PDA

View Full Version : post your week 8 picks

doomsdayvirus
10-27-2005, 11:53 AM
this thread re-named to reduced the number of "pick" threads out there. it's no longer just about my picks. post yours here as well!!

########## DOOMSDAY VIRUS PICKS ##########

10-4 again last week, so that's 4 weeks in a row at 71%, not bad, but i'm due for a bad week. this week may be it as i'm picking mostly favorites and home teams.

WASHINGTON @ NEW YORK GIANTS : NEW YORK GIANTS
washington's on a roll, and this should be a hard-fought game in a tightly contested division, but the giants will pull it off at home this week by another slim margin.

GREEN BAY @ CINCINNATI : CINCINNATI
it's hard to see farve letting his packers lose another game, but he can't do it alone. cincinnati isn't as good as they're being made out to be in the press, but green bay just isn't that good.

ARIZONA @ DALLAS : DALLAS
arizona is simply outgunned in this matchup, drew will have plenty of time to throw, and that's all he really needs against the cards at home in that stadium with the stupid roof.

MINNESOTA @ CAROLINA : CAROLINA
minnesota got lucky last week, barely squeaking by a green bay team that's holding up the bottom of the nfc. they'll be too busy basking in the afterglow to do anything against a carolina team fighting for the top at home.

CLEVELAND @ HOUSTON : CLEVELAND
if houston has a chance in the world of winning a game, this would be the one. unfortunately they don't have a chance.

CHICAGO @ DETROIT : CHICAGO
chicago, i'll say it again, is the most underrated team in the nfc. detroit will give them a run for their money, but will still come up short where and when it matters.

OAKLAND @ TENNESSEE : OAKLAND
oakland is pretty psyched to finally have another win, and lamont jordan is a tank. with that kind of momentum they'll easily roll over a titans team that hasn't clicked all season.

JACKSONVILLE @ ST. LOUIS : JACKSONVILLE
st. louis has been hit or miss all season, jacksonville is a team with something to prove, and proved it against pittsburgh at heinz field a couple weeks back. don't look for them to back down just yet.

KANSAS CITY @ SAN DIEGO : SAN DIEGO
this will be another hard fought matchup, but san diego has routed good teams all season. i'm sure they're still steaming over last week's miracle win by philly and aren't about to let another game slip through the cracks.

MIAMI @ NEW ORLEANS : NEW ORLEANS
after getting screwed by the officiating in the final minutes of their last two games, new orleans will finally get a break this week against a miami team that loves to have the yellow flag thrown at them.

TAMPA BAY @ SAN FRANCISCO : TAMPA BAY
the 49'ers could save tampa a lot of money on travel expenses by just forfeiting this game now.

PHILADELPHIA @ DENVER : DENVER
philly got lucky last week, denver got unlucky, i'm calling a role-reversal this week in mile-high stadium.

BUFFALO @ NEW ENGLAND : NEW ENGLAND
maybe if i call this game for new england the bills will pull out a win. i don't see how i could be wrong on this one, but i hope i am.

BALTIMORE @ PITTSBURGH : PITTSBURGH
pittsburgh at home under the lights against a struggling baltimore team.

Season & Weekly Record
------------------------------
WK 1......8/16...(8-8)....50%
WK 2......6/16...(6-10)...38%
WK 3......6/14...(6-8)....42%
WK 4.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 5.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 6.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 7.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
Season...60/102..(60-42)..59%

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-27-2005, 12:13 PM
week 1 7/16
week 2 9/16
week 3 8/14
week 4 13/14
week 5 9/14
week 6 10/14
week 7 7/14

WEEK 8

these include Me, Devil Paul , and Doomsday

ari-dal all picked DALASS
chi-det split Devil Paul Detroit Me & Doomsday pick Chicago
cle-hous split Devil Paul Houston Me & Doomsday Cleveland( I seen lots of the pro's picking Houston)
gb-cincy we all pick cincy
jack-stl all picked Jacks
miami-no both Devil Paul and I Miami Doomsday picks NO
min-car all for carol
oak-tenn We all picked OAk
wash-nyg both Devil Paul and I pick Wash Doomsday picks NYG
kc-sd all picked SD
phil-den Alol of us pick Denver
tb-sf All of us picked TB
buff-ne SORRY BUFFALO WE ALL PICK NE
balt-pitt ALL FOR PIT

CanaanVtBillsFan
10-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Well
This post is before the Bills game
as it stands
Devil Paul and Doomsday Virus out played my picks
CVTBF=7-5
DPaul=8-4
Doomsday 8-4
No matter what happens you guys picked better than I
We all picked NE and Pittsburgh

Man this week again crazy Hats off to you Doomsday for the NYG pick
I *&^*&^*& can't believe it
Like a freaking idiot I had Moss,Brunell and Portis for FFB

UUGGHH!

PEACE

doomsdayvirus
11-01-2005, 09:06 AM
i don't know how it happened but i went 10-4 this week as well, that makes 5 in a row.

i should have went with my gut instinct and picked houston. i'm a bit surprised that st. louis and miami won, but wouldn't have changed those picks. and who could have seen tampa losing at san francisco?!