PDA

View Full Version : The basic difference between Miller and Biron....

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 08:13 AM
is that Miller makes better decisions handling the puck. Marty seems to have at least one trainwreck bad decision per game that costs him a goal about every other time. Miller seems to know what he wants to do with the puck. As far as pure goaltending skills, both are about the same, but the handling of the puck is the big difference.

Ebenezer
01-13-2003, 08:41 AM
The Sabres win with Miller in the net...says enough for me.

Buffarama
01-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Miller looks quicker, Biron looks tired and shaky.
Miller anticipates where the puck is going better than Biron. Biron is always caught reacting late instead of being ready.
That goal he gave up centered in front of the net, he never saw the guy there before the pass came, he didn't react to it. Miller does, that's what makes him better.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 09:40 AM
I've been saying for months now that Lindy has played Biron too much. Maybe now he can get a bit of a rotation going with the two of them.

Buffarama
01-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Lindy does it over and over every year :)

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 09:52 AM
When is he going to realize Hasek isn't here anymore?

Sabre Ally
01-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Who's Hasek?
:D

Ebenezer
01-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Hasek-It's one of those things you put your feet on when you are sitting in an easy chair.

Twistmyarm
01-13-2003, 02:24 PM
I thought that was an ottoman?

I thought "Hasek" was the preffered profanity to be used when pulling one's groin..

Son of a b**** I pulled my freakin Hasek!!!

I could be wrong though

Sabre Ally
01-13-2003, 02:49 PM
:lol:

BironsGirl43
01-13-2003, 03:04 PM
I disagree, I like the way Biron handles the puck.. he also has a great shot and can pass to the players creating more flow to a game.. sometimes he gets me nervous because he tries to do a lot to help the team out.. but I think he's fine with it and he's always in good position to make the save. I don't think Miller is much better in any regards.. maybe in the future he will be.. not right now! And to say the Sabres win with Miller in net is unfair.. because the Sabres have struggled and have lost games despite Biron's great goaltending (ie. getting shut out by the opposition).. and there are some nights when Miller is just average and makes like 1 big save and the team wins because they score some goals.. It isn't totally accurate to say that it is all because of him.. perhaps the players/scorers have woken up.. and decided to play regardless who is in net.. I don't think that Miller is the reason they win..... it's a combination of things.. and guess what.. the Sabres won their last game in Montreal with Biron in net!! Surprise??

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 03:06 PM
I agree with you that Miller is not the sole reason they win with him in the net, but you have to admit, about once a game Marty makes a pure bonehead move with the puck.

BironsGirl43
01-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Well, I don't think it happens that often.. but it does happen and he's getting better with that.. but it's funny and always nervewrecking when he does that.. it makes for more entertaining games...... I hate the way the puck bounces off the glass at times.. that can get him into a lot of trouble and has in the past.. at least he's active and doesn't look as though he's sleeping in his crease

Ebenezer
01-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Marty was so desperate to score a goal with 3 seconds left the other night that he nearly bounced the puck in off a defensemen and almost cost the Sabres a win.

BironsGirl43
01-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Marty was so desperate to score a goal with 3 seconds left the other night that he nearly bounced the puck in off a defensemen and almost cost the Sabres a win.

I thought it was cool that he was going for it.. he knew what he was doing.. and that guy shouldn't have been standing there.. lol.. it wouldn't have gone in

If it had.. it wouldn't have costed them a win (a point maybe) I'm sure even if it had finished 3-3 in regulation.. Sabres would have scored another quick one in OT...

Ebenezer
01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43

I thought it was cool that he was going for it.. he knew what he was doing.. and that guy shouldn't have been standing there.. lol.. it wouldn't have gone in

If it had.. it wouldn't have costed them a win (a point maybe) I'm sure even if it had finished 3-3 in regulation.. Sabres would have scored another quick one in OT...

Lots of assumptions there....:hammer:

BironsGirl43
01-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah but I'm just optimistic and felt things would have worked out regardless.. and it didn't cost us a goal so WHO CARES.... lol

Sabre Ally
01-13-2003, 04:18 PM
I like Marty a lot, but he does have a tendency to forget that he's Marty Biron and not Marty Brodeur. He should leave the puckhandling to the skaters and keep his cute butt in the crease.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2003, 06:33 PM
I think that Miller is a much more active goalie than Biron. Biron seems sluggish and slow at times. I feel Miller is our man for years to come.

SkateZilla
01-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Biron Looks outta shape.

Make his ass do laps at practice. :)

other than that its still the same Biron that Led the team to 35-35-x-x last year

SkateZilla
01-13-2003, 10:44 PM
btw
2.54 GAA for Both Biron and Miller

.900 SV% for Miller
.901 For Biron.

also be sure lindy will bench his ass for that lil stunt that almost cost him the game
the only reason we didnt los e is he scratched friggin Rob Ray and brought in Boulton

Ray has Gotten over 40 Minutes in penalties in 2 games.

Nuff said he needs to chillout from the sidelines.

Sabre Ally
01-13-2003, 11:08 PM
Boulton isn't that much of an improvement, but at least he draws a penalty once in awhile instead of just collecting them. He at least tries to play hockey, too. I'm beginning to agree with Bduff on this one, Rayzor just plain can't do anything but fight.

Earthquake Enyart
01-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Ray doesn't even fight that much anymore. Boulton takes on all comers.

BironsGirl43
01-14-2003, 02:31 PM
OMG.. I don't know what you guys are talking about.. Slow and sluggish? Umm he hadn't played since the 30th and I thought he looked great.. he wasn't slow or sluggish.. maybe we weren't watching the same game or goalie for that matter... Biron plays for the Sabres.. he wasn't sent down to Rochester.. that is Mika Noronen!

lol@sabre ally.. cute butt.. hehe

SkateZilla
01-14-2003, 04:49 PM
oh yeah
Mika Hasnt Won an AHL Game Yet Either :)

0-4-2

Rochester Wants Miller Back :)

they Cant Have him. The Sabres Need him to get back in play off contention

Rochester is Fine.

Ebenezer
01-15-2003, 07:41 AM
I'll repeat...the difference is the team wins will Miller. 1-0 shutout.

Twistmyarm
01-15-2003, 12:32 PM
well according to Lindy, "if one of the goalies pitches a shutout they will start the next game"

so let's see if he stands by his word and plays him against the Sharks or if he goes back to his "we are gonna rotate them" stance.

I think the bottom line is we are gonna see some great goaltending over the next few months as Miller really wants it and now Marty has to worry about being the "Big Dog in the twines" or the "Back-up on the pines"