PDA

View Full Version : DevilPaul's Week 8 Picks

DynaPaul
10-26-2005, 06:41 PM
It's that time again, last week was bad at 7 -7. I got killed by those last minute victories by the Giants, Eagles, Lions, and Vikings. I'm 41 - 29 since I started this whole BS. Hopefully this week will be different!

Arizona at Dallas: The real Drew is starting to show up again but even the Cowpokes won't lose to a weak Cardinals team. Dallas.

Chicago at Detroit: It looks like Jeff Garcia is back, if I'd known he was playing last week I would have picked the Lions. This week I will. Detroit.

Cleveland at Houston: I'm feeling lucky, I said I wouldn't pick them again but I'm being suckered back in again. Houston.

Green Bay at Cincinnati: The Bengals got schooled and the Pack fell apart against the Love Boat Crew last week. I'm looking for the Bengals to get back in it this week. Cincinnati.

Jacksonville at St. Louis: The Rams are banged up and missing their coach. The Jags are getting healthy again and coming off a bye week. Jacksonville.

Minnesota at Carolina: The Love Boat Crew might have pulled one over on John Madden's butt boy Brett Favre but they're facing a rested Panthers team at home now. Carolina.

Oakland at Tennessee: Well the Faders can celebrate another victory this week but they'll still have a losing record. Oakland.

Washington at N.Y. Giants: They won't whoop them as bad as the 49ers but they'll still win. No late game comebacks for Eli this time. Washington.

Kansas City at San Diego: This is a toughie and sure be a great game but I like the Chargers at home who are no doubt fired up after letting the game slip away last week versus a mediocre Eagles team. San Diego.

Miami at New Orleans: I think the Fish can take this one. Look for some good power running by Brown against a porous Saints defense. Miami.

Philadelphia at Denver: No late game comebacks by the Eagles or late game losses by the Broncos this week. Denver.

Tampa Bay at San Francisco: The Bucs shouldn't have a problem against this pansy team. Tampa Bay.

Buffalo at New England: Our beloved Bills have had a series of recurring nightmares about Gillette Stadium during the evening. They'll keep coming back unless something is done. Perhaps some medication? New England.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh: The Ravens beating the Steelers at Heinz? No way. Pittsburgh.

I'm out like Zubaz pants and mullets!

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm going to once again take too much time to decide these picks this week DP
There are some gimmies, but then there are them damn too close to call ones

I"LL BE BACK

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey I like to start this weeks pick off by pasting this quote and stat I found
NFL FACTOID
This past Sunday(Week 7) there were five games that featured teams coming back from seven-point-or-more deficits in the fourth quarter to win in regulation -- the most such games in NFL history on a single day. The teams to perform the feat: Minnesota, New York Giants, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Seattle.
That would have helped me if a few of them didn't win BASTARDS
No wonder I don't have a paying job for this football stuff
Here are my stats after 7 weeks on one of the many pools I participate in. Obviously It's the pool I'm doing the best in.
week 1 7/16
week 2 9/16
week 3 8/14
week 4 13/14
week 5 9/14
week 6 10/14
week 7 7/14
WEEK 8
ARI-DAL DALASS I feel this is one of the tough match ups. I wanted to go with Arizona, but other than there awesome WR core their running game blows. A silly stat I seen was that ARI is 0-5 on turf for the last five games they played. SCREW STATS, but I thought it was funny
CHI-DET CHICAGO Here is the other tough call. I went against Chicago last week and should have picked them, but this week is not at Soldier Field. HMMM Thomas is playing pretty good. I'm going out on a limb and for these picks I'm going for The rookie QB and CHICAGO
CLEV-HOUS CLEVELAND You know Houston will win at least one. Will it be this week? I hope not
GB-CINCY CINCY I can't see oldman FARVE beating this team. Cincy has something to proove after their humble loss to Pittsburgh
JACKS-STL JACKS Coming off a bye week. St Louis got so damn lucky last week due to NO and Hassletts dumb trick play calling that backfired I believe all times
MIA-NO MIAMI I hate the fish, but I think THEY CAN DO IT
MIN-CAR CAROLINA BORING
OAK-TEN OAKLAND Screw the OAKTOWN &^&%%, but I think they gots some pimp in their step after our embarrassing loss. Career game for Jordan showed the nation the dog can play
WASH-NYG WASHINGTON A come from behind win last week and Wash played the sorry Niners, but no matter what I think this will be a awesome game with washington squeezing it out. Can they stop Moss
KC-SD SD UM Lets say LT is PISSED. Big J and Johnny Holmes won't equal doo doo
PHL-DEN DENVER Man me and my mile high air theory will come true one game or another. These two teams are totally the opposite. Eagles rank high in pass and suck real bad in the run, and Den sucks at the pass other than smith, but kick butt on the run
TB-SF TB Not one for the term a "NO BRAINER"
BUF-NE NE Proove me wrong Buffalo I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA. MAYBE JUST MAYBE IF YOU RUN THE GOD^&*%% BALL MORE THAN !^ TIMES THIS WEEK YOU (*&*)^ IDIOTS> TAKE CHANCES AIR THE *&(^*&&* BALL OUT! FOR A CHANGE. AND DEFENSE YOU ^*&^*&^%* BETTER STOP THE ^&*^* RUN
BAL-PIT PITT Screw Jamal Lewis prime time statistic. He is a freakin criminal Go Steelers
So lets see DEVIL PAUL
How do we match up for week 8
ari-dal both DALASS
chi-det split Paul Detroit me Chicago
cle-hous split Paul Houston me Cleveland
gb-cincy both cincy
jack-stl both Jacks
miami-no both Miami
min-car both carol
oak-tenn both OAk
wash-nyg both Wash
kc-sd both SD
phil-den both Denver
tb-sf Both TB
buff-ne Both NE
balt-pitt Both PIT
SO DEVIL PAUL Good Luck
We have two splits between us with the interesting call for you picking Houston finally coming away with one against Cleveland and me still thinking they lose even at home
Then we have the Damn DA Bears again as a split this week it's me giving them love and you giving garcia Love Hey he likes that LAMO :lmao:
Kidding Man
No all we need is the infamous Doomsday Virus, LEXWHAT, and the other high Roller GUNZLINGER
PEACE -n- HAIRGREASE :afro:
I'm off like a Prom Dress
Sorry Devil Paul I had to steal your ending you picks with a catchy line

OpIv37
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
For the record, Tom Brady has taken over for Brett Favre as "John Madden's butt boy"

doomsdayvirus
10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
i've posted my picks for this week in a new more generic thread:

post your week 8 picks

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1217274#post1217274

enjoy!

DynaPaul
10-27-2005, 04:23 PM
SO DEVIL PAUL Good Luck
We have two splits between us with the interesting call for you picking Houston finally coming away with one against Cleveland and me still thinking they lose even at home
Then we have the Damn DA Bears again as a split this week it's me giving them love and you giving garcia Love Hey he likes that LAMO :lmao:
Kidding Man
No all we need is the infamous Doomsday Virus, LEXWHAT, and the other high Roller GUNZLINGER
PEACE -n- HAIRGREASE :afro:
I'm off like a Prom Dress
Sorry Devil Paul I had to steal your ending you picks with a catchy line

Good luck to ya CVTBF! Hopefully we all do better this week.