X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

The defense is taking a beating for this season but

When your offense is the third worst in the league ahead of only Houston and San Francisco, You’d have to be a flipping moron to put too much of the blame on the D.

Only ahead of Houston and San Francisco!!!!!!!!! That’s downright embarrassing!!!
    Resign our own guys!
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: The defense is taking a beating for this season but

Originally posted by Patrick76777
    When your offense is the third worst in the league ahead of only Houston and San Francisco, You’d have to be a flipping moron to put too much of the blame on the D.
    Only ahead of Houston and San Francisco!!!!!!!!! That’s downright embarrassing!!!

Not to mention the fact that after 7 games we have the leagues 5th leading rusher with over 650 yards.

Is it even possible to have a 653 yard back who's on pace for 1500 yards and still have the 30th ranked offense? You've got to work hard to get those kind of stats.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Take out Willis's best day and he only has 500 yards (Wys joke)

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        Take out Willis's best day and he only has 500 yards (Wys joke)
        Yeah, then I see a thread here about someone calling Willis out!

That’s the thing with fans. They don’t realize that RB’s don’t go for 140 yards every week. If they did, they’d finish the year with 2240.

If Willis had the game that LT had last week, people here would be saying he’s never going to be a great back and whatnot. They’d be diving off cliffs.

But LT has that game and it’s just a small bump in the road on his way to greatness.

And if I hear one more thing about how great San Diego looks I’m going to scream! Did anyone notice that they are 3-4?????? There’s another team that’s 3-4 right now. Who is that?
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

How the hell is the offense suppose to do anything when the defense can't get itself off the field, The defense does deserve its critisim. Stop the run, Offense needs to run the ball, only unit doing its job is the special teams.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
            How the hell is the offense suppose to do anything when the defense can't get itself off the field, The defense does deserve its critisim. Stop the run, Offense needs to run the ball, only unit doing its job is the special teams.
            I can only hope you’re joking!
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Totally agree. Even though our O sucks the D deserves the blame as well. They are not a clutch unit. I have watched them blow their share of games for us dating back to the romp at KC on SNF 3 years ago or the Jacksonville game last year which in the end cost us the playoffs. They collaspe at the most critical times.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Re: Pat's............comments

No, i don't know what games your watching, but our Defense is making average running back look like superstars. The offense score 17 points, the defense allowed 4 rushing touchdowns on long drives. Including one drive were the raiders gain a first down on third and 5, then was moved back on holding, third and 15 they ran the same play again and picked up the 15 yards. The defense is garbage. The problem is simple, if the bills fall behind they will lose, because the defense can't stop teams from running out the clock. If they have a lead, then the Seconday which is great when teams are forced into throwing has a good chance of beating teams. Front 7 of this defense is deficiant.d

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Re: Pat's............comments

No, i don't know what games your watching, but our Defense is making average running back look like superstars. The offense score 17 points, the defense allowed 4 rushing touchdowns on long drives. Including one drive were the raiders gain a first down on third and 5, then was moved back on holding, third and 15 they ran the same play again and picked up the 15 yards. The defense is garbage. The problem is simple, if the bills fall behind they will lose, because the defense can't stop teams from running out the clock. If they have a lead, then the Seconday which is great when teams are forced into throwing has a good chance of beating teams. Front 7 of this defense is deficiant.d
                  Your 2 for 2!! Your on a roll!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Totally agree. Even though our O sucks the D deserves the blame as well. They are not a clutch unit. I have watched them blow their share of games for us dating back to the romp at KC on SNF 3 years ago or the Jacksonville game last year which in the end cost us the playoffs. They collaspe at the most critical times.
                    We are smack dab in the middle of defensive rankings.
                    -I think all the defense talk about being great makes the defense a bigger disappointment in the eyes of the fans, but if you’re in the middle of the pack and only giving up 19.7 points a game (which also ranks in the middle), You’ve got to expect your offense to pick up some of the slack and put some points on the board.

T.O.P.
                    Someone mentioned how the D can’t get off the field. Sure they can’t get off the field, but when your O is going 3 and out on almost every drive of the game, not only does it wear a D out Physically but it drains them mentally also.

Offense getting all of my blame?
                    In the world of Internet message boards it’s usually all or none. I fully blame the defense for being terrible at stopping the run. But it’s unacceptable to have the 3rd worst offense behind San Fran and Houston when you have Willis McGahee, Eric Mounds and Lee Evans.

4 or 5 plays.
                    If our offense can make just a few more plays, we beat NO and Atlanta. The O was terrible in those games and still we were right in the game.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Thanks, I only hope the D can prove me wrong on Sunday night, but our team even when the defense was great, SUCKS durring prime time.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

We are smack dab in the middle of defensive rankings.
                        -I think all the defense talk about being great makes the defense a bigger disappointment in the eyes of the fans, but if you’re in the middle of the pack and only giving up 19.7 points a game (which also ranks in the middle), You’ve got to expect your offense to pick up some of the slack and put some points on the board.

T.O.P.
                        Someone mentioned how the D can’t get off the field. Sure they can’t get off the field, but when your O is going 3 and out on almost every drive of the game, not only does it wear a D out Physically but it drains them mentally also.

Offense getting all of my blame?
                        In the world of Internet message boards it’s usually all or none. I fully blame the defense for being terrible at stopping the run. But it’s unacceptable to have the 3rd worst offense behind San Fran and Houston when you have Willis McGahee, Eric Mounds and Lee Evans.

4 or 5 plays.
                        If our offense can make just a few more plays, we beat NO and Atlanta. The O was terrible in those games and still we were right in the game.
                        Patrick once again your disapointing me, Defense is middle in the rankings because teams don't need to throw on us because they can run. Their milking the clock. Sometimes a drive that takes 8 mins off the clock can be just as good as a scoring drvie. Last week we were 29th vs the run, and number 1 against the pass. Thats were we get the average rank. If our defense could stop dante Stallworth, or Vick we could have won those games. This defense can't get off the field on third downs.. Listen we are in agreement, offense sucks, Defense sucks. Offense needs to stick with the run. Rest the Defense and control the clock, Defense needs to stop giving up third and long. Maybe if we didn't blitz everydamn play.
                        Last edited by camelcowboy; 10-27-2005, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Only ahead of Houston and San Francisco!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic...simply pathetic.........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Wrong, He’s being closed-minded and lacks vision.

The defense surely deserves a good portion of the blame but based on all the preseason talk about being great, they’re taking way too much heat.

You can’t objectively look at an offense averaging 238 yard and 16 points a game and not think that they deserve a TON of the blame.

By the way, You don’t need glasses, Those are the actual numbers. 238 yards a game. I’m embarrassed to even post it. Especially since Willis accounts for 93 of those yards simply running the ball. That means that the rest of the offense is averaging 145 yards a game. SAD!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

[quote=Patrick76777]We are smack dab in the middle of defensive rankings.

T.O.P.
                              Someone mentioned how the D can’t get off the field. Sure they can’t get off the field, but when your O is going 3 and out on almost every drive of the game, not only does it wear a D out Physically but it drains them mentally also. [quote]

Let me help you out here. Oakland got the ball with over 8 minutes left in the 4th Quarter and I believe we had all of our time outs. We needed to 2 scores to tie the game up. Now I don't believe anybody felt that we were going to do this but we had the time if the D played tough. Instead the Raiders held the ball for over 7 minutes, made us burn all of our time outs and ended up scoring a TD. Did you watch the game? The D sucks. I would have graduated with a minor is statistics from UB but they eliminated it as a major all together. Stats mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X