PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really think we can beat NE- READ BEFORE CHOOSING

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
I don't want to hear this "any given Sunday" crap. Consider this:

-NE has been weak against the run, but they are getting Bruschi and maybe Richard Seymour back
-Our O-line can't pass-block and now we might be without Villarial and/or Mike Williams
-We've been outcoached all season by guys who aren't nearly Bellicheck's equal (NORV TURNER for crying out loud- the guy's almost clinically braindead)
-Corey Dillon has had a frustrating year and is looking to get back on track. Our run D is worst in the league.
-NE is coming off a bye week and a loss
-It's a road game, where the Bills have struggled all season
-It's a night game, where the Bills have historically struggled

So does anyone still think we can win. If so, how and why?

Pride
10-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Not a snowballs chance in hell

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Sorry to ruin it for you, but I am going to stick with the "any given Sunday" line.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Sorry to ruin it for you, but I am going to stick with the "any given Sunday" line.

it's fine if you think the Bills can win- I'd just like to hear one sound, logical reason WHY. "Any given Sunday" is a cliche, not a reason.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 10:54 AM
it's fine if you think the Bills can win- I'd just like to hear one sound, logical reason WHY. "Any given Sunday" is a cliche, not a reason.
Same friggin reason I can win lotto if I play. Even though I have a billion to one chance.

Lets see... We cause turnovers. McGahee has a great game. The defense holds up. What the **** do you want me to say?

Some of you "fans" are pathetic.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 10:59 AM

yeah, I guess using past performance of both teams as measures and applying logic makes me a bad fan.

I'm still going to watch the game. I'm still going to cheer for the Bills. And deep inside, there's a part of me that never gives up hope and thinks we can win. But the educated, rational, logical side of me says it ain't gonna happen.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:02 AM
yeah, I guess using past performance of both teams as measures and applying logic makes me a bad fan.

I'm still going to watch the game. I'm still going to cheer for the Bills. And deep inside, there's a part of me that never gives up hope and thinks we can win. But the educated, rational, logical side of me says it ain't gonna happen.
There have been bigger upsets in sports history. Quit being so melodramatic.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
There have been bigger upsets in sports history. Quit being so melodramatic.

ah I see- you're the one talking about pulling off a billion to one shot and lacking actual evidence, but I'm being melodramatic.

madness
10-25-2005, 11:06 AM
I've watched one game in my living room this year... we won that game.

I will be in my living room Sunday night... watching the game.

The stats don't lie!!! 2-0 in my living room after Sunday. Go Bills!! :D

hammerbillsfan
10-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Same friggin reason I can win lotto if I play. Even though I have a billion to one chance.

Lets see... We cause turnovers. McGahee has a great game. The defense holds up. What the **** do you want me to say?

This is from a guy who says Lincoln was the worst president ever! :shakeno:

I think the NFL set this game up for us to be failure on national tv again (like last year) and most likely it will.

:gobills:

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Yes we can beat them. No question.

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
because everyone is saying they are going to lose giving them motivation for the win and a chance to be in first place in the division and to show the world that they truly are team to beat on PRIMEtime. Its about time they show up on primetime and I tihnk their time is overdue. Bill B wasnt the master behind all of that, I think Weis had to do a lot for their success, along with romeo, but weis was a bigger part.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:10 AM
ah I see- you're the one talking about pulling off a billion to one shot and lacking actual evidence, but I'm being melodramatic.
What ****ing evidence? The game wasn't played yet!

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:11 AM
BF1, Why even play the game man? C'mon!! We already lost. Chalk it up!

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:11 AM
What ****ing evidence? The game wasn't played yet!

PAST PERFORMANCE dumbass. It's not perfect, but in sports it's a pretty damn good indicator of future performance.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:12 AM

seriously, I wish we could just give them the victory and not show up. It will be far less humiliating than what they're gonna do to us on national TV again.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Exactly.

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Well either way I will enjoy watching it.

I have quite a few friends down in this area from the Boston area coming over Sunday. Gonna have a huge party. They're all Pats fans, but they don't rub it in like some ass-holes.

My brother is brining his two-turntables setup over as well.

Beer pong, :smoke:, some loud-ass music, and some Bills-Patriots football.

I'll be sure to watch the game for some of you pussies that have already written us off. :peace:

madness
10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
seriously, I wish we could just give them the victory and not show up. It will be far less humiliating than what they're gonna do to us on national TV again.

Seriously, I wish Dora would cut you for saying something like that. :jk:

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:25 AM
ill never give up on the Bills, unless they move out of Buffalo. Fans that don't believe they can win are not fans at all and should have their nuts cut off

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
ill never give up on the Bills, unless they move out of Buffalo. Fans that don't believe they can win are not fans at all and should have their nuts cut off
Correction... Fans that don't believe they can win are not fans at all and have no nuts.

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Correction... Fans that don't believe they can win are not fans at all and have no nuts.

very true, thanks for the correction

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Anytime.

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I dunno it's just not me. I always think that the Bills are going to win. I know we're not good at all really, but what's the point or fun of even watching it if you're so sure that we'll lose? Might as well just take care of some gardening or something.

I have found throughout the last couple years that I have a more optimistic outlook on things than 98% of the people on this message board though.

So much anger/hate/sadness. It's not good for you. :shakeno:

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Believing and thinking are two different things. Believing is done at an emotional level with little to no evidence necessary. Thinking means considering all available facts and coming to a logical conclusion. No one will be right 100% of the time because information is always imperfect, but it is possible to have a fairly high rate of success.

So Sunday night, I'll be disappointed but prepared. You, BAM and BF1 can sit there shocked that we lost.

BAM
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm sure I'll be thoroughly aghast!

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 11:43 AM
I think they have a chance to win. And believe they have a chance to win. I don't think or believe they will win though. But that's why they play the God damn games. So Einstein, you need to evaluate your use of the word "chance."

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Believing and thinking are two different things. Believing is done at an emotional level with little to no evidence necessary. Thinking means considering all available facts and coming to a logical conclusion. No one will be right 100% of the time because information is always imperfect, but it is possible to have a fairly high rate of success.

So Sunday night, I'll be disappointed but prepared. You, BAM and BF1 can sit there shocked that we lost.

I understand you, but right now our team and fans need you more than ever and they don't need negative talk, but need positive vibes!!!!

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
One of two things will happen:

1. We will win in a stunning upset. McGahee runs well, the defense creates turnovers, we control the clock, and squeak one out. Some hope is restored and we'll be 3-0 in the division.

2. We get routed, from which no honor will be salvaged. 42-3, or something to that effect (we'll score a field goal on the first drive!). The fans will be mortified and the "Fire Tom Donahoe!" and "Fire Mike Mularkey!" talks will hit an all-time high.

Honestly, I think they have the talent to win, but there is no real leadership on this team that has shown so far. The general manager dodges questions, the coach is a nice guy but seems to have no fire, and we always seem to lose the battle of the trenches in big games (what's the prediction on when Mike Williams limps out of the game and sits down on the bench?). I will root, because I'm a fan and I believe there's always a chance, you have to always go out and fight when there's a battle to be won, but I think it's a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line: Belichick let it slip last year while gameplanning for the Bills that he didn't view our offensive line as a concern. Look what happened last year. This year, they've only gotten worse.

Still we must cheer, and cheer loudly.

Fans calling fellow Bills fans "pussies" is not the answer.

Jon

MikeInRoch
10-25-2005, 12:01 PM
The percentage chance that we will win is non-zero, but it's pretty damn close to zero.

BAM
10-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Fans calling fellow Bills fans "pussies" is not the answer.

I was pretty much just messing around, but grow some balls for Christ's sake.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Classy...

It's obvious everyone didn't take your post as a joke. Be constructive and attack the post, not the poster. Keep hiding behind your computer screen tough guy.

If anyone has a problem with me posting that 1) we have a chance to win and why, and 2) we have a chance to lose and why, and then suggest that this a board and all fans should try to get along and not turn on each other, well please let me know. I didn't realize that personal attacks were allowed, tolerated, or considered acceptable, it's not amusing.

Jon

madness
10-25-2005, 12:12 PM
The percentage chance that we will win is non-zero, but it's pretty damn close to zero.

3.14159265 :hungry:

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I took Bam's post seriously too. He's right.

DraftBoy
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Alright I think we can win and it possible, but I dont think we will. I dont think it will be embarassing. Prolly close to the OAK score from this past week. NE has sturggles still and we will be up to play this game against them hopefully.

Also I dont want to see anymore personal attacks from anybody, directly or indirectly. Last warning to everybody.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I dont think it will be embarassing. Prolly close to the OAK score from this past week.

38-17 was embarrassing to me...

Jon

DraftBoy
10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
38-17 was embarrassing to me...

Jon

Against OAK yes, but not against a team of the caliber of NE. Plus one of those scores was in the final seconds and a cheap TD that a classy organization never would of tried to score and run up the score with. Ill take 31-17 if we have some good signs. Of course I want a win but I want a close game where we are atleast competitive.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I hear what you are saying...

Still, when it comes to the point where we are compromising losses and rationalizing, well, it's kinda like kissing your sister...

Jon

DraftBoy
10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I hear what you are saying...

Still, when it comes to the point where we are compromising losses and rationalizing, well, it's kinda like kissing your sister...

Jon

Not at all, you learn a whole lot more from a loss then you could possibly ever learn from a win. Losses make a team strong. Losing is a very key thing in sports.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
I hear ya... I think we're just all sick of losing...

Jon

DraftBoy
10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
I hear ya... I think we're just all sick of losing...

Jon

No doubt there buddy, but Im getting the point where I wouldnt mind bringing in a whole new FO and trashing the whole team outside of Evans, Mcgahee, and Everett (i think he could be special). But thats just me.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I agree with you there also. I'm getting to that point too.

Jon

AndreReed83
10-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I think we can win for two main reasons.

1) McGahee will able to run the ball. Bruschi will help, but it will take a few games for him to really get back into the groove, McGahee will be able to keep long drives alive.

2) The blitzing attack by Gray. The Pats O has really struggled against immense pressure. I expect the same thing this week.

Michael82
10-25-2005, 12:54 PM
apparently 12 people aren't fans then? :scratch:
:rolleyes:

DevilPaul, don137, Gunzlingr, hammerbillsfan, jp-era, MBBedard, MikeInRoch, Mikey82, Mudflap1, mysticsoto, OpIv37, red1712

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I believe there's a shot to win, I just wouldn't bet on it.

Jon

capitolneal
10-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I think we can beat them IF we spread out their defense 3 and 4 wide and run from that formation also utilize the 3 step drop and go deep off that... NE is not the healthiest team going either I believe they have run their course, and are coming down to earth.... Buffalo also have to control the clock (like Parcells did in the SB against us) keep the defense off the field and use every sec. before running a play... and run from a spread formation we have a shot

madness
10-25-2005, 12:59 PM

DevilPaul, don137, Gunzlingr, hammerbillsfan, jp-era, MBBedard, MikeInRoch, Mikey82, Mudflap1, mysticsoto, OpIv37, red1712

AndreReed83 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3256), BAM (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=2252), billsfanone (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=16), capitolneal (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=2442), Darth Takeo (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=763), JoeyW3 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=5682), madness (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=1213)

:hi5:

:evil:

Michael82
10-25-2005, 01:00 PM
I think a better title to this poll should have been....

Does anyone really think we will beat NE?

That would have made more sense and also gotten more no's and less fights.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I think we can beat them IF we spread out their defense 3 and 4 wide and run from that formation also utilize the 3 step drop and go deep off that... NE is not the healthiest team going either I believe they have run their course, and are coming down to earth.... Buffalo also have to control the clock (like Parcells did in the SB against us) keep the defense off the field and use every sec. before running a play... and run from a spread formation we have a shot

Now this is the kind of response I was looking for.

One question though- we've had trouble protecting the QB in the spread formation- do you think we can do it against NE?

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 01:06 PM
That would have made more sense and also gotten more no's and less fights.

who said I wanted less fights? This place has been a little boring the past couple of weeks...

Michael82
10-25-2005, 01:08 PM
who said I wanted less fights? This place has been a little boring the past couple of weeks...
Damn you. Gotta stir up trouble. :mad:

:fit:

madness
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Stirring the pot! Stirring the pot!

http://www.krampus.com/images/krampus_stirring_the_pot.jpg

BAM
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Classy...

It's obvious everyone didn't take your post as a joke. Be constructive and attack the post, not the poster. Keep hiding behind your computer screen tough guy.

If anyone has a problem with me posting that 1) we have a chance to win and why, and 2) we have a chance to lose and why, and then suggest that this a board and all fans should try to get along and not turn on each other, well please let me know. I didn't realize that personal attacks were allowed, tolerated, or considered acceptable, it's not amusing.

Jon
That was a valiant attempt, but still no dice.

BTW, Nobody's hiding here. I make myself available to everyone here at the occasional home game. I've never had problems with anyone. Feel free to stop by next tailgate and give me your comments.

I have a highly sarcastic sense of humor, something you obviously lack.

But anywhoo... If you can't handle the heat here, there are other message boards available that may better suit you. Try this one out for starters:

http://www.yeahbaby.com/messages/

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah we can win.

And if i was a betting man I'd take Buffalo with the points. Everyone will be taking NE to cover and usually the majority loses.

That's why they play the game.

dplus47
10-25-2005, 01:35 PM
i think you'll be able to run on them with mcgahee, and i think you'll be able to throw on them if you protect holcomb. their inside LB play hasn't been what it was, and you can't expect bruschi to step in and be what he was right away. this leaves them vulnerable if the RB can get to the 2nd level. their secondary play hasn't been much at all, and you have skill and some speed at the WR positions. the offense could possibly play a little keep-away from brady & co.

next, the bills are vulnerable vs. the run. so were the phins last year, and you know what? the patriots weren't patient enough to stick with the run. i still don't believe they'll be patient enough to stick with it. they like to spread you out and throw, even if the run should be working. i believe this plays to buffalo's strengths, especially the corners. a big question is: can you get pressure on brady without blitzing?

now, i'm not laying any bets on the game, but that's why i think the bills have a chance. i'm not saying it's a huge chance, and yeah, i know "control the ball" is a lot like saying "on any given sunday," but that's the way.

sba
10-25-2005, 01:37 PM
They'll win just to trick us into thinking there's a shot again.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
That was a valiant attempt, but still no dice.

BTW, Nobody's hiding here. I make myself available to everyone here at the occasional home game. I've never had problems with anyone. Feel free to stop by next tailgate and give me your comments.

I have a highly sarcastic sense of humor, something you obviously lack.

But anywhoo... If you can't handle the heat here, there are other message boards available that may better suit you. Try this one out for starters:

http://www.yeahbaby.com/messages/

Don't judge me, I have a sense of humor. All I'm saying is that we are all fans of the Bills, so we shouldn't turn on each other. If you were joking around and weren't trying to pick fights with others, that's fine.

However, your smart-ass personal comments are obnoxious and unacceptable.

Perhaps you should spend more time running your fan site below instead of spending your free time criticizing other fan's intentions and viewpoints from a personal standpoint.

http://wishbear.net/

Jon

McGahee420
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM

Phew!!! I dont see my name on there :D

Typ0
10-25-2005, 01:51 PM
I think we can win if McGahee has a big day and we can get a couple turnovers or a big return. But the reality is McGahee will probably get the ball in this game but run in the wrong direction as part of the gameplan because "NE wasn't expecting it".

The bottom line about our winning or not comes down to if the players like and want to play for Malarkey. If they really do...then we have a good shot because his job is on the line...if they don't we might as well not even get on the plane to go up there.

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Good point Typ0, it's starting to come down to heart.

Jon

BAM
10-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Don't judge me, I have a sense of humor. All I'm saying is that we are all fans of the Bills, so we shouldn't turn on each other. If you were joking around and weren't trying to pick fights with others, that's fine.

However, your smart-ass personal comments are obnoxious and unacceptable.

Perhaps you should spend more time running your fan site below instead of spending your free time criticizing other fan's intentions and viewpoints from a personal standpoint.

http://wishbear.net/

Jon
See there we go! That's a lot better! :bf1:

I was starting to worry about you man! Too many stiffs around here lately.

Brad

madness
10-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Too many stiffs around here lately.

Brad

No that's just Miyagi at work looking at gay porn and transvestites on the can.

Jeremy

Mudflap1
10-25-2005, 02:01 PM
See there we go! That's a lot better! :bf1:

I was starting to worry about you man! Too many stiffs around here lately.

Brad

For anybody that needs to brush up on their personal insults, here's something to check out:

http://www.bigempire.com/gift/millennium2002/

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><CENTER>http://www.bigempire.com/gift/millennium2002/images/smalltitle.gif
http://www.bigempire.com/gift/millennium2002/images/insultstitle.gif</CENTER>
Whether it's by pointing out someone's physical defect right to their face or by willfully committing some social disgrace, there are countless ways to insult somebody. Our panel of highly respected writers, psychologists, social critics, and zeitgeist chasers have listed the best ways to display your disgust for fellow human beings. (We hope you won't take this the wrong way, but your mother was not on our panel.)
25. "You vacuous, toffee-nosed, malodorous pervert!" (12)
24. "*******!" (14)
23. "The three words that describe you are as follows, and I quote: 'Stink, Stank, Stunk!'" (14)
22. "Not much!"-as a response to "What are you looking at?" (15)
21. "Whatever!" (15)
20. "You're a triple-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich, with arsenic sauce!" (16)
19. "There are two kinds of people in the world: cool people and you." (19)
18. Inviting a friend over and then ignoring him in favor of Golden Girls reruns. (20)
17. "Up your butt with a coconut." (20)
16. "You're fired." (20)
15. "Hey, is that your face, or did your hat melt?" (22)
14. "Hey, is that your face, or did your neck throw up?" (23)
13. "Hey, is that your face, or did your pants fall down?" (24)
12. "Twice as far with a candy bar." (25)
11. Wiping your snotty nose on somebody's shirt. (25)
10. "We know what you are: now we're just haggling over the price." (26)
9. "Your mama!" (27)
8. "I piss on you and your country." (29)
7. "Hey, oily! Damn, you're oily!" (30)
6. "That idea and a nickel won't buy jack ****." (30)
5. "You're a ****wad."-to someone who really is a ****wad, and knows he is, but hopes others don't know. (30)
4. Inducting an author into Oprah's TV Book Club. (35)
3. Giving somebody deodorant for his or her birthday. (40)
2. "I've packed my stuff, I grabbed my gear. You're the only bag I'm leaving here." -by the Superchargers (40)
1. Serving jug wine at a fancy dinner. (60)

Also, try this one on for size:

Remember Country Joe and the Fish? They had that anti-war anthem at Monterey Pop back in 1968 called "One Two Three, What Are We Fighting For?" Let's do a remake...

It's one, two, three, Tom Donahoe must go
Say you don't give a damn that he's the man
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
And say "Whoopee!" you're going bye bye

Anybody remember this song?

Jon
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Novacane
10-25-2005, 02:02 PM

:up: That's what I took it as so I guess I voted wrong. Of course we can win if everything goes our way, NE plays thier worst game and we play our best. The chances of all than happening are pretty slim though if you ask me.

Can we? yeah

will we? bet the farm on no.

madness
10-25-2005, 02:04 PM
"Up your butt with a coconut."

:lmao:

I don't know why I find that funny. I just do.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Op - is "NE is ripe for the picking" an acceptable cliche?

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I've never seen BAM really get into it!

Matt

MikeInRoch
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
3.14159265 :hungry:

That's probably pretty close to our percentage change, yes.

Iehoshua
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Why can't we be friends?

Josh

madness
10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
That's probably pretty close to our percentage change, yes.

I know but my percentages always calculate to that number. Then I end up going to Wegmans.

justasportsfan
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
So Sunday night, I'll be disappointed but prepared. You, BAM and BF1 can sit there shocked that we lost.the fins didn't have a chance to beat the Pats last year. No coach, Aj was qb, no rb, no OL, no D . What happened? Maybe it never happened and I was justadreaming.

hydro
10-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Maybe if BIG SAM ADAMS knocks Brady out in the first quarter, we might have a chance.

DaBills
10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
"ill never give up on the Bills, unless they move out of Buffalo. Fans that don't believe they can win are not fans at all and should have their nuts cut off"

I like that.

Now, I hate clichés, but I love putting a spin on them:

Any given Sunday night...

:coocoo:

We may get beat, get our asses kicked, whatever, but how do you bet against the Bills if they're your team. You wanna bet on games, have a party. But against the Bills if they're your team? I don't get it.

Was it over when the Oilers were up by 50 TDs at halftime?

Was it over when RJ took over at QB? (Ok, bad example)

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

HELL NO!

And it ain't over now. Cuz when the going gets tough...

THE TOUGH GET GOING! WHO'S WITH ME????? WAR BUFFALO!!!!!!!

????????

What the hell happened to the Bills fans I used to know.

:rage:

BAM
10-25-2005, 02:50 PM
DaBills, I like your attitude. :up:

The_Philster
10-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I dunno it's just not me. I always think that the Bills are going to win. I know we're not good at all really, but what's the point or fun of even watching it if you're so sure that we'll lose? Might as well just take care of some gardening or something.

I have found throughout the last couple years that I have a more optimistic outlook on things than 98% of the people on this message board though.

So much anger/hate/sadness. It's not good for you. :shakeno:
couldn't agree more...like with the pick em...I'll always pick the Bills...even if I don't think we have a realistic shot...because there's always a chance, no matter how slim.

Bufftp
10-25-2005, 06:05 PM
I chose "no" because the question used "do you think", ergo make the choice with your head not your heart. Of course like many things in life the head and heart don't agree.

OP, the saying "on any given Sunday" is not a just a cliche but a reason. While on paper it does not seem possible one can not tell what fate has in store until the game is played.

My heart says were gonna pull off a big upset! Go Bills!

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Now Im not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I don't recall the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Unless I missed something.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Now Im not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I don't recall the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Unless I missed something.

You did. Didn't you see Animal House? John Belushi says it in his rant to get the frat house fired up after they get expelled.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
THE TOUGH GET GOING! WHO'S WITH ME????? WAR BUFFALO!!!!!!!

????????

:rage:

yeah, well it's a little hard for the fans to have that mentality when the players don't. They gave up at the end against the Raiders.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 06:12 PM

They went back to being fans of 1 player (Like the Robosack ERA). And nothing else matter's because it's all about the future.

And the future is bright with the future franchise, next could be Manning, Palmer, Favre, Manning, future Hall of Fame Quarterback J.P. Losman.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
You did. Didn't you see Animal House?

Seen bits and pieces of Animal House. Didn't like it. Didn't find any of what I did seen funny.

Animal House and Natural Born Killers are right up there in my biggest over-rated films of all time.

OpIv37
10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Seen bits and pieces of Animal House. Didn't like it. Didn't find any of what I did seen funny.
Animal House and Natural Born Killers are right up there in my biggest over-rated films of all time.

wow, you have terrible taste in movies. Both of those are classics and in my personal collection.

RedEyE
10-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Do I think they CAN win?

~ absolutely

Do I think they WILL win?

~ I really doubt it :(

capitolneal
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes but better than that we can give Willis the corners to run to and have cut back lanes I do not think Bruschi will be that effective

DaBills
10-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Ok, switching gears to film. I'm game. Tired of talking about a running game we won't utilize this week anyway.

Hey, I'm old school. I have to go with Animal House! NBK was over the top for sure, but I think Stone was going for that on purpose. And Any Given Sunday - I love the game sequences, except for the night stuff. (Can anyone shoot a football game at night that doesn't look like the set of Alien?) but it's like he took everything bad thing that happens in football and threw it into a blender.

But overrated as a director is a close call for me. DB overrated as a QB before Stone as a director

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
wow, you have terrible taste in movies. Both of those are classics and in my personal collection.

Why because I disliked those 2 films?

Gladiateher
We were soldiers
Seven
Goodfellas
Braveheart
Big Jake
Sleepers

are some of my favorites. I even like Mystic River better then NBK. And I can't stand Tim Robbins/Sean Penn with their personal views.

Mr. Cynical
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM
:no:

SeatownBillsFan21
10-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Have some faith boys this game could make our season lets go BUFFALO.

Meathead
10-25-2005, 10:48 PM
draftboy is an ignorant slut but i agree with him

Meathead
10-25-2005, 10:50 PM
oh wait, i thot this thread asked if the bills could beat LYNDIE england.

n/m

DraftBoy
10-25-2005, 11:39 PM
draftboy is an ignorant slut but i agree with him

Thanks, I think......

ShadowHawk7
10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
I can just see: the "warm-your-heart" story is complete as Bruschi returns and gets a pick, fumble, sack, and a key stuff on 4th down..

Meathead
10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
how bout porkys

footballhottie
10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
anything can happen...

footballhottie
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
lol ignorant slut...thats funny

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
People. people, people. I have posted this several places.

1) The Bills have sucked on primetime for 10 years. They will get embarrassed so badly in this game that I reaaly don't need to watch it. But I will for the laughs.

2) BB wrote in his book that he likes playing the Bills. We are essentially his *****. He has no respect for our coaching staff.

3) We are away in NE. Enough said.

4) Brady will pick us apart with no pass rush. We can't pass rush Brady even when Spikes is healthy.

5) Their running back is a little better than Jordan.

Homers don't ruin your weekend getting excited about this game and the miracle that ain't going to happen. I love coming home and going out in Buffalo. So go downtown and have some fun and please don't think we are going to win this game. P L E A S E!!!!!

L.A. Playa
10-26-2005, 08:49 AM
I think if Notre Dame can come within seconds of beating USC, anything can happen. So yes the Bills can beat the Pats

Jan Reimers
10-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Maybe we should save travel costs and just mail it in. No, after the Raiders' debacle, I don't think we will win in New England, either.

But there have been bigger upsets in the history of sports. That's why you play the game.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I think if Notre Dame can come within seconds of beating USC, anything can happen. So yes the Bills can beat the Pats

Hmmm. Don't you think that was a little better matchup. That is why the game was so hyped all week.

frank74
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
the bills can't and won't win. we haven't thrown for more than 200 yards yet this year and i think since week 12 of last year. our o-line is soft, as is our d-line, we have geriatric safeties, and a running back who has yet to show his "breakaway" speed. i really don't even want to think about it because it's going to be embarrassing again. national tv, pats coming off of a bye week, playing indy the week after us, favored by 9?!?!!? i think i just threw up in my mouth.

EDS
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM

Worst post ever.

How many Pats fans thought they were going to beat Indy, let alone win the super bowl four years ago when Brady had his first start?

Before the 2004 season, how many people thought Drew Brees was going to be a pro bowl quarterback?

How many people thought the Bills, behind Frank Reich, were going to come back and beat Houston in what was the greatest football game I have ever seen?

How many people thought the "bickering bills" would turn it around and go on to four straight super bowl appearances?

There is always a chance, that is why you play the game. I just hope that the Bills players don't have an attitude like yours. Ever play team sports? Ever go into a game where you gave up before you took the field?

Do yourself, the Bills organization and fans a favor and don't watch. You already know the outcome so why bother?

OpIv37
10-26-2005, 02:12 PM
There is always a chance, that is why you play the game. I just hope that the Bills players don't have an attitude like yours.
They just might- they certainly looked like they did at the end of the Oakland game.

I'll watch the game, because we only get 16 a year, win, lose or draw, and we have to make the most of it, no matter how bad it is. And it WILL be bad. By the time Sunday ends, you'll WISH we could have just stayed home and forfeited rather than suffering the beating on national TV that the will undoubtably deliver.

Have you been watching the Bills games this year? The Patriots bring it- we don't.

BAM
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Worst post ever.

How many Pats fans thought they were going to beat Indy, let alone win the super bowl four years ago when Brady had his first start?

Before the 2004 season, how many people thought Drew Brees was going to be a pro bowl quarterback?

How many people thought the Bills, behind Frank Reich, were going to come back and beat Houston in what was the greatest football game I have ever seen?

How many people thought the "bickering bills" would turn it around and go on to four straight super bowl appearances?

There is always a chance, that is why you play the game. I just hope that the Bills players don't have an attitude like yours. Ever play team sports? Ever go into a game where you gave up before you took the field?

Do yourself, the Bills organization and fans a favor and don't watch. You already know the outcome so why bother?

Best post of the thread yet. :up:

These guys are hilarious aren't they. :D

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
They just might- they certainly looked like they did at the end of the Oakland game.

I'll watch the game, because we only get 16 a year, win, lose or draw, and we have to make the most of it, no matter how bad it is. And it WILL be bad. By the time Sunday ends, you'll WISH we could have just stayed home and forfeited rather than suffering the beating on national TV that the will undoubtably deliver.

Have you been watching the Bills games this year? The Patriots bring it- we don't.

We don't always agree but you are right here!! People better be prepared to be embarrassed on National TV. Remember the Chiefs game (Sunday Night I believe) a few years back. This will be way worse and we had Spikes in that game.

EDS
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM

I don't know why you watch, doesn't sound like you will enjoy it.

I guarantee I will not wish that the Bills stayed home and forefeited. Guaranteed. If they win great, if not, so be it. Remember, the fun part bout routing for a professional/college/high school/pee wee sports team is the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

I have played team (basketball and football) and individual sports (track, cycling, tennis, triathlon, etc.) in high school, college and beyond and never did I reach a point where I thought it was not worthwhile showing up. Not once.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't know why you watch, doesn't sound like you will enjoy it.

I guarantee I will not wish that the Bills stayed home and forefeited. Guaranteed. If they win great, if not, so be it. Remember, the fun part bout routing for a professional/college/high school/pee wee sports team is the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

I have played team (basketball and football) and individual sports (track, cycling, tennis, triathlon, etc.) in high school, college and beyond and never did I reach a point where I thought it was not worthwhile showing up. Not once.

This is steeped in gayness! I played sports also and you play to win! Maybe you are used to losing alot. I probably ran against you in HS track. You were the one wiping my butt..from behind.:limp:

BAM
10-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I probably ran against you in HS track. You were the one wiping my butt..from behind.:limp:

Talk about being steeped in gayness...

EDS
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
This is steeped in gayness! I played sports also and you play to win! Maybe you are used to losing alot. I probably ran against you in HS track. You were the one wiping my butt..from behind.:limp:

So are you saying you are homophobic? Grow up.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 03:55 PM

Where did that come from. Just saying you should save the rah, rah for your motivational speaking career. Reality is reality and the Bills are going to get thier butts kicked. I don't like it either but at least I'm not lame enough to think otherwise.

DynaPaul
10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I say no. Sure, I'll be rooting for our Bills come Sunday night but with the way this teams' been playing and our history at Gillette lately we're going to need an ace up our sleeve to pull this one out.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM

No I'm not homophobic and I am sorry if I offended you. Was not my intention.

EDS
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
No I'm not homophobic and I am sorry if I offended you. Was not my intention.

Sounds like you need a hug.

ChaelTD
10-26-2005, 05:42 PM
I think we've got a chance if Willis gets on track and we dont let the Pats have the ball. Realistically I dont see it happening though. Might not be a blowout though.

DaBills
10-26-2005, 09:53 PM
:bighug:

Night games definitely have gone poorly for the Bills, but what does the league have against the Ralph on ESPN or MNF? If we were home, the team would have a better chance against some of the stronger teams we ALWAYS play in their house - NE, Pitt, Indy, etc.

I mean, if the league hated the Bills, or it was a W-L record thing, or it was a conspiracy, then you'd think we wouldn't even warrant the primetime appearances we've gotten during our recent suck-ass years.

So the million dollar question: why don't the Bills get to play night games at home?

The_Philster
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
So the million dollar question: why don't the Bills get to play night games at home? Because Ralph Wilson specifically requested it years ago..he relented in SNF but I think it will take a while before he relents on MNF..and considering next year MNF will no longer be the big matchup it is today, we'll have to have a good record to get a home SNF game

LtFinFan66
10-27-2005, 05:00 AM
Hell, we beat the Pats last year...Enough said!!

DaBills
10-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Because Ralph Wilson specifically requested it years ago..he relented in SNF but I think it will take a while before he relents on MNF..and considering next year MNF will no longer be the big matchup it is today, we'll have to have a good record to get a home SNF game

Oh. Didn't know that. Damn. I 'm tired of losing in Pitt

Kerr
10-27-2005, 03:00 PM
My sole reason is roscoe parrish. If he playing? If so, I just think he's an extra element to the offense that they will unleash on Sunday night. They better.

relentless
10-27-2005, 04:19 PM
we will not be able to stop the pats......much like the raiders.....:peace: