PDA

View Full Version : Vanek Hopes Returning to ROC Provides Lift...

SkateZilla
10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=412510

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- You may not see it, but Sabres rookie Thomas Vanek is hoping it goes away soon.

After a highly successful preseason, Vanek has yet to shed the proverbial monkey off his back, as he continues to search for that elusive first career NHL goal.

Now, Vanek's hoping a trip to his old stomping ground in Rochester on Wednesday, where Buffalo will take on the Washington Capitals in a "home" game, just might do the trick.

mchurchfie
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
I thought he got sent back down to Rochester when I first read this.:phew:

qcsabresfan84
10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm really excited about Vanek. I can see him being in the top 15 of NHL forwards by next year. He plays so well, i'm very surprised he hasn't scored yet.

mchurchfie
10-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm really excited about Vanek. I can see him being in the top 15 of NHL forwards by next year. He plays so well, i'm very surprised he hasn't scored yet.
I concur...Vanek is the REAL deal. It's just a matter of time before he goes on a scoring roll.:coocoo:

AndreReed83
10-26-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't know if it is that article or another one, but it is about the "slump" Vanek is in regarding goals. Some slump, he leads the team in assists!

mchurchfie
10-26-2005, 01:30 AM
I don't know if it is that article or another one, but it is about the "slump" Vanek is in regarding goals. Some slump, he leads the team in assists!
Playmaker!!:coocoo: :coocoo:

SkateZilla
10-26-2005, 01:32 AM
the way Washingtons Defens is playing he might get 2 along with briere...