PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what, im calling out some of us fans!

X-Era
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
What in the hell is going on here.

Can we fans have anymore dividers in our mouths? I mean we are seriously talking out of both sides, the top and the bottom at this point.

So, we sit here and agree that this team just plain isnt good enough to win and bash TD for it for not getting better talent.

Then, we say we shouldnt resign our top 5 CB because he wants to much which means we replace him with a lower priced (and lower quality) draft pick or FA which again lowers the talent of the team.

Anybody else see this as illogical?

The problem here is 2 fold:

TD wont pay top dollar for top talent and hence will not do what it takes to upgrade the overall talent to make the next step

TD wont fix contracts for players that are overpaid. M Williams, Moulds, Fletcher

Its simple, the current undefeated team in this league is Indy. There is ZERO arguement anymore about salary cap not allowing for a stud roster. Look at who Indy has:

Peyton Manning
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Edgerrin James
Tarik Glenn
Corey Simon
Dwight Freeney

This team is being badly mismanaged. We need to KEEP our young top 5 players, and ADD even more even if it means letting go of some of our fan favorites who are a step behind.

Again, this squad does not have enough talent to go deep.

jamze132
10-29-2005, 09:55 AM
For the most part I agree. We need to keep, arguably our best position player, on the field for the next few years in Buffalo. Having two very talented CBs casues problems for the defense. Not signing Clements will only hurt us. And if money is the problem, get rid of Mike Williams and his contract. I don't see how we can't afford to keep Clements.

The King
10-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I dont think losing Clements will be that detremental if handled correctly.
If we beef up our D-Line and are actually able to pressure a QB you dont need an elite corner. Two McGee's would be fine. But if you let Nate go and spend the cash on a Josh Reed replacement, its obvious going to kill us.

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2005, 01:05 PM
If we beef up our D-Line and are actually able to pressure a QB you dont need an elite corner. Two McGee's would be fine. But if you let Nate go and spend the cash on a Josh Reed replacement, its obvious going to kill us.

It's either an elite pass rusher or an elite CB. We already have the elite CB.
Pay him. Either that or franchise him and let him go for the extra picks. Another Peerless Price type of deal would be very good for the future, especially when you take into account the youth we have on offense.
Restock the D-line with a round one pick like Ngata or Wright. These guys can kill a pocket and eat up blockers.

X-Era
10-29-2005, 04:43 PM

I think I agree. If you mean add ayoung budding star like McGee in replacement of Clements I would almost agree.

Except for one thing, we just further watered down the talent on a team thats now 3 and 4. I dont care about who's fault it is HC, players, GM that were losing. To me we keep shopping bargain basement at ALL positions HC, and players and its KILLING us.

You want a HC coach who has been a HC before and taken a team to the SB? OK fine, could we THEN with blue light special players? probably, ask Dallas. If you want a green as a leaf HC and lots of star talent, OK, can we win? probably. If you want an unproven coach and dollar store players and expect to go to a SB, you are simply a fool (not you actually, its more like TD).

colin
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
we need some super bowl caliper fans