PDA

View Full Version : Prediction

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 10:38 AM
I predict we'll steamroll right over the Patriots Sunday night.

Just a gut feel. :up:

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm feeling an upset too.

Meathead
10-27-2005, 10:47 AM
in all the years i've been watching football i've noticed when one team gets all the press as if the win is a foregone conclusion many times the "already beaten" team wins.

absolutely NOBODY is giving the bills a chance in hell in the media.

therefore, i predict a 24-21 bills win

BILL$ B@$HER
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
if you guys win it will be real close. patriots coming of a bye its gonna be tough!

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll be generous- 34-10 Patriots. I'm sorry, but this game does not have the atmosphere of an upset. There are simply too many factors working against the Bills.

Lone Stranger
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Most of you must be having a wee bit of the water to believe the Bills have a chance against the Pats. The only issue is the size of the Bills' loss.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I'll be generous- 34-10 Patriots. I'm sorry, but this game does not have the atmosphere of an upset. There are simply too many factors working against the Bills.
Right there is one of the symptoms of an upset, giving the unfavored team zero chance.

lordofgun
10-27-2005, 11:14 AM

You need to take your gut back to the dollar store and get a refund. :D

Tatonka
10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
i will bet any amount of zone bucks that the pats win.. just let me know if you want them.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Right there is one of the symptoms of an upset, giving the unfavored team zero chance.

Disagree. This is like one of those college games where it's like USC vs. Boise State or something like that, and my prediction is that it will look a lot like one. The underdog will keep it close for the first 5-10 minutes, maybe even score first and take a small lead. Then the favored team will come up with a HUGE play (like an 80 yard run, or INT for a TD). The underdog becomes demoralized and the last 50-55 minutes are just a total rout.

The Bills front office is crap. The Patriots front office is the class of the league. It will show on the field.

McGahee420
10-27-2005, 11:29 AM

What about the Pats though, they have a lot of injuries. There offense of line is banged up like ours, Their secondary is hurting bad with harrison, Poole, and gay all hurt. McGinest and Seymour are banged up too. Brushi hasnt been on the field since they got a new coach, and Tom Brady is not 100%. I know we are hurting a little too, but they have a lot of things working agaisnt them also.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
The media is all hyped about Bruschi's possible return. I'm afraid that guy might have a seizure right on national TV. :(

Mr. Miyagi
i will bet any amount of zone bucks that the pats win.. just let me know if you want them.
I'll bet you all of my current zonebucks against yours.

That's 0-0. :D

OpIv37
I'll take this one point by point:

What about the Pats though, they have a lot of injuries. There offense of line is banged up like ours

Our D line SUCKS and the Pats O-line has few big names, meaning their success is more coaching than talent. They will still own us at the LOS

Their secondary is hurting bad with harrison, Poole, and gay all hurt.

We can't protect Holcomb well enough to exploit the deep ball. And last year they won a SB with a wide receiver playing nickel cuz of injuries to DB's. Again, I don't think it will hurt them.

McGinest and Seymour are banged up too.

Seymour is playing and will contribute in an area where the Pats have been uncharacteristically bad this year.

Brushi hasnt been on the field since they got a new coach, and Tom Brady is not 100%. I know we are hurting a little too, but they have a lot of things working agaisnt them also.

If Bruschi's not ready, Bellicheck will only use him in a limited fashion. He's also a smart player who's been around the team all year- it won't be a difficult transition. If Brady's on the field, he's 100%.

Now, factors working against the Bills
-NE always responds well after a loss
-NE always plays well after a bye
-Buffalo struggles on the road, especially in Gillette Stadium
-Buffalo struggles in night games
-Buffalo just got outcoached by NORV TURNER, now we have to play Bellicheck.

This game has "blowout" written all over it .

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 11:41 AM
The media is all hyped about Bruschi's possible return. I'm afraid that guy might have a seizure right on national TV. :(

yeah, as pissed as I am that he chose this game for his comeback, I definitely DON'T want to see that happen. I think the guy's insane for coming back and I hope he sprains an ankle or something minor before he takes a shot to the head and dies.

McGahee420
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll take this one point by point:

Our D line SUCKS and the Pats O-line has few big names, meaning their success is more coaching than talent. They will still own us at the LOS

We can't protect Holcomb well enough to exploit the deep ball. And last year they won a SB with a wide receiver playing nickel cuz of injuries to DB's. Again, I don't think it will hurt them.

Seymour is playing and will contribute in an area where the Pats have been uncharacteristically bad this year.

If Bruschi's not ready, Bellicheck will only use him in a limited fashion. He's also a smart player who's been around the team all year- it won't be a difficult transition. If Brady's on the field, he's 100%.

Now, factors working against the Bills
-NE always responds well after a loss
-NE always plays well after a bye
-Buffalo struggles on the road, especially in Gillette Stadium
-Buffalo struggles in night games
-Buffalo just got outcoached by NORV TURNER, now we have to play Bellicheck.

This game has "blowout" written all over it .

I doubt a blow out by any means, I am glad that everyone is all over the pats nuts and blah blah blah. This team is 3-3 and vulnerble, not to mention first place belongs to the winner. I bet the team is thinking that and what other way to get it by beating the hated Pats in Gillette on National TV. It could be Nasty, but I think it may be surprisingly good. Also, McGee is feeling fine and our special teams is going to score this game. MARK MY WORDS. and that will be the game clincher.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I doubt a blow out by any means, I am glad that everyone is all over the pats nuts and blah blah blah. This team is 3-3 and vulnerble,

There's no doubt in my mind that the Pats are vulnerable this year. But the Bills are so friggin bad that I doubt they can exploit any of those vulnerabilities. And NE always responds well to adversity and pressure situations, of which there are plenty in this game. Buffalo tends to buckle when it really counts (see Pittsburgh last year, Oakland this year).

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
also McGee scored on ST against the Pats last year and we still lost.

McGahee420
10-27-2005, 11:50 AM
also McGee scored on ST against the Pats last year and we still lost.

True, but Mr.Bledsoe was the cause of the game along with Pitt. But whatever. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

24-20 Buffalo, and they do it in championship style

mysticsoto
10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm feeling an upset too.

In your stomach?

Have plenty of Pepto Bismol around. You're going to need it Sunday night...

McGahee420
10-27-2005, 12:26 PM
In your stomach?

Have plenty of Pepto Bismol around. You're going to need it Sunday night...

More like Sunday morning for me, going to be a rough Saturday night:cloud9:

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Dude OpIv if you're any more pessimistic you might have to start selling wing sauce. :down:

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Dude OpIv if you're any more pessimistic you might have to start selling wing sauce. :down:

tell me one thing I said that isn't a fact. You see it as being pessimistic- I see it as stating facts that, through nothing I can control, just are NOT in our favor.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
tell me one thing I said that isn't a fact. You see it as being pessimistic- I see it as stating facts that, through nothing I can control, just are NOT in our favor.

It's already been hashed out over and over. I think what the thread starter was trying to do was have some fun being optimistic.

What do you hope to accomplish by being realistic? What change can you affect?

I think you are one of the better posters on this site, but this time I think you need to stick your blanket in the dryer and let people have some fun.

:peace:

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM

I thought you were always right

I have never been less excited about playing the Dolphins.They're vastly improved and we look like garbage. This game has embarrassment written all over it.

:shakeno:

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes I've heard all of those arguments before.

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Dude OpIv if you're any more pessimistic you might have to start selling wing sauce. :down:He has yet to eat his crow for thinking we would be embarrased by the fins. Maybe he just needs the sauce to do so.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
It's already been hashed out over and over. I think what the thread starter was trying to do was have some fun being optimistic.

an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. I'd rather be realistic and/or pessimistic than add to the disappointment of a loss by optimistically expecting a win.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. I'd rather be realistic and/or pessimistic than add to the disappointment of a loss by optimistically expecting a win.

I agree, but let others be what they want. Right?

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
On the other hand, pessimists will always be too busy being pessimistic to enjoy pleasant surprises.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
He has yet to eat his crow for thinking we would be embarrased by the fins. Maybe he just needs the sauce to do so.

I'll eat crow if we beat them in Miami. I said at the beginning of the season that the fins would take one from us- I may have been wrong about the first game, but there's still one more.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
I agree, but let others be what they want. Right?

sure- I never said anyone had to agree with me. I don't understand why they wouldn't because of all the factors working against us that I already stated, but people are free to do what they want.

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I'll eat crow if we beat them in Miami. I said at the beginning of the season that the fins would take one from us- I may have been wrong about the first game, but there's still one more.Changing your tune, I see .

When you felt the bills were gonna be embarrased by the fins, you made that statement before the miami game.

Well , you were WRONG. Your pessimistic feeling was wrong about Miami. Don't tell me you were being realistic then.

BILL$ B@$HER
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
sure- I never said anyone had to agree with me. I don't understand why they wouldn't because of all the factors working against us that I already stated, but people are free to do what they want.

some people cant be realist like yourself

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 01:13 PM

My point was that this was a thread you could have let go. Your point was already well made in other threads. That's all.

By being pessimistic, I think you are only trying to fool yourself. You know once the game starts, you get pumped up.

Have fun watching some football!!!

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 01:19 PM
My point was that this was a thread you could have let go. Your point was already well made in other threads. That's all.

By being pessimistic, I think you are only trying to fool yourself. You know once the game starts, you get pumped up.

Have fun watching some football!!!

I will get pumped once the game starts, but by being pessimistic I'm trying to lessen the blow.

Last week I was so sure we could beat the Raiders, then we came out and looked like garbage. It was so difficult to watch.

And ever since that game, this has been an awful week- not that it's related to the game, just that the loss was the first in a string of unrelated events that taken together make this a bad week.

Novacane
10-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Let people have fun and live in fantasy land for a couple days OP. Reality will set in about 10pm sunday.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Let people have fun and live in fantasy land for a couple days OP. Reality will set in about 10pm sunday.

alright fine- since this seems to be the general consensus and I've said my piece, I'll shut up about it til after the game. If we win, I'll come back and eat crow.

If we lose, well I won't come back to rub it in. Even if we disagree, we all root for the same team and I'm not gonna kick fellow fans when we're down just to gloat.

Billz_fan
10-27-2005, 01:26 PM
These Bills don't play well on the road. The Bills play poorly in prime time. I don't think this game is winable given the Bills unit I've been watching so far this year. I been following this team for over 30 years and this team is only average at best.

Im optomistic and I will be rooting for them come Sunday. But......they got no real chance. If the game was in Buffalo then I feel different.

Patrick76777
10-27-2005, 01:26 PM
I’d feel better if it were Mikey who had the “gut” feeling!

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I will get pumped once the game starts, but by being pessimistic I'm trying to lessen the blow.
Last week I was so sure we could beat the Raiders, then we came out and looked like garbage. It was so difficult to watch.
And ever since that game, this has been an awful week- not that it's related to the game, just that the loss was the first in a string of unrelated events that taken together make this a bad week.
Same here. When the bills lose, I can't watch any sporting news on TV the whole week. When we win, all I watch is the sportsnews and channels just to get a glimpse of the bills. Then I switch back to the spice channel.

BILL$ B@$HER
10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Same here. When the bills lose, I can't watch any sporting news on TV the whole week. When we win, all I watch is the sportsnews and channels just to get a glimpse of the bills. Then I switch back to the spice channel.

and you call nativefin a fruitcake?

jamze132
10-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I predict that Buffalo will start out strong only to get our hopes up.

justasportsfan
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
and you call nativefin a fruitcake?please explain what the connection is.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I predict that Buffalo will start out strong only to get our hopes up.
Well our first drives have looked good lately.

Turn off the TV after the first quarter and enjoy the victory. :up:

HHURRICANE
10-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Most of you must be having a wee bit of the water to believe the Bills have a chance against the Pats. The only issue is the size of the Bills' loss.

I agree!! This is the prediction and please remember it!!!

Patriots - 38

Bills - 6

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-27-2005, 07:36 PM
McGahee420
I hope your not smoking to much, but man I love the modivation. I would love more than anything to beat the ^*&^&^*^ PAtriots on national TV. I picked NE because I'm a chicken **** fan who has been let down too many times by "Our Bills" Last week I was so sure regardless I knew the potential of Jordan I said man this game is ours, but dude they friggen killed us. Just like the one guy in here said they may get us feeling all nice, warm and fuzzy on possibly their first drive then pow the bottom falls out

I'm so lost to why this season has been like that

last week no different I'm singing the shout song la la la then pow the injuries start then the crap calls the crap plays Jordan busting out Stinking Moss who is 75% gets a touch come on there is someone upstairs who is not in favor of the Bills this year

SO I'm with you 420 LETS GO BILLS
(Under his breath he is saying man that must be some goood shiit)

PLEASE DON"T BOGART THAT STUFF IF THEY DO IN FACT WIN. I WILL PLACE A PHONE ORDER ASAP Because you go the power like Chill Rob G had back in the day. lol

COME ON BILLS
IN MY HEART ITS ALL FOR THEM
IN REALITY I"M ONE LOST FAN

Bill Brasky
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Here's a prediction:

Pats 30
Bills 7

I base that on a few things:

1 - We suck
2 - We suck even worse on the road, especially at NE
3 - The Pats will be riding high off of a bye week and the *possibility" of Bruschi playing
4 - Last 4 prime time appearances = Opponents 119, Bills 18.

We get blown out. Losman is re-instated. He gets two weeks to prepare for our next major let down against KC where he makes their defense look like the '85 Bears.

Turf
10-27-2005, 10:41 PM
28-3 Pats at halftime, if not 31-3. It's gonna be fuggin ugly. Brutal, Ridiculous. Many of you will cease to be fans. That's how freakin bad they're going to get whipped. On national TV, again. In high def agony.
Maybe Grey and Mularky can hide behind TD's skirt.

The Natrix
10-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I have no confidence in the Bills this game.

I won't be as mad as usual if they lose because there is a 90% chance it will happen, IMO.

1. An extra week for NE to prepare
2. AFC East standings are close so NE wants to make a statement
3. Nationally televised game and the Pats thrive in the spotlight
4. At NE

The above four factors spell disaster.

For the Bills to win they will have to play amazing because no way in hell will the Pats come out flat for this one.

Meathead
10-28-2005, 06:38 AM
I’d feel better if it were Mikey who had the “gut” feeling!
i'd feel a lot better if typ0 had a gut feel. that's a lotta gut

Michael82
10-28-2005, 07:55 AM

:lmao:

Michael82
10-28-2005, 07:57 AM
I found a teaser sheet with Buffalo +14 and I still chose the Patriots at -4. :ill:

I think this game is going to be a blowout. I pray that it isnt, but it has everything going for it to be a blowout, especially since it's another primetime game. The Bills suck at night usually. :sigh:

BLOchieF7
10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I see

BLOchieF7
10-28-2005, 08:37 AM
willis runnin all over that d

BLOchieF7
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
and holcomb

BLOchieF7
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
getting it to lee