PDA

View Full Version : TD: "I don't have any patience left"

justasportsfan
01-13-2003, 12:10 PM
"The biggest challenge of course was the salary cap. When Mr. Wilson hired me he explained that he thought it was going to be about a three-year turnaround with the cap. We've been able to make significant progress with it in two years and put ourselves in a pretty good position as we head into this off-season. Those are the things that initially have occupied a lot of our time. It's been enjoyable, it's been fun, and now our team's in a position where hopefully next year we can take that next step and really make it fun for everyone. We've done a lot of the dirty work. As I've told people, I don't have any patience left. Now is the time we've got to reap the benefits of all the work that we've done."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=157148

lordofgun
01-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Good thing because the fans are about out of patience too!

justasportsfan
01-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Fans were patient with Rob, why stop now? :(

Judge
01-13-2003, 12:24 PM
If TD said anything else I'd be worried- winning now, not later, is the only thing that matters in the NFL. Not many teams give the luxury of a 3-year plan anymore, so TD had better produce a playoff team!

LtBillsFan66
01-13-2003, 12:25 PM
NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Thurm, you better look out, TD is after you!! :ontome:

We want fans to feel that when they come here they're in a safe, secure environment for a football game. We still have problems, which we always will with unruly fans, fan behavior, but it's something that we're going to continue to try to address and make it better as we go forward

justasportsfan
01-13-2003, 12:29 PM
We should have the players needed next year. Coaching staff is the biggest question IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2003, 12:30 PM
When he said he's running out of patience, is that a strong hint to GW who is on his last year of the contract or what???

colin
01-13-2003, 12:31 PM
LOG, TD might be talking about YOU!!!

Just watch out man, normally i got your back, but I ain't trying to die.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks EE I will have to watch my back now!!!

SABURZFAN
01-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
When he said he's running out of patience, is that a strong hint to GW who is on his last year of the contract or what???

let Gee Dubya punt on 4th and 2 at the opponents 32 so we can find out.

justasportsfan
01-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

let Gee Dubya punt on 4th and 2 at the opponents 32 so we can find out.

Time for the bills to get the respect we had in the 90's. TD can and will bring that back to the bills. He is the key.

Andrea1234
01-13-2003, 06:26 PM
i hope we can be a playoff team angin like in the 90's and win the SB :) but thats asking to much i think

Buffarama
01-13-2003, 07:24 PM
I think we're throwing away another year with Williams and Gray. I could wish I was wrong, but I don't see it happening with these two.

justasportsfan
01-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Andrea1234
i hope we can be a playoff team angin like in the 90's and win the SB :) but thats asking to much i think

If you think about it, it's not asking too much. We do have a promising O that could be just as potent or as deadly as the bills of the 90's. Moulds(Reed), Henry(Thomas), Josh (Lofton?) , Drew (Kelly). Our OL has the potential to be as good as the Cowboys' OL of the 90's that made Emmit Smith better than he really was.

The difference however is the coaching staff. GW is definitely no Marv Levy but if he is surrounded bu the right people and not rookie coaches we could be a force to deal with.

Another thing is that the AFCE is the most comepetitive div. in the NFL. There are no weak teams anymore. In the 90's the Pats were considered the weakest team in the div. Not anymore. Jets, well they are the team to beat next year. Fins still suck(:D) and we are on the rise.

lordofgun
01-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by colin
LOG, TD might be talking about YOU!!!

Just watch out man, normally i got your back, but I ain't trying to die.

Please stop putting those thoughts in my head! I'm already having nightmares! :injured:

clumping platelets
01-14-2003, 08:48 AM
I got yer six LOG :2guns: