PDA

View Full Version : I've never felt less confident about a football game than I do right now

OpIv37
10-29-2005, 11:37 PM
It's been a long time since the Bills were one of the best in the league. They are rarely favored against opponents with better records. But regardless of how bad it looked, I've always thought the Bills could find a way to pull it out. Not necessarily that it was likely, but that it was at least possible.

Until now. This is the first time I can recall having no hope. We've looked horrid on the field this year, the team showed no heart against the Raiders and there are so many other factors working against us that are out of our control that add to the challenge (road game, night game, Bruschi, etc). Between these factors, the lack of emotion from the Bills and the difference in talent between NE and Buffalo, I just don't see any possible way to win.

I'm still going to be rooting for the Bills and watching the game hoping for a miracle, for the same reason we can't help but look at the aftermath of a horrible car accident. (also I may have to watch with the sound off so I don't pull out my hair and scratch out my eyes listening to Thees-man and McGuire kiss Bruschi and Brady's asses). This one, however, was not meant to be.

Drive 4 Five
10-30-2005, 12:06 AM
It's been a long time since the Bills were one of the best in the league. They are rarely favored against opponents with better records. But regardless of how bad it looked, I've always thought the Bills could find a way to pull it out. Not necessarily that it was likely, but that it was at least possible.
Until now. This is the first time I can recall having no hope. We've looked horrid on the field this year, the team showed no heart against the Raiders and there are so many other factors working against us that are out of our control that add to the challenge (road game, night game, Bruschi, etc). Between these factors, the lack of emotion from the Bills and the difference in talent between NE and Buffalo, I just don't see any possible way to win.
I'm still going to be rooting for the Bills and watching the game hoping for a miracle, for the same reason we can't help but look at the aftermath of a horrible car accident. (also I may have to watch with the sound off so I don't pull out my hair and scratch out my eyes listening to Thees-man and McGuire kiss Bruschi and Brady's asses). This one, however, was not meant to be.

Man OpIv. I don't even know what to say to this bro. This is really bad. Even for you bud. Now I feel the same way about our chances in this game, but you've really really gone over the edge man. Not meant to be? There is always a sliver of hope bro. I'm going to have to call on Berman here. It is the only thing I can think of.

"THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!"

OpIv37
10-30-2005, 12:21 AM
this just feels like one of those college matchups where some small school that most of us have never heard of has to play the #1 team in the country. 1 out of every 1000 times there's an upset, but for the other 999 it's a foregone conclusion

Drive 4 Five
10-30-2005, 12:35 AM
this just feels like one of those college matchups where some small school that most of us have never heard of has to play the #1 team in the country. 1 out of every 1000 times there's an upset, but for the other 999 it's a foregone conclusion

Where in God's name is Doug Flutie when you need him? Oh wait! Tom Donahoe alientated him too didn't he? Now he is playing for the Patriots. It is all about the QB's in this one and no knock on Holcomb but I am just not inspired. If we had a gunslinger back there that would be one thing, but we got Jack and they got Brady

The_Philster
10-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Where in God's name is Doug Flutie when you need him? Oh wait! Tom Donahoe alientated him too didn't he? truth be told, Flutie made certain he was going to be the odd man out when the Williams coaching staff interviewed him

DMBcrew36
10-30-2005, 01:17 AM
alright... i understand that you're worried... but go bills... lets hope they can do something here... and if they don't... well... whatever, we saw it comin... but seriously.... we COULD win it

J-Dog
10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Willis has to play keep away from Brady and that Offense, or it will be a long night!! But I have confidence we WILL WIN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!! 30-28 BILLS

mybills
10-30-2005, 07:21 AM
OpIv you should just watch a Halloween movie, instead. :shakeno:

Michael82
10-30-2005, 07:27 AM
That's exactly the way I feel. I EXPECT a loss. I'll be thrilled and excited with an upset, but I won't be too disappointed with a loss, especially if they keep it close. If the Bills get their asses kicked by the Patriots, then I will be really upset, but if they keep it close, i'll be a little better. :sigh:

MTBillsFan
10-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Keep the faith! Yes, it will be a hard game, Don't expect our guys to role over and play dead. We're do for a win on the road! I think our D is going to have a BIG night! Marsha can't stop us, neither can courntey dillon. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!!
GO BILLS!

McBFLO
10-30-2005, 07:54 AM
This doom andf gloom talk is pretty bad. I know I don't post on here often at all, but I feel compelled to. This game is a winnable game, and I'll tell you why:

1) Drew Bledsoe is gone. That whole mental factor with him is no longer with this team. With Holcomb in there, we can and should expect an efficient game. He hasn't done a whole lot, but at the same time he hasn't killed us either. The Lawyer Milloy factor... he'll be fine. He challenged the D this week to have a strong game against his former team. See #4.

2) Their run-D is almost as bad as ours. Sure Bruschi is coming back, but how involved will he really be? The emotional lift they'll get will be there for sure, but for him to come in and immediately be a game-changer isn't realistic, in my opinion.

3) Their secondary is really beat up. The Bills Offense SHOULD be able to move the ball against them, through the air or (more preferably) on the ground. If we eat up the clock by running the ball (which we SHOULD be able to do), we keep the ball out of Brady's and Dillon's hands.

4) I expect a bounce-back performance from our Defense. With them being utterly embarassed last week against Oakland, and sole possession of 1st place on the line, I believe they will show up.

5) McGee has had big games against New England in the return-game. And, although he hasn't taken one to the house yet this year, he has been extremely elusive and has had some big returns. This could be the week, if they kick him the ball anyway.

All this being said, I still expect the Pats to win, but I think there's a legitimate shot for the Bills to pull this one out. I was against putting in Holcomb from the very time it happened. However, I give credit to the Bills Organization for recognizing that the season was on the line and acting on it. If we lose this game though, they need to make the switch back to JP. Hell, do it even if they win! He'd have the bye week to get fully prepared for our next game (a home game) against a mediocre defense. I, like may others, compare this situation the the Giants of last year. They were 5-2 or 5-3 when they made the switch to Eli, and look at them/him now. I know Eli was the #1 overall pick, but JP is a good QB. He was made the scapegoat for the 3 consec. losses we had earlier in the season, and it wasn't fair to him. Whether JP turns out to be good or bad, we need to find out about him, and we'll never find out with Holcomb in there.

JayWood
10-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Amen to that Pepper!!! Lets Go Boys, listening to all the Patsies this week you would swear that they were playing the Colts today and not the Bills. Say what you want but they are sooooooooooooooo looking past the Bills and getting ready for the "big" game next week. Unless they have not been told, a lost today puts the Patsies back in a first place tie with our beloved Bills. Always play to win the game at hand, and never overlook this weeks challenger. Hell call me optimistic but I am expecting a Bills win later today!!

HAMMER
10-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Bills win 27-21. Opi, I never want to hear you whine again.