PDA

View Full Version : My take on Charlie Weis

Earthquake Enyart
10-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Living near Chicago and South Bend, I see and hear Charlie Weis all the time on TV and radio. He comes off as extremely intelligent and sure of himself.

The more I hear him, the more I wonder how you could interview a knowledgable man with a distinct plan like this and not hire him.

I think TD's final legacy will be the fact that he interviewed John Fox, Weis, and Mavin Lewis and hired Manboobs. Then he fired Manboobs, interviewed Weis, Crennel, and Fassel and hired Mealy Mouth. He passed over many people who turned out to be successful to hire losers.

justasportsfan
10-26-2005, 02:49 PM
He passed over many people who turned out to be successful to hire losers.I think his criteria was whoever can say "yes sir " the loudest , get's the job.

Pride
10-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Living near Chicago and South Bend, I see and hear Charlie Weis all the time on TV and radio. He comes off as extremely intelligent and sure of himself.
The more I hear him, the more I wonder how you could interview a knowledgable man with a distinct plan like this and not hire him.
I think TD's final legacy will be the fact that he interviewed John Fox, Weis, and Mavin Lewis and hired Manboobs. Then he fired Manboobs, interviewed Weis, Crennel, and Fassel and hired Mealy Mouth. He passed over many people who turned out to be successful to hire losers.

Very good Post

Novacane
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
We're going to regret passing on Weis for years.

Earthquake Enyart
10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
We're going to regret passing on Weis for years.
And Fox, and Lewis, and by the looks of things Crennel too. :ill:

The King
10-27-2005, 07:54 AM
We just need a no nonsense coach.

MikeInRoch
10-27-2005, 08:01 AM
We are also going to be happy that Weis is no longer on New England's staff for years to come...

PromoTheRobot
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Hindsight is great, but I would have been uncomfortable with a guy whose loyalties were with Bill Belichick for years. If we lost to the Pats, there would always be this cloud of whether Weis was cutting his old boss some slack. In fact, I'm willing to bet that Weis would not have taken a job with Buffalo out of loyalty to Belichick.

You have to realize, Buffalo is not a dream destination for many folks. Marvin Lewis pretty much came out and said Buffalo, as a city, sucked. The Parcells, Johnsons, and Sabans of the coaching world are NOT lining up at One Bills Drive.

PTR