X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Culpepper Trade Rumors

I dunno if anyone else mentioned this already, but according to some reports the Vikings are looking to unload Culpepper after this season is over...

"Some people think that if Arizona coach Denny Green is able to trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, left, the Vikings might be able to use the Cardinals' 2006 first-round draft pick to trade with San Diego for quarterback Philip Rivers"
    ...from the St. Paul Pioneer Press (Registration Required). (See here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5023618 ) There was also another report recently by ESPN's Chris Mortensen saying that Culpepper could end up with former coach Dennis Green in Arizona after this season is over.

It could all be nonsense, I'm not really sure. But the question is, do you think the Bills should give up AT LEAST a 1st round pick to get Culpepper? Here, he would have a better RB, but probally a worse (definetly not better) O-Line, and a receiving corps that may or may not be better than Minnesota's. (I haven't really seen the Vikings this year without Moss so I don't know how good their receivers are.)

I think it will depend on how our year goes. If JP starts after the bye week and starts performing well, then forget about at least Culpepper. If he stinks it up terribly and continues to pass for under 100 yards, then I think something would need to be done.

Thoughts?
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Culpepper Trade Rumors

Culpepper isn't worth a 3rd rounder the way he's been playing...

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Without protection he sucks. Can't read defenses for crap, and panics. Give him time and he is pretty good, but as soon as protection breaks down he loses it.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

we're as good or better with Holcomb than we'd be with Culpepper. Not worth it at all, especially with this team having so many holes.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Good player, but we have a lot of other needs.

Jon

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

I'd want Culpepper only if Randy Moss comes with him.

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
              Without protection he sucks. Can't read defenses for crap, and panics. Give him time and he is pretty good, but as soon as protection breaks down he loses it.
              If Manning didn't get it last year, Culpepper would have won the MVP award. Culpepper passed for more than 4700 yards, rushed for another 406, and had a TD:Int Ratio of 39:11. Of course, that was with Randy Moss in the lineup (Moss: 13 Games, 13 TD receptions last year)

It's true, Culpepper sucks this year so far. But there's no way that he's that bad. Culpepper did throw 26 TDs to receivers other than Randy Moss last year....If I remmeber correctly, the Vikings have a brand new offensive coordinator and a new scheme. What did you expect him to do? It's only been 6 games so far. IMO, he will improve a lot.

Can't read defenses? I'm not sure about that. The man almost always had a poor defense while he was there too (I know I know, the Bills defense sucks too). But Culpepper is a great player. If we needed to build a team, I would certainly build one around him. (Again, depends how it goes with JP, see my post above).

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

I live in Vikings land, and you should see what happens to him if the rush is on. Not just this year, every year. Even Vikings fans will admit it. That and he fumbles a crapload. Last year he did have a good year, but he had some relapses too.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Don't underestimate the loss of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Jon

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

I always thought Culpepper was way overrated.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                      NJ In The House
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                      Don't underestimate the loss of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.

Jon
                      That's why rumors having him coming to Miami also. But if Tice is fired, look for Linehan to be the Viking HC, if so, Culpepper stays.

I think they win that division still anyway this year.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I think Culpepper would make the Cards offense pretty nasty with Fitz and Boldin.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Culpepper = Bledsoe with more melatonin.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                            I dunno if anyone else mentioned this already, but according to some reports the Vikings are looking to unload Culpepper after this season is over...

"Some people think that if Arizona coach Denny Green is able to trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper, left, the Vikings might be able to use the Cardinals' 2006 first-round draft pick to trade with San Diego for quarterback Philip Rivers"
                            ...from the St. Paul Pioneer Press (Registration Required). (See here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5023618 ) There was also another report recently by ESPN's Chris Mortensen saying that Culpepper could end up with former coach Dennis Green in Arizona after this season is over.

It could all be nonsense, I'm not really sure. But the question is, do you think the Bills should give up AT LEAST a 1st round pick to get Culpepper? Here, he would have a better RB, but probally a worse (definetly not better) O-Line, and a receiving corps that may or may not be better than Minnesota's. (I haven't really seen the Vikings this year without Moss so I don't know how good their receivers are.)

I think it will depend on how our year goes. If JP starts after the bye week and starts performing well, then forget about at least Culpepper. If he stinks it up terribly and continues to pass for under 100 yards, then I think something would need to be done.

Thoughts?
                            WHAT?

Are you frikkin kidding me?

A team with at mediocre at best QB like Holcomb and a green as a leaf QB in Losman should cream themselves at the chance for a QB like Culpepper!

Dante has better scramble and size than McNabb, better accuracy than Vick, and a boatload more talent than Bledsoe.

Guys, lets not go nuts here. Just because a better-days-are-behind-him statue in Bledsoe and a career backup in Holcomb cant get it done here, does NOT mean no one can.

Culpepper is a top 5 QB in this league.

I think he still lacks the most important quality for a SB caliper QB for THIS franchise and thats fiery leadership. But guys, this guy buys you at least 3 games more with his combo of size, scramble-ability, arm, and decision making.

He would be the best starting QB for us since Kelly without a doubt. But he has proven to be erratic as of late.

Lets not forget though that their WR's arent as good as ours and neither is their RB. I could argue that our o-line isnt much worse than theirs either.

And as some of you already said, the
                            o-coord for them sucks

Comment

• MarvLevy
                              Can I get some power to give REP?
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
                              I always thought Culpepper was way overrated.
                              TELL THAT TO PEOPLE WHO HAD HIM ON THEIR FANTASY TEAMS AND CASHED IN YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Comment

Working...
                              X