PDA

View Full Version : Does resigning McGee mend TD's mistakes?

X-Era
10-29-2005, 08:11 AM
To me, its a start, but it aint even close to being enough.

He needs to also step up and resign Clements. Actually let me a bit more specific. This team is living proof that the overall talent isnt up to snuff to make a deep run. If he lets Clements walk, he had better sign another top 5 CB!!!

I want it to be Clements, but if it ends up being Charles Woodson, fine.

But if he goes the typical TD route he will let Clements go and then sign the next Mr. Irrelevant. Hey maybe we can land Jeff Burris at the league minimum or better yet, Chris Watson.

The message to TD should be clear: Step up, or get out!!!!

guy
10-29-2005, 11:14 AM
have you actually watched clements play this year? he seems to be the week link to me.

justasportsfan
10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't care if TD signed Peyton and LT. If we don't make it to the SB he hasn't done squat. What's more important than signing impact players is hiring a coach who can get us a sb ring. So far he's wasted years because of GW and Bledsoe and right now MM isn't looking impressive either.

Hopefully MM is smart enough to turn things around. Injuries should never be an excuse. BB and co. won those sb's w/ a depleted line up and they are still a very tough team without Seymor, Teddy and Dillon.

dannyek71
10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't care if TD signed Peyton and LT. If we don't make it to the SB he hasn't done squat. What's more important than signing impact players is hiring a coach who can get us a sb ring. So far he's wasted years because of GW and Bledsoe and right now MM isn't looking impressive either.

Hopefully MM is smart enough to turn things around. Injuries should never be an excuse. BB and co. won those sb's w/ a depleted line up and they are still a very tough team without Seymor, Teddy and Dillon.

I totally agree. While TM is a very good player and seems to only be improving, he gave him "fair market value" for this player. (Which is one reason why TM so quickly signed the deal)

Lexwhat
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Exactly. In another post, I said that TD's draft choices, while not as good as Philly's or NE's, were better than most of the league. He's a fairly good evaluator of talent. And it shows - our team has some pretty good players on it.

The only thing he has failed to do is sign a good head coach that can utilize our talent. Mularkey continues to throw games away with poor game planning/play calling. If TD had just hired a better head coach (you know the list of them), I think everyone would think of TD in a much different light than they do now.

As I said before, TD can mend his mistakes by getting rid of Mularkey and hiring a better head coach. I can guarentee you that there's going to be a lot of head coaches fired after this season is over. There's going to be a lot of vacancies. Perhaps we will be one of them.

X-Era
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Exactly. In another post, I said that TD's draft choices, while not as good as Philly's or NE's, were better than most of the league. He's a fairly good evaluator of talent. And it shows - our team has some pretty good players on it.

The only thing he has failed to do is sign a good head coach that can utilize our talent. Mularkey continues to throw games away with poor game planning/play calling. If TD had just hired a better head coach (you know the list of them), I think everyone would think of TD in a much different light than they do now.

As I said before, TD can mend his mistakes by getting rid of Mularkey and hiring a better head coach. I can guarentee you that there's going to be a lot of head coaches fired after this season is over. There's going to be a lot of vacancies. Perhaps we will be one of them.

so, in the world of woulda coulda shoulda, he a giant. Great, facts are facts 2 times in a row he didnt get a coach with ANY experience. AND he adds bargain basement players. Sounds like a great recipe to go, well, 3 and 4 which ends up 8 and 8. But hey, lets keep the coach and further deplete the talent by letting a young star CB go. And we are BETTER off somehow?

Not in this world, not in this dimension, not in this NFL.

Losing Clements just loses even MORE games and puts us even FARTHER behind. Dont root for it unless your willing to put a zipper on you rlip when we lose even more games next year. Again, it doesnt have to be Clements, just and equal or better player...good luck with that.

X-Era
10-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Thats like saying, I dont care if my car has tires or an engine, if it doesnt go anywhere it isnt worth anything...AND????

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Clements has been way out-performed by McGee this year in my opinion, and is not backing up his thought of being a top five worthy CB.

OpIv37
10-29-2005, 05:46 PM
have you actually watched clements play this year? he seems to be the week link to me.

you and BuffaloBillsStampede are NUTS. Clements got beat by Moss, and maybe got beat one other time this year. Most of the time QB's don't even look his way. He has numerous INTs and has made a lot of plays on the ball.

I'm glad we locked up McGee because he's a huge contributor on ST and has stepped up his D big time this year. But Clements is still better and losing him will be a huge blow to our pass D.

casdhf
10-29-2005, 06:37 PM
our pass D will be number one since we'll give up 200 a game rushing

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2005, 06:55 PM
:no:

Turf
10-29-2005, 08:45 PM
The only thing to negate TD's mistakes and performance is a playoff appearance.

Sportsuser101
10-30-2005, 07:09 AM

I hope the 17 other posts you have are more intelligent. I'm not trying to make a personal attack but have you really watched the games?