PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Ted Cottrell on ESPN this Weekend?

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2003, 01:34 PM
They did the story on the lack of minority head coaches, and Teddy said that he felt that he didn't have a true shot at the Bills job. He didn't come out and call TD & co. racist, but he got as close as you could get.

DIHARD2
01-13-2003, 01:53 PM
That was no way to break the barrier. If nothing else he got the good old boys POed.

I think he would make an excellent head coach if the right team was there. Donohoe is trying to move us in a complete different direction from what I see. He wants youth for long jeopardy at the top, and having the cap healthy as well. I think Donohoe wants to be able to plug-in pros. in key positions like Bledsoe at quarterback.

Donohoe needs a coach who can grow with the team and is looking at the future not the lets win it today and let the future take care of itself mindset, I think that's why he didn't get the job.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Cottrell would've been good though. He knew most of the players well, understood the system, and the players would rally behind him. Defense is really what wins the game. GW was supposed to be this defensive mastermind, but what's he showing now???

Novacane
01-13-2003, 03:21 PM
I wish I would have seen that. If TC hinted racism was involved I would be dissapointed in him. I do agreee that he did not have a real shot at the job but not because of racism. I don't think TD wanted any old Buffalo coachs as HC. TD should not get any racist BS thrown his way. Thats wrong of TC. What other team has interviewed 2 black canidates for the job? Lewis could have had it if he had not been a big jerk about it. Shame on TC!

lordofgun
01-13-2003, 03:25 PM
No way TD is racist! Just look at how hard he campaigned for Pittsburgh to keep Kordell Stewart as their starter...er....uuuuhhh....crap. :ontome:

SABURZFAN
01-13-2003, 03:52 PM
i hate it when people use "the race card."

casdhf
01-13-2003, 04:06 PM
He's a very large man, must have ate alot of sour grapes.

shelby
01-13-2003, 06:51 PM
i think Teddy would make an excellent head coach.:up:

Novacane
01-13-2003, 07:21 PM
I agree with you shelby but he should not say he did not get the Bills job because of his race. That's just not true.

shelby
01-13-2003, 07:23 PM
i agree, the statement was unfair.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-13-2003, 09:29 PM
It's always about race. I get so sick and tired of hearing about it.

Earthquake Enyart
01-14-2003, 06:40 AM
I really think that the reason TC didn't get a real good shot is that TD knew he would have to clean house with the cap mess they were in. It would have been difficult to get rid of these players with a coach who was attached to them. It's was easier to bring in a slack jawed hillbilly assassin.

Ð
01-14-2003, 06:45 AM
http://www.frinky.com/staff/evan/cletus/media/grabpics/cletus2.gif

colin
01-14-2003, 11:28 AM
I don't think TC will be a good HC. He may be, but his mentor is a better DC than he is, and can't HC for crap.