BillsFever21
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
So we can laugh at you later.

X-Era
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM

I hate Jack Parr, Im in.

Ohh, THAAAAAT JP, Im out.

I think what I have always thought. Set aside his physiacly talent and he has the EXACT attitude that will win us a SB (its the Jim Kelly LB at QB syndrome).

Now, if he plays and develops his physical talent and decision making to where it needs to be we have the PERFECT guy for this team.

But right now, its canna, wanna, mighta........or something

X-Era
10-25-2005, 05:19 PM

By the way, how do I become a card carrying, reb embolded (aka flaming) texted JPD member?

BAM
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
He'll be fine. Not this year though.

BillsFever21
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
By the way, how do I become a card carrying, reb embolded (aka flaming) texted JPD member?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=82998

RedEyE
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
The one thing that I see this kid do that proves to me that he will develop into a decent QB over time, is his ability to feel the pressure in the pocket. The sixth sense that so many of the big QBs all have or had. The ability to feel that kind of pressure on your blind side and pure physical ability cannot be taught. Losman has both, now he just needs to meld technique with talent.

X-Era
10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
The one thing that I see this kid do that proves to me that he will develop into a decent QB over time, is his ability to feel the pressure in the pocket. The sixth sense that so many of the big QBs all have or had. The ability to feel that kind of pressure on your blind side and pure physical ability cannot be taught. Losman has both, now he just needs to meld technique with the talent.

I completely agree. And with so many very young QB's NOT having that and turning out to be great, im still shocked at our benching of him.

G. Host
10-25-2005, 06:52 PM
The reason why he was benched is because he can not control the adrenilin flow yet. For some players (i.e. LBs) this results in stupid penalties, with RBs constantly hitting holes where they do not exist rather than letting play develop and for QBs it is overthrowing players, scrambling rather than moving in pocket (when it exists).

Patience grasshopper - hop before you fly.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
JP will not get better sitting on the bench. He needs to play NOW, so that he can be an effective QB next season, and a star beyond that.

ScottLawrence
10-25-2005, 07:11 PM
I personally think he sucks, and will always suck.

RedEyE
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
The reason why he was benched is because he can not control the adrenilin flow yet. For some players (i.e. LBs) this results in stupid penalties, with RBs constantly hitting holes where they do not exist rather than letting play develop and for QBs it is overthrowing players, scrambling rather than moving in pocket (when it exists).

Patience grasshopper - hop before you fly.

You nailed it. He wants so bad to be so good that he over compensates and over thinks everything. He just needs to settle down and react.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2005, 07:41 PM

I'll agree with that.

Nothing but a Bust in my book. Yeah, I know, 4 games.

Philagape
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM

Thank you for that well-supported, substantial insight.

X-Era
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM

ROFL! :funny:

X-Era
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
You nailed it. He wants so bad to be so good that he over compensates and over thinks everything. He just needs to settle down and react.

I really hope thats it. I think you guys might be right.

In fact it could explain the Houston game, other than them sucking. It was his first game and he didnt know enough yet to think, just had to throw.

The guy probably got a long list of "you should have done this" from MM and SW. Then the next game, he gets too damn intense trying to be the best now and starts overthinking. He probably sitting back there working out the scenarios in his head rather than just reacting and throwing.

TigerJ
10-25-2005, 10:30 PM

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm hopeful he'll settle down and turn into an effective QB, but I can't honestly say I'm sure he will be. I'm with Jan, I want the Bills to start him if/when the Bills slip out of realistic playoff contention.