• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: I am now officially opposed to re-signing Clements

Forked from: McGee & Bills agree to extension
    Now that McGee is signed long term... drop clements and sign a stud DT or DE. No point in having 2 stud corners without a pass rush and/or run stuffer.

As far as I am concerned... let nate walk after this season.
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: I am now officially opposed to re-signing Clements

don't let him walk. tag him and trade him

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I'm down with that

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

smell ya later Nate.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

you're nuts. McGee is not the same type of shut-down corner Clements is. If he leaves, we will need to replace him. This D is in deep ****.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I agree that McGee isnt as good... but maybe they said...

We can pay 4 mil to McGee or 9 to Clements.

That is a 5 Mil difference, which hopefully they spend at DT/DE!?!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              you're nuts. McGee is not the same type of shut-down corner Clements is. If he leaves, we will need to replace him. This D is in deep ****.

I agree.

If Nate leaves and then McGee becomes the #1 CB on the Bills, you all will be calling for his head next year.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

The reason I'm happy about the signing is to keep McGee as a kick returner! I don't want to see Nate go.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Go for nothing that is. Tag and trade would be ok depending on what we get for him.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                    I agree that McGee isnt as good... but maybe they said...

We can pay 4 mil to McGee or 9 to Clements.

That is a 5 Mil difference, which hopefully they spend at DT/DE!?!

I agree with you about perhaps not signing Nate long term. However, we would need to have a big CB take his place. McGee won't be able to cover the more physical and larger WRs in the league, Just my opinion though.

As for signing a DE, I highly doubt it. Our DEs are about average, and maybe Schoebel is above average. Not like a Peppers or Freeney obviously, but he's not bad.

An elite DE would cost as much to sign as it would to sign Nate long term. I would be real surprised if we signed an elite DE. An elite DT, on the other hand, is cheaper and more of a possibility. I would favor the signing of an elite DT (Don't know who is available) and another DT that would provide excellent depth.

Let's see how it goes

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Yeah- let's have one of our best defenders walk in hopes that we can lure someone here.

It would be one thing if NC tries to price himself out of a Bills uniform, but letting the guy go just so we can hope a top DE/DL guy chooses Buffalo is foolishness.

Do we even know who/what is out there?

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                        The reason I'm happy about the signing is to keep McGee as a kick returner! I don't want to see Nate go.
                        agreed- I'm happy with the signing- I'm just afraid TD will use it as an excuse to let Nate go.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

I'd like to keep Nate but he's gonna have to come down on his asking price. He hasn't been playing like the "top corner" this year so why should he be paid like it? It's imperative that we maintain the strength of our secondary since the defensive line isn't generating enough pressure. If we could sign a bonafide killer defensive lineman that might make his loss tolerable but where are we going to get one?

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                            Forked from: McGee & Bills agree to extension

Now that McGee is signed long term... drop clements and sign a stud DT or DE. No point in having 2 stud corners without a pass rush and/or run stuffer.

As far as I am concerned... let nate walk after this season.
                            How in the hell did we all forget the mess that was Chris Watson so fast?

Seriously, you want to trade one problem for another?

NO!!! This is TDs time to start IMPROVING the team, not just shuffling around the strengths.

Resign Clements or a comparable CB AND a stud DT. If you have to let some overpaid vets go to do it, FINE!!!!

Heres my list of top guys who are overpaid at this point:

Moulds
                            M Williams
                            Milloy
                            Fletcher

Replace some of those guys with draft picks.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                              How in the hell did we all forget the mess that was Chris Watson so fast?

Seriously, you want to trade one problem for another?

NO!!! This is TDs time to start IMPROVING the team, not just shuffling around the strengths.

Resign Clements or a comparable CB AND a stud DT. If you have to let some overpaid vets go to do it, FINE!!!!

Heres my list of top guys who are overpaid at this point:

Moulds
                              M Williams
                              Milloy
                              Fletcher

Replace some of those guys with draft picks.

No way Fletcher is overpaid, he's a consistent player. Williams and Milloy are definitely over paid though. I agree that we need to improve and not just shuffle around. If we could get some money by having Milloy or Williams restructure or get cut then we could spend more on both lines which is what we REALLY need.

Comment

Working...
                              X