PDA

View Full Version : If you want to know what is happening with the Pats this week...

Ickybaluky
10-26-2005, 11:04 AM
... there is only one place to go:

Mike Reiss excellent blog on Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/)

The guy does a great job.

You should go there just to read how Belichick describes the Bills to open his press conference:

“We’re into Buffalo, full speed ahead here. As we know, they are a very fast-starting team, they have the biggest point differential in the league in the first quarter [40 points scored, 7 allowed]. They’ve been able to get on top. I think in a lot of ways, I think this team is starting to be reminiscent of Pittsburgh, the way [head coach] Mike [Mularkey] has built it. Defensively, they are a pressure-oriented team. Offensively, they do a lot of the same things Pittsburgh does in terms of running the ball, establishing a power running game. A four- or five-wide receiver type passing game. There are a lot of similarities to what you see with the Steelers. Outstanding on special teams. They led the league on special teams last year and they’re right there again. The can kick it, cover it and return it. So they’re pretty strong in all phases of the game. With [quarterback Kelly] Holcomb in there, he’s given them a very high completion percentage. They’ve been able to move the ball –- they lead the league in drives over 10 plays. They’ve been able to take the ball and move it the length of the field. They’re consistent, convert third downs, run the ball, keep it away from the other team. I think they’ve played in recent weeks. It’s a division game, so it’s a big week for us to have our best week of preparation and be ready to go against a good, physical football team that’s playing well in all three areas of the game right now.”

And people say Belichick isn't funny.

Devin
10-26-2005, 11:09 AM
He has a hell of a sense of humor thats for sure.

"It’s a division game, so it’s a big week for us to have our best week of preparation and be ready to go against a good, physical football team that’s playing well in all three areas of the game right now.”

Who the F is he referring to?

madness
10-26-2005, 11:14 AM
The bastard always does that. Hypes up the team, then he kicks the **** out of them to make him look better.

He's an egotistical maniac.

Captain Obvious
10-26-2005, 11:49 AM
How is BB able to say all that with a straight face, and not smirk or chuckle from time to time? I can't wait to see the transcripts from his PC when the Patriots play the New Orleans Saints.

colin
10-26-2005, 12:05 PM
it is nuts how good we are on some long drives and in the start of games, but just fall apart.

it doesn't make any sense, we certainly can't come from behind.

i would be happy to see us score 10 points in the second half this sunday. even if we lose, just to see us do something

jamze132
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
He will be pissing his pants laughing so hard during halftime.

Drive 4 Five
10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Mike Reiss excellent blog on Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/)
You should go there just to read how Belichick describes the Bills to open his press conference:
“We’re into Buffalo, full speed ahead here. As we know, they are a very fast-starting team, they have the biggest point differential in the league in the first quarter [40 points scored, 7 allowed]. They’ve been able to get on top. I think in a lot of ways, I think this team is starting to be reminiscent of Pittsburgh, the way [head coach] Mike [Mularkey] has built it. Defensively, they are a pressure-oriented team. Offensively, they do a lot of the same things Pittsburgh does in terms of running the ball, establishing a power running game. A four- or five-wide receiver type passing game. There are a lot of similarities to what you see with the Steelers. Outstanding on special teams. They led the league on special teams last year and they’re right there again. The can kick it, cover it and return it. So they’re pretty strong in all phases of the game. With [quarterback Kelly] Holcomb in there, he’s given them a very high completion percentage. They’ve been able to move the ball –- they lead the league in drives over 10 plays. They’ve been able to take the ball and move it the length of the field. They’re consistent, convert third downs, run the ball, keep it away from the other team. I think they’ve played in recent weeks. It’s a division game, so it’s a big week for us to have our best week of preparation and be ready to go against a good, physical football team that’s playing well in all three areas of the game right now.”

Ol' Billy is FAR too kind. What he meant to say is that we TRY to play like the Steelers BUT are nowhere near the team that Pittsburgh is and since we always manage to whip on Pittsburghm pretty good, we are going to beat the holy hell out of mini Pittsburgh. Nothing like the yearly thrashing of the Buffalo Bills to get our struggling Patriot team back on track. Seems like alot of teams like to use us as a stepping stone towards greatness. The Patriots are no exception. I already feel ill and it is only Wednesday for crissakes.

sba
10-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I wish Mularkey sounded like that in his press conferences.

DynaPaul
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM

I wouldn't say he's trying to be funny but he is referring to the HYPOTHETICAL Bills team. He's referring to the team that we are SUPPOSED to be but AREN'T. We were told that's how this season was going to be but it hasn't panned out that way except for the few wins we had. No doubt he'll prepare his squad to face just such a threat but it's doubtful that this team will show up come Sunday night. Hey, I could be wrong but with the cards laid out on the table the way they are we're going to need a trump card or face a good ass-kicking.