PDA

View Full Version : I always get a kick out of…..

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:31 PM
…..the posters who feel that it’s their job to let us all know that the season is over and that we have no chance.

Although I have to say that I’m never quite sure of what there intentions are?????? Are they like NFL missionaries sent out to spread the word? Maybe they feel sympathy for the “simple minded” few who foolishly hold on to hope and try to show us the light?

Regardless, I find them amusing! They are so steadfast in their opinions that you would think they had inside information. Or perhaps that they’re football soothsayers and have seen what the future holds.

Hears to the quitters, and those who like to be called, “those who would rather lose now in order to win later”, you do amuse me!

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Preponderance of the evidence. Everything we've seen on the field this year suggests that we can't get it done.

Give me some good reasons to have hope, and I'll change my tone.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Preponderance of the evidence. Everything we've seen on the field this year suggests that we can't get it done.

Give me some good reasons to have hope, and I'll change my tone.

You may have missed my point. I don't want you to change your tune! I find it amusing.

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm just saying that if you look at what we've shown on the field, and look at how difficult our upcoming schedule is, I don't understand where the hope comes from.

BAM
10-28-2005, 01:41 PM
You may have missed my point. I don't want you to change your tune! I find it amusing.

LMAO good thread, Pat. My thoughts exactly. IMO, 98% of this nonsense is brought up just so they can come back and say I told ya so. I think some of them even think they will change our minds. Meanwhile, we just sit back and enjoy the entertainment.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm just saying that if you look at what we've shown on the field, and look at how difficult our upcoming schedule is, I don't understand where the hope comes from.
No, I totally understand your point!

What I don’t understand is the passion you show for convincing others to take heed.

And that’s what I find funny.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Find proof Pat! We want proof that the Bills wont lose their next 9 games. Got any? No. 'nuff said.

p.s.
If you find any proof, also please send me next week's winning lotto numbers. Thx

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
LMAO good thread, Pat. My thoughts exactly. IMO, 98% of this nonsense is brought up just so they can come back and say I told ya so. I think some of them even think they will change our minds. Meanwhile, we just sit back and enjoy the entertainment.

Thanks man!

Get out in the woods yet? I don't bow hunt and shotgun starts 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Find proof Pat! We want proof that the Bills wont lose their next 9 games. Got any? No. 'nuff said.
p.s.
If you find any proof, also please send me next week's winning lotto numbers. Thx

You just had to say 'NS! Jerk

BTW, Bills Yankees and Penn St. We're totally on the same page. Just get the Islanders off of there and go with the Sabres and we're good.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
You just had to say 'NS! Jerk

BTW, Bills Yankees and Penn St. We're totally on the same page. Just get the Islanders off of there and go with the Sabres and we're good.
I'm flexible with my hockey pick since I really don't like hockey. :up:

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 01:51 PM
p.s.

not proof. Evidence. In football, past performance is a pretty damn good indicator of future performance. It's not perfect, but it's the best thing we have to go on. Of course, you ignored this point in another thread so I'm assuming you'll ignore it again here because you don't have a good response to it.

It's not so much that I'm bent on convincing other people. It's just that I have reasons for thinking the way that I do, and I state them. I don't see any reasoning coming from the people who disagree with me. If I did, and it seemed valid, I would change my views or at least tone them down a little.

BAM
10-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks man!

Get out in the woods yet? I don't bow hunt and shotgun starts 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Not yet! I don't bow hunt either, so my season starts about that time too.

BTW, I'm with you guys on Buffalo & Penn State, but F the Yanks!!! :D

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Not yet! I don't bow hunt either, so my season starts about that time too.

BTW, I'm with you guys on Buffalo & Penn State, but F the Yanks!!! :D

You ever been to Happy Valley? I had a chance a few years back but didn't go. But I'd love to hit it up one of these years.

BAM
10-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I've chilled in Penn State quite a few times, but only made it to a game once. It was a freekin' blast though! So many people. Drunk college chicks galore.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I've chilled in Penn State quite a few times, but only made it to a game once. It was a freekin' blast though! So many people. Drunk college chicks galore.

I bet dude. I should have made it when I was single and in college.

BAM
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I was going to go with my co-worker who graduated from Ohio St. to that game a little while back, but I had a cold and was pretty useless that week. DAMN I wish I would've made that one! I still get to rub it in his face on a daily basis though. >)

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 02:03 PM

Oh, and for the record, I already said I wasn't going to come back and gloat when I'm right about the Bills/Pats game, for two reasons
1. I take no satisfaction in a loss, even if I correctly predicted it. I'm not saying this stuff for the sake of being right- I'm saying it because I feel it's the logical conclusion given the available facts
2. I'm not gonna kick fellow fans when they're down. A loss to a division rival hurts, no matter how inevitable it may be.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
not proof. Evidence. In football, past performance is a pretty damn good indicator of future performance. It's not perfect, but it's the best thing we have to go on. Of course, you ignored this point in another thread so I'm assuming you'll ignore it again here because you don't have a good response to it.

It's not so much that I'm bent on convincing other people. It's just that I have reasons for thinking the way that I do, and I state them. I don't see any reasoning coming from the people who disagree with me. If I did, and it seemed valid, I would change my views or at least tone them down a little.
Proof / evidence. WTF is the difference.

I don't have a problem with people realizing the team isn't playing well. I do have a problem with (and pat and bam too it appears) is the type of passion you naysayers put into your crusades.

I don't think the Bills have a shot at the playoffs. I will not say there is no way though. Why? Because they haven't played the ***** games yet! So while there is even a slim possibility, I'm not ready to throw the entire season away.

How is one supposed to respond to fans who are fortune tellers and can predict the future?

EricStratton
10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Blatant and crazy optimism and blatant and crazy pessimism is what drives message boards Patrick (that and death pools).

I don’t mind either but the posters who do it to then come back and gloat about how right they were piss me off.

BAM
10-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Oh, and for the record, I already said I wasn't going to come back and gloat when I'm right about the Bills/Pats game, for two reasons
1. I take no satisfaction in a loss, even if I correctly predicted it. I'm not saying this stuff for the sake of being right- I'm saying it because I feel it's the logical conclusion given the available facts
2. I'm not gonna kick fellow fans when they're down. A loss to a division rival hurts, no matter how inevitable it may be.

I know I really wasn't talking about you. You can be a huge pessimist at times, but I have yet to see you gloat about it when you're right.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't have a problem with people realizing the team isn't playing well. I do have a problem with (and pat and bam too it appears) is the type of passion you naysayers put into your crusades.
I don't think the Bills have a shot at the playoffs. I will not say there is no way though. Why? Because they haven't played the ***** games yet! So while there is even a slim possibility, I'm not ready to throw the entire season away.
How is one supposed to respond to fans who are fortune tellers and can predict the future?

Totally. What happens if on the first play of the game Sunday, Sam Adams falls on Tom Brady and breaks his arm? Now the patriots win maybe 2 games the rest of the way. The Jets and Dolphins stink! We could win the division at 7-9!

So now you'll say, but when we get there we'll get killed. We'll we'd probably get a first round game against a Denver or a Jacksonville, I gotta tell you, I think we could beat either of those teams at home. So now we're in the second round, in Indy. Sure we'd need another Sam Adams swan dive in order to win that one, but that sounds like a fun season.

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I know I really wasn't talking about you. You can be a huge pessimist at times, but I have yet to see you gloat about it when you're right.
at times?

thanks though- glad at least one person sees that I don't take any glory in losses.

Patrick76777
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Blatant and crazy optimism and blatant and crazy pessimism is what drives message boards Patrick (that and death pools).

I know. And I think they're funny.

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM

There's a huge difference. Proof actually proves something- like a video tape of a murder. That's PROOF of who did it. Evidence suggests something but doesn't prove it in and of itself, like OJ's glove at the murder scene. That doesn't make him guilty on its' own, but it sure as hell suggests guilt.

It's impossible to prove future events. But it is possible to look at evidence and make a damn good prediction.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2005, 03:06 PM
There's a huge difference. Proof actually proves something- like a video tape of a murder. That's PROOF of who did it. Evidence suggests something but doesn't prove it in and of itself, like OJ's glove at the murder scene. That doesn't make him guilty on its' own, but it sure as hell suggests guilt.

It's impossible to prove future events. But it is possible to look at evidence and make a damn good prediction.
They are the same.

justasportsfan
10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
but I have yet to see you gloat about it when you're right.
Yeah, I hate being right all the time. I said I had no confidence in Edwards and that we SHOULD try to bring in Simon.

I don't mind pessimism, just own up when they are wrong. When they don't ,you know the saying "misery loves company" which is why they always have to air out their negativity.

Dozerdog
10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
:rofl: at OPIV

6-7 posts in this thread and he's still walking around with the sandwich board that reads "World will end in 7 days"

Gotta admire sticking to his convictions!

OpIv37
10-28-2005, 05:36 PM
They are the same.

that's an ignorant statement.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2005, 07:00 PM
that's an ignorant statement.
Buy a thesaurus. Quick!