PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Kennedy Calls Out Willis.....

Mahdi
10-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Although its not a great article, I like how Linc calls out Willis at the end of it, I agree with him too, Willis should prove he's the best back before running his mouth about it.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9003575

chubluv
10-26-2005, 08:50 PM
How can he prove it if they are only gonna give him the ball 16 times ?

RedEyE
10-26-2005, 08:53 PM
How can he prove it if they are only gonna give him the ball 16 times ?

I agree. 16 carries for 50 yards isn't necessarily bad. This Bills offense doesn't know what the hell it wants to do.

DraftBoy
10-26-2005, 09:03 PM
I agree. 16 carries for 50 yards isn't necessarily bad. This Bills offense doesn't know what the hell it wants to do.

It aint good either

Mahdi
10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I agree with that point, but even the best backs in the league dont get 30 carries every single game. All I'm saying is that he should let his stats prove that he is the "best" back in the league by the end of the year. And even then, other backs have been doing it, year in and year out, for 16 games, he hasn't.

Tatonka
10-27-2005, 08:40 AM
16 carries for 50 yards = 3.1 yards a carry...

that sucks a fat one.. great backs dont do that against bad defenses.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2005, 08:48 AM
It is hard to get him the ball often when the team is down by 14 in the 4th quarter and only runs about 45-50 plays. Holcomb only threw the ball 27 times.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
He should have just kept his pie hole shut! The Raiders fed off his ignorant, Miami Hurricane, dumb ass super-agent mouth. Did he forget who was on his OL and who was calling the plays?

Novacane
10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Willis needs to learn to either stop running his mouth or back it up with his play when he does

camelcowboy
10-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Willis needs to learn to either stop running his mouth or back it up with his play when he does

Why, remember when fletcher said this defense is going to be better then the 85 bears. Talking crap, they can't back up is the indentity of this team.

Mr B
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Great article. Lincon is right on. He needs to understand Willis and his agent are planning a holdout before next season though.

hydro
10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
I agree with that point, but even the best backs in the league dont get 30 carries every single game. All I'm saying is that he should let his stats prove that he is the "best" back in the league by the end of the year. And even then, other backs have been doing it, year in and year out, for 16 games, he hasn't.

This is true. Look what rookie Ronnie Brown did with just 8 carries, 95 yards!!!

capitolneal
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Great article. Lincon is right on. He needs to understand Willis and his agent are planning a holdout before next season though.

Well I don't think he will hold out Drew R. holds out people he did'nt get the orginal deal for If anything last yr taught high profile people (james, alexander,T.O., Walker) it isn't working I am not worried about him holding out

MGinestre
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
It was a nice article, right until he said LaMont Jordan was one of the "reliable" backs in the league. Yes, he torched the Bills, but give me Willis over LaMont any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Don't you think Linc is a bit of a homer?

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 01:41 PM
It was a nice article, right until he said LaMont Jordan was one of the "reliable" backs in the league. Yes, he torched the Bills, but give me Willis over LaMont any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Don't you think Linc is a bit of a homer?

Absolutely. You took the words right out of my mouth. He "wanted to include" Steven Jackson, too. Wilis has 18 starts and 12, 100+ yard games and that's after many thought he would never run again.

The guy was set up by a question which he answered exactly as he should have. Why would anyone who starts for an NFL team and has the expectations he has of himself, answer any different? Since when do you vote for the competition?

He explained his position nicely on Jim Rome.

This is good, though. Keep calling him out and saying he's second rate. See what happens.

Lexwhat
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
He should have just kept his pie hole shut! The Raiders fed off his ignorant, Miami Hurricane, dumb ass super-agent mouth. Did he forget who was on his OL and who was calling the plays?

Maybe he shouldve kept his mouth shut. But that makes him ignorant? As I said before, Willis IS our offense. And that's it. Your garbage mouth needs to be kept shut.

I would've thought that especialy since you from the south, you would know better than to say stupid sh** about southern city boys. You probally from the suburbs though.

Lexwhat
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM

Yup. I agree with this.

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
that sucks a fat one.. great backs dont do that against bad defenses.Sanders could've done so much better than even w/ our OL.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM

How about this:

LT: 17 carries, 7 yards, ave: 0.41 ypc

I don't think SD's run D is THAT good.

Does LT suck or are backs allowed to have an off game once in a while?

Marvelous
10-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Willis doesn't finish his runs. He still hesitates hitting or finding a hole. I haven't seen his stiff arm since the packers scrimmage. Willis has good stats but they should be better.. I hope he's coachable...

Billzz
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't really hold much stock in pre-game **** talk. Willis is allowed to say what he wants when he wants as long as it dosen't mess up the team as a whole.

Everyone preaches this team dosen't have the killer instinct and since a few people step up and talk about what they think all of the sudden they need to shut up etc. I don't agree with them speaking out and I cringe a bit when I read articles with Willis etc talking smack but I like the idea behind it, confidience in their abilities and a belief they are winners.

Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too. They give 110% from what I can tell every game, the game plan just sucks along with our lines IMO. We get some better line men we have a better chance.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Attmpts/yards/carries
LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249)
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Willis McGahee (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396170)</TD><TD> 154</TD><TD>654</TD><TD>4.2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I for one think that Willis can do all the things LT can if he's given the opportunity and a good O-line.

I know....stats aren't everything, but watching him work on a couple of screen passes Sunday leads me to believe he isn't getting the ball nearly enough in the passing game.

Let Bennie Andeson do what he does best. Let someone through. Then block like a freak in front of the screen.

Billzz
10-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Willis doesn't finish his runs. He still hesitates hitting or finding a hole. I haven't seen his stiff arm since the packers scrimmage. Willis has good stats but they should be better.. I hope he's coachable...

I will give you the stiff arm but if you have ever watched him run that is his style. Your comments are from the post game remarks made by his head coach from what I can tell. Willis has a style that waits for blocks to happen(which hasn't really happened) and holes to open. He is patient which is something most backs are not at his years in the league, watch Willy Parker or Jordan run. Granted they sometime break the huge one catching defenses off guard but more times then not they just wear themselves out where as a patient runner can last the whole game and why Willis does so well when he gets the ball in the later part of 3rd/4th quarter. He has energy left.

You also said you hope he is coachable not sure where you are going with that. What needs to be coached? Only thing I can figure is knowing when to stop waiting and just push forward for a few yards. Please enlighten me because I don't see what he is lacking.

Willis is our star player and our offense atm. There is simply no one else making the consitent plays on the field to convience me otherwise unless our overall schemes just suck that the ball cannot get into the hands of our other weapons.

BAM
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
How about this:

I didn't realize LT sucked so badly.

Mahdi
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
If Buffalo actually manages to get a threatening passing game going, Willis might actually become the best back in the league. LT gets to work off of Brees and Gates, we dont have any other threats at the moment.

Michael82
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Willis is the kind of back that gets his yards towards the end. He may only average 3 yards a carry with 16 carries, give him 10 more, and I bet he would have started to break a couple longer ones and get about 4-5 yards per carry. Mularkey should know that Willis is the kind of back that gets better the more you hand him the ball, it's been noticable every time. You gotta give McGahee 28-35 carries a game. That's the way it is.

Mahdi
10-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Willis is the kind of back that gets his yards towards the end. He may only average 3 yards a carry with 16 carries, give him 10 more, and I bet he would have started to break a couple longer ones and get about 4-5 yards per carry. Mularkey should know that Willis is the kind of back that gets better the more you hand him the ball, it's been noticable every time. You gotta give McGahee 28-35 carries a game. That's the way it is.
I'd say anything over 30 carries is too much. TB wore out Cadillac in a hurry with that approach. 20-30 carries is good along with some catches out of the backfield.

mysticsoto
10-27-2005, 04:27 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Attmpts/yards/carries
LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249)
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="center"><td align="left">Willis McGahee (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396170)</td><td> 154</td><td>654</td><td>4.2
</td></tr></tbody></table>
I for one think that Willis can do all the things LT can if he's given the opportunity and a good O-line.

I know....stats aren't everything, but watching him work on a couple of screen passes Sunday leads me to believe he isn't getting the ball nearly enough in the passing game.

Let Bennie Andeson do what he does best. Let someone through. Then block like a freak in front of the screen.

No way!!! Willis is nowhere near LT in terms of blocking or catching passes!!!

helmetguy
10-27-2005, 04:47 PM
How about this:

I don't think SD's run D is THAT good.

LT DOES play for SD, doesn't he?

Michael82
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Willis sucks with blocking. :ill:

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 06:20 PM
LT DOES play for SD, doesn't he?

lol......errrr.....I meant Philly.:crap:

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 06:22 PM

Blocking, yes. Catching passes? Only because we don't throw him the ball.

MarvLevy
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
did u see lamont jordan hit that hole? fire shot out of his ass...
let me see willis do that!

ParanoidAndroid
10-28-2005, 05:26 AM
did u see lamont jordan hit that hole? fire shot out of his ass...
let me see willis do that!

Give Willis a hole like the ones Jordan was getting and you'll see the same thing. He did it against the Jets.

Marvelous
10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Your comments are from the post game remarks made by his head coach from what I can tell.
No they are not.
i've been buggin since the Tampa game. Don't tell me i'm cheesey and gonna have conviction because i heard someone else say it..

-Willis plays like he's terrified. He can't juke. If comparing him to LT makes ya feel better then so be it. But i stand by my argument that he isn't giving 100% effort..

Billzz
10-30-2005, 05:09 AM
No they are not.
i've been buggin since the Tampa game. Don't tell me i'm cheesey and gonna have conviction because i heard someone else say it..
-Willis plays like he's terrified. He can't juke. If comparing him to LT makes ya feel better then so be it. But i stand by my argument that he isn't giving 100% effort..

I never compared him to LT, somone else did. I compared him to the willis that ran for Miami and the willis that ran the ball for us at the end of last year.

As far as terrified I fail to see how that is even a proper description for his style. Shooting a hole at 100 mph everytime you touch the ball is not a smart thing in the NFL everytime. I recall a announcer quoting the Raiders coaching staff about Jordan and how he still had a back-up mentality because he never let things develop and just hammers thru the first hole he sees.