12:30pm est

ryven
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
what was said?

Stewie
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
he said a few things like

-He wasnt totally confident about his knee until training camp this year
-the team has faith in jp, but he just needs to calm down and adjust to gamespeed. Kelly Holcomb is doing a better job in the current stiuation so he is in control of that for now, but the team still believes JP is a quarterback that can get them into the playoffs and beyond
-Last week Willis said he was the best running back case closed because he thinks he can be the best and he believes he is the best. His college injury kept him humble and he worked hard, probably harder than he would have worked if he didn't get hurt.
-This game is a statement game for the obvious reasons. The team is aware the Patriots are going to come out fired up and play their A game.

Stewie
10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
He also talked about having something o prove against the teams that drafted him in the first round because he said some team could have taken a chance on him.

If he's sincere, that's good news for the bills. He should respect that Buffalo took that chance, and he can reciprocate with a hometown discount on his next contract.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
If he's sincere, that's good news for the bills. He should respect that Buffalo took that chance, and he can reciprocate with a hometown discount on his next contract.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry for the reaction, but this is a Miami guy with Rosenass for an agent. The word "discount" isn't even in his vocabulary (well, he went to Miami so there are a lot of words that aren't in his vocabulary. But you get the point).

casdhf
10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
i think we have a good shot at re-signing McGahee. We'll have to pay him, but he's worth the money.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 12:05 PM
i think we have a good shot at re-signing McGahee. We'll have to pay him, but he's worth the money.

Willis or Clements? Take your pick cuz unless TD pulls off some salary cap miracle, at least one of them is gone. The good news is that Willis has at least another year left on his contract, so he'll either hold out or play for his current salary.

If we sign Clements, though, it may limit our hand for dealing with Willis the following year.

Step one: Restructure or cut Mike Williams. He's sucking up $9 million a year for nothing.

Stewie
10-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Sorry for the reaction, but this is a Miami guy with Rosenass for an agent. The word "discount" isn't even in his vocabulary (well, he went to Miami so there are a lot of words that aren't in his vocabulary. But you get the point).

I see what you're saying but the public spin and perception has a lot to do with it.

All three parties (player, agent, team) want their main objectives met. For the player thats up front money. For the agent it's total dollar value ("You want to sign with me cause i got Peyton Maning Ten Bajillion Dollars"). The team wants a cap-flexible contract.

Those three things aren't mutually exclusive. It's all about the parties' willingness to work together and get it done.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I see what you're saying but the public spin and perception has a lot to do with it.

All three parties (player, agent, team) want their main objectives met. For the player thats up front money. For the agent it's total dollar value ("You want to sign with me cause i got Peyton Maning Ten Bajillion Dollars"). The team wants a cap-flexible contract.

Those three things aren't mutually exclusive. It's all about the parties' willingness to work together and get it done.

Great post! :posrep: Well, I tried, but I have to spread it around. I don't remember the last rep I gave you. I'll make it up....all 3 whopping points. lol

Marvelous
10-27-2005, 03:03 PM
No he's not. Not if it's top 5 RB money anyways. Nate Clements is worth the money because he is that good. Willis is up & coming but still plays terrified of his knee...

jamze132
10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Williams and Moulds need to restructure. If they refuse, send them packing, save a few dollars and find some serviceable replacements. Lock up McGahee and Clements. Keep the younger guys together.

Marvelous
10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Jam, do you really see Clements & McGahee as on the same level? I understand that a stud RB is more valuable then a stud CB, but Willis has a long ways to go + Clements is already there.. Watch Willis sunday night. I'm betting he gets shut down hard.

HHURRICANE
10-27-2005, 03:32 PM

I just got my butt kicked for being a southern racist because I made the same point.:teary:

McGahee420
10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Step one: Restructure or cut Mike Williams. He's sucking up $9 million a year for nothing.

Cut his ass, he is the biggest and I mean the biggest pussy the NFL has to offer. Every damn game this fat hucker gets hurt. I hate him and he is questionable again this week and didnt practice again today. Passes on Mckinney for his ass, nice move Donahoe

jpdex12
10-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Cut his ass, he is the biggest and I mean the biggest pussy the NFL has to offer. Every damn game this fat hucker gets hurt. I hate him and he is questionable again this week and didnt practice again today. Passes on Mckinney for his ass, nice move Donahoe

Yeah well, I don't see Williams going as TD has too much pride to cut his fourth overall pick. I agree that Williams needs to be making a max of 2 million a year as he is not worth more than that. We could cut his ass and get almost as good a play from Jerman for god sakes and have more scratch to sign other quality players.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I just got my butt kicked for being a southern racist because I made the same point.:teary:

who said that? I don't care what color his skin is- the fact is that he skated through high school and college by playing football and never had to learn a damn thing. It's typical amongst athletes- black, white or otherwise- and very typical at Miami.

Stewie
10-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Jam, do you really see Clements & McGahee as on the same level? I understand that a stud RB is more valuable then a stud CB, but Willis has a long ways to go + Clements is already there.. Watch Willis sunday night. I'm betting he gets shut down hard.

I would say a stud CB is way, way more valuable than a RB.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I would say a stud CB is way, way more valuable than a RB.

agreed- especially right now. There seems to be a ton of quality backs around the league at the moment.

Captain Obvious
10-27-2005, 08:03 PM
The first time Willis was on the Rome show(I believe before the 2004 season) after the interview, he was roasted by alot of the callers for not being very "articulate". What was the reaction this time around, from jim and the callers after the interview? (I had every intention of catching the interview just plum forgot)

Yasgur's Farm
10-28-2005, 04:12 AM
Both Williams and EMo will costs us big next year regardless of them being with the Bills or not. Williams escalator was converted to signing bonus and EMo's restructure did nothing but move the hit out into the future. Even if we cut or trade these 2, the amotized portion of their bonuses would kill us.

Typ0
10-28-2005, 05:52 AM
The real problem with McGahee's development and performance at this point in my eyes stems from our lack of calling downfield passes in his direction. He's young and can do those things...and he has the speed and hands to get it done. He should be adding a whole other dimension to our offense that not many other teams have...and we just aren't utilizing those tools. Until I see our coaching staff putting McGahee in that position...there just is no way I'm going to hang "he's still got a ways to go" on McGahee. When he becomes a bigger passing threat...it's totally going to change the way defenses play against him which is a huge competetive advantage he should have due to his style of play.

Stewie
10-28-2005, 07:29 AM
The first time Willis was on the Rome show(I believe before the 2004 season) after the interview, he was roasted by alot of the callers for not being very "articulate". What was the reaction this time around, from jim and the callers after the interview? (I had every intention of catching the interview just plum forgot)

Actually, Jim Rome said the same thing: that McGahee did much better the second time around. The first time he was not only a rookie with the Bills but he was a rookie when it came to the press and the 'game' they play. He has had some coaching involving stuff like how to respond to questions with complete sentence answers. :) Gotta love that miami education.

The King
10-28-2005, 07:36 AM
agreed- especially right now. There seems to be a ton of quality backs around the league at the moment.

You're right. Look at it this way though. How does a "quality back" do behind a terrible line. Opposed too how does an "above average back" do behind a terrible line. I think you will find the difference to be dramatic.

Billzz
10-30-2005, 05:14 AM
You're right. Look at it this way though. How does a "quality back" do behind a terrible line. Opposed too how does an "above average back" do behind a terrible line. I think you will find the difference to be dramatic.

LT still ran like a champ and so did Barry S. behind crappy lines and medicore teams. Next?