Willis McGahee on Jim Rome in 5 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Willis McGahee on Jim Rome in 5 minutes

12:30pm est
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • ryven
    • Jan 2003

Re: Willis McGahee on Jim Rome in 5 minutes

what was said?

Comment

• Stewie
      • Aug 2002

he said a few things like

-He wasnt totally confident about his knee until training camp this year
      -the team has faith in jp, but he just needs to calm down and adjust to gamespeed. Kelly Holcomb is doing a better job in the current stiuation so he is in control of that for now, but the team still believes JP is a quarterback that can get them into the playoffs and beyond
      -Last week Willis said he was the best running back case closed because he thinks he can be the best and he believes he is the best. His college injury kept him humble and he worked hard, probably harder than he would have worked if he didn't get hurt.
      -This game is a statement game for the obvious reasons. The team is aware the Patriots are going to come out fired up and play their A game.
      I love Weiner.
      also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
        • Aug 2002

He also talked about having something o prove against the teams that drafted him in the first round because he said some team could have taken a chance on him.

If he's sincere, that's good news for the bills. He should respect that Buffalo took that chance, and he can reciprocate with a hometown discount on his next contract.
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by paulB
          If he's sincere, that's good news for the bills. He should respect that Buffalo took that chance, and he can reciprocate with a hometown discount on his next contract.

Sorry for the reaction, but this is a Miami guy with Rosenass for an agent. The word "discount" isn't even in his vocabulary (well, he went to Miami so there are a lot of words that aren't in his vocabulary. But you get the point).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

i think we have a good shot at re-signing McGahee. We'll have to pay him, but he's worth the money.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
              i think we have a good shot at re-signing McGahee. We'll have to pay him, but he's worth the money.
              Willis or Clements? Take your pick cuz unless TD pulls off some salary cap miracle, at least one of them is gone. The good news is that Willis has at least another year left on his contract, so he'll either hold out or play for his current salary.

If we sign Clements, though, it may limit our hand for dealing with Willis the following year.

Step one: Restructure or cut Mike Williams. He's sucking up $9 million a year for nothing.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Sorry for the reaction, but this is a Miami guy with Rosenass for an agent. The word "discount" isn't even in his vocabulary (well, he went to Miami so there are a lot of words that aren't in his vocabulary. But you get the point).
                I see what you're saying but the public spin and perception has a lot to do with it.

All three parties (player, agent, team) want their main objectives met. For the player thats up front money. For the agent it's total dollar value ("You want to sign with me cause i got Peyton Maning Ten Bajillion Dollars"). The team wants a cap-flexible contract.

Those three things aren't mutually exclusive. It's all about the parties' willingness to work together and get it done.
                I love Weiner.
                also cheese

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by paulB
                  I see what you're saying but the public spin and perception has a lot to do with it.

All three parties (player, agent, team) want their main objectives met. For the player thats up front money. For the agent it's total dollar value ("You want to sign with me cause i got Peyton Maning Ten Bajillion Dollars"). The team wants a cap-flexible contract.

Those three things aren't mutually exclusive. It's all about the parties' willingness to work together and get it done.
                  Great post! Well, I tried, but I have to spread it around. I don't remember the last rep I gave you. I'll make it up....all 3 whopping points. lol

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
                    No he's not. Not if it's top 5 RB money anyways. Nate Clements is worth the money because he is that good. Willis is up & coming but still plays terrified of his knee...
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Williams and Moulds need to restructure. If they refuse, send them packing, save a few dollars and find some serviceable replacements. Lock up McGahee and Clements. Keep the younger guys together.

Comment

• Marvelous
                        • Feb 2004

Jam, do you really see Clements & McGahee as on the same level? I understand that a stud RB is more valuable then a stud CB, but Willis has a long ways to go + Clements is already there.. Watch Willis sunday night. I'm betting he gets shut down hard.
                        GO BILLS!!! NE
                        Magical Trevor

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

I just got my butt kicked for being a southern racist because I made the same point.

Comment

• McGahee420
                            • Jun 2005

Step one: Restructure or cut Mike Williams. He's sucking up $9 million a year for nothing.
                            Cut his ass, he is the biggest and I mean the biggest pussy the NFL has to offer. Every damn game this fat hucker gets hurt. I hate him and he is questionable again this week and didnt practice again today. Passes on Mckinney for his ass, nice move Donahoe

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by McGahee420
                              Cut his ass, he is the biggest and I mean the biggest pussy the NFL has to offer. Every damn game this fat hucker gets hurt. I hate him and he is questionable again this week and didnt practice again today. Passes on Mckinney for his ass, nice move Donahoe
                              Yeah well, I don't see Williams going as TD has too much pride to cut his fourth overall pick. I agree that Williams needs to be making a max of 2 million a year as he is not worth more than that. We could cut his ass and get almost as good a play from Jerman for god sakes and have more scratch to sign other quality players.
                              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                              X