PDA

View Full Version : Peters to start vs Pats ?

Bmax
10-27-2005, 05:47 PM
It's looking more and more that the bills most versatile player will start this sunday for mike williams agaainst the pats.. Big jason who is raw as can be will have his hands full against the belichek def that has had two weeks to prepare... I think jason will be ok...it will show us if he has got what it takes to be a player at the ot position for us next year....Hey he might just be our new lt or rt next season on a readjusted bills line ... Thoughts ?

BMAX
GO BILLS

RedEyE
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Could he be any worse the Mike Williams?

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm worried that he will try to do too much to compensate for his "rawness" and get burned every play. Then we are in trouble.

ChaelTD
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Might happen. Then again the Pats rush hasnt been that great this year. They couldnt touch Plummer two weeks ago. I know our line isnt that good, but perhaps we'll be okay.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 06:42 PM
we're screwed- Peters has been playing mostly TE the past few weeks and I don't think he's ready.

Akhippo
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Ill really be rooting for this guy. From what hes shown with his brief appearances, he could be good. I really like him at RT next year. With MWs unwieldy contract, if you cant get rid of him, move him to guard.
Hopefully he makes it through a game without lying on the turf midway through.

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 06:58 PM
he's definitely tougher than MW and a skilled athlete. I want to see him do well too. But the coaching staff has been moving him back and forth between OL and TE so he hasn't been able to focus on learning the new condition. He's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

BAM
10-27-2005, 07:06 PM
we're screwed- Peters has been playing mostly TE the past few weeks and I don't think he's ready.

LOL I swear we'll find an optimistic bone in your body yet...

Yer my boy Op!

juice
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
It's looking more and more that the bills most versatile player will start this sunday for mike williams agaainst the pats.. Big jason who is raw as can be will have his hands full against the belichek def that has had two weeks to prepare... I think jason will be ok...it will show us if he has got what it takes to be a player at the ot position for us next year....Hey he might just be our new lt or rt next season on a readjusted bills line ... Thoughts ?

BMAX
GO BILLSLink?

What makes you say JP will start for MW.. the only way that happens is if MW is hurt still, but from the reports this week JP was moved up into the #2 LT position because of injuries.

I don't think MM can afford to screw around with the line too much at this point.. if they were going to replace anyone it would probably be Gandy at LT.

BidsJr
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
he's definitely tougher than MW and a skilled athlete. I want to see him do well too. But the coaching staff has been moving him back and forth between OL and TE so he hasn't been able to focus on learning the new condition. He's also not the smartest knife in the drawer.

I wouldn't be worried so much about him being the smartest knife, but the sharpest.:spade:

OpIv37
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't be worried so much about him being the smartest knife, but the sharpest.:spade:

I don't recall asking for your opinion.

j/k thanks- I edited it

ScottLawrence
10-27-2005, 09:07 PM
When is Mike Williams going to man up?

Bmax
10-27-2005, 11:09 PM
WILLIAMS HASN'T PRACTICED ALL WEEK...Maybe he will be ok by game time but right now it doesn't look good .. Plus with jerman out if any t goes down he steps in and plays....I tell u one thing i watched him in the preseason and he showed great foot work ...I would really like to see how he does against top notch talent ....www.billsdaily.com

juice
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/buf/9006399</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WILLIAMS HASN'T PRACTICED ALL WEEK...Maybe he will be ok by game time but right now it doesn't look good .. Plus with jerman out if any t goes down he steps in and plays....I tell u one thing i watched him in the preseason and he showed great foot work ...I would really like to see how he does against top notch talent ....www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com/)MM says HE EXPECTS MW TO BE READY TO PLAY SUNDAY and he did return to the game against the Raidersafter only a few plays out.. I too would like to see what JP can do but not against the defending World Champs.. Seymore would eat his lunch - not a good situation to make your 1st NFL start.

vicmantak
10-28-2005, 03:21 AM
If Peters start he will do fine for the following reasons:
1. He is way mobile and athletic than Fat Mike.
2. He also will not try to do make special plays... something possitive because it's exactly what we need: NO MISTAKES

On the other hand, if Mike will be able to play it might be at LG. Bennie Anderson is amazingly stupid!

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2005, 07:51 AM
The sad thing is that he probably won't be that much worse than Williams.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Peters looked great at LT. Why not put him at RT. Mike Williams has absolutely sucked this year. I am disappointed especially after the year Mike had in '04. I thought he had made the turn. I think we need to start thinking about next year so why not try everything.

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2005, 08:54 AM
It is pretty much impossible for him to be any worse than Jerman.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2005, 09:02 AM
It is pretty much impossible for him to be any worse than Jerman.

Jerman is one of the worst players I have ever seen. I was watching the game and I'm like who is that 77 guy because he is getting beat badly on every play. They should cut this loser.

McGahee420
10-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Plus we could use him as an eligible receiver and maybe try a quick screen once in a while to him and let him truck down some players.

HHURRICANE
10-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Plus we could use him as an eligible receiver and maybe try a quick screen once in a while to him and let him truck down some players.

You know this is a good point. Everbody is always saying how scary he is on special teams because no one wants to block him. Why do we not want him permanantely on our crappy OL.

BillsFanCupp38
10-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I like what i see from the guy. Hes a big body with talent and athletism. Could be a probowl player but needs more expirience.