• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Defensive Switch?

Forked from: London Fletcher

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
    Why not switch to a 3-4? It has seemed to work for the Vikes the last couple of weeks? Sam at NT and shake things up, catch NE unawares?
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Buckets
    • Jun 2003

Re: Defensive Switch?

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
    Forked from: London Fletcher
    I just mentioned this at lunch. I think it's worth a shot. The detractors mention that Schobel is to small to play in a 3-4.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

If the Bills Defense switches to a 3-4, it might not be as strong of a defense...i can't even type that with a straight face.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I will post the same thing I posted in the Fletch thread.

Who do we have play inside? We line-up Posey and Crowell Out, who plays inside with London? This is a huge reason why I think the Bills shouldv'e gone after Oj Atogwe in the draft, versatility and a replacement for either London or Troy Vincent down the road.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

I TOTALLY agree. Buffalo has always run a 3-4 with great success. I barely EVER remember us giving up long plays of 12 yards or more when we had our old 3-4 defenses in the 80's and 90's and our run defenses were superb. This defense should have been run out of town with it's owner, Greg Williams. It has been **** since it has been here, I don't care if they were rated #2 last year. This defense NEVER comes up big when it needs to. It has some critcal flaws in it and is not suited for our personnel.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Bruce Smith was not large either - his weight was inflated except for first two years.

Maybe this is reflection on Tim Anderson and I do not care if it 'stunts his growth" but the Bills need to correct the problem and there are very few free agents who can come in and help. Put a DT behind a DT if that is what is needed (I formation) - it has been done before. Denney seems pretty stout vs run and can still cover - stick him as UT for a bit.

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
              I will post the same thing I posted in the Fletch thread.

Who do we have play inside? We line-up Posey and Crowell Out, who plays inside with London? This is a huge reason why I think the Bills shouldv'e gone after Oj Atogwe in the draft, versatility and a replacement for either London or Troy Vincent down the road.
              How about Stammer (sp)?

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

They currently don't have enough good linebackers, especially inside. Another problem is nt. Sam can't go a whole game, who gives him a breather. Schobel is to small for this defense and would get killed more than usual against the run. Although you could play Denney and Kelsay on running downs and bring Schobel in to pass rush.
                As noted the current personal doesn't fit but I wouldn't be against it next year.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by eyedog
                  They currently don't have enough good linebackers, especially inside. Another problem is nt. Sam can't go a whole game, who gives him a breather. Schobel is to small for this defense and would get killed more than usual against the run. Although you could play Denney and Kelsay on running downs and bring Schobel in to pass rush.
                  As noted the current personal doesn't fit but I wouldn't be against it next year.
                  Essentially, we'd have to draft like Dallas did last year and get a DC who knows how to run a 3-4. Mularkey and TD are probably already looking around for their guy. Think he'll be Pittsburgh's D-line coach, John Mitchell? He's been there 15 years.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                    • May 2003

I don't know about having the personnel to run the 34 defense, but I do agree that the current scheme we are using blows. I am sincerely hoping that we can get Dom Capers in here to coach defense when he is fired from Houston. I think Jerry Gray should be...

from One Bills Drive.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

This is what I would do:

I'd put Sam, Tim Anderson and Bannan on the D-line. For LB's, I'd have Fletch, Crowell at ILB and Posey and Schobel at OLB.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                        If the Bills Defense switches to a 3-4, it might not be as strong of a defense...i can't even type that with a straight face.
                        lol. Now that is a statement.

Who cares 4-3/3-4 we wont be able to stop anyone.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• chubluv
                          BillsZone bowling team MVP
                          • Jan 2003

what about Coy Wire next to Fletcher in the 3-4 ?

We are in 5th place
                          Clump is on the IR
                          Chubluv average is 167
                          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Negged.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Why not put the biggest, fattest bastards you can find at D-line and all 3 LB positions. Then, put Fletcher at SS, Vincent at FS, McGee and Nate on the corners. Have the fat bastards clog the middle of the field, then let the corners and safeties make the plays on the outside. It's worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X