for seattle in the post season just because i have had Hasslebeck as my qb for 4 years now.. so it is easy to root for them.

BAM
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Just to clarify. My post wasn't directed at Pride... at all really. :D

Mudflap1
10-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm offended.

:peace:

Jon

madness
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
About time we get some backup! Now all we have to do is convert Op. :evil:

HAMMER
10-26-2005, 12:46 PM
/endrant

You have a good therapist Pride!