PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Coordinator

jamze132
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
I think one of the biggest problems on this football team is Tom Clements. It just seems to me that he prepares all week just for the first drive. He has all week to get the first drive scripted and it is effective. But after the gloves come off, it's like a light turns out in his head and we shut down. Can anyone explain why we are so effective on our first drive and so ineffective the majority of the rest of the game?

Jan Reimers
10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Clements' playcalling has been predictable, conservative and lacking in imagination. And those are their GOOD points.

Mudflap1
10-26-2005, 01:16 PM
The other team adjusts, and then we don't. Bad coaching.

Jon

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Our offensive coordinator is just that. Offensive.

OpIv37
10-26-2005, 01:23 PM
because we have Willis but we throw on 3rd and 1. And 2nd and 7. And First and 10. And Willis goes in motion and lines up as a receiver. It's like Gilbride all over again.

We need to pound McGahee more, THEN start using the pass.

And I agree with Mudflap- our coaches have been terrible with mid-game adjustments. Last year, our D was great at it- we shut teams down completely in the second half. This year, neither side of the ball is doing well.

The only way we'll beat NE is if McGee scores a touchdown every time he returns a punt or kickoff.

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2005, 01:26 PM
The only way we can beat NE is if we put ten gallons of ex-lax into their gatorade.

And even then, I'd put the odds at 2-1.

Mudflap1
10-26-2005, 01:28 PM
It's hard to pound the ball and play-action pass when you have no line...

It's like a vicious cycle, created by our mastermind Front Office.

Jon

bigbub2352
10-26-2005, 01:41 PM
i think it is hilarious that we score on the first drive of every game then we can't do anything else, last time i checked willis can run to the outside, screens work, and so do counters and misdirection and rolling out and playaction, i could sit in the stands on sun at oak and predict what they were doing with alarming consistancy i played alot of ball in my day including college so i do know the game, not trying to credit myself but discredit there play calling!