PDA

View Full Version : How do I improve my tv reception??

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
So the Bills game is on local tv out here, obviously cause I'm in MA. But it is on the one channel I barely get. My antenna broke off so it is mostly fuzz. I put the tv next to the window and attached aluminum foil to the stub where the antenna used to be. Any ideas from the technologically advanced on how to improve my reception? I really don't want to read the play by play online again!!!

SquishDaFish
10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Umm the game is on ESPN

YardRat
10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Get cable or buy a dish.

SquishDaFish
10-30-2005, 04:40 PM
DIRECT TV is the way to go. Try wrapping the foil around one antenna and then wrap the other end around the other antenna for reg channels.

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
oh my god guys come on how stupid do you think i am! yes i know its on espn but special ed teachers can't afford cable. so i am GHETTO. it is on ABC out here

SquishDaFish
10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Im in mass too springfield area. Its not on CBS here. I thought when ESPN had rights then the local cant carry. Maybe im wrong.

YardRat
10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
oh my god guys come on how stupid do you think i am! yes i know its on espn but special ed teachers can't afford cable. so i am GHETTO. it is on ABC out here

You need to get a job in NY state...

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 04:54 PM
hahaha alrite i put a bunch of metal things on top of it and its doable. oh and newsflash i did work in ny last year and i made $10,000 less :rage:

YardRat
10-30-2005, 04:58 PM
If you're making $10k more away from NY, there's only two viable conclusions...

1-You didn't work in public education...

2-You certainly can afford cable or a dish. Probably both.

The_Philster
10-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Im in mass too springfield area. Its not on CBS here. I thought when ESPN had rights then the local cant carry. Maybe im wrong.
the cities of the teams involved usually have one station carrying the games for people without cable...WGRZ Channel 2 in Buffalo is carrying the game here...along with a pregame show at 8

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 05:02 PM
If you're making $10k more away from NY, there's only two viable conclusions...

1-You didn't work in public education...

2-You certainly can afford cable or a dish. Probably both.

1-No both jobs were private non-profit autism schools(i know i'm a fool)
2-My car that i was making payments on died on the masspike, had to buy a new car. so now i make car payments on 2 cars(only one usable) hence along with all my other bills there is a big dent in my pocket

lordofgun
10-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Have some of the ******s come over and hold the antennas.

justasportsfan
10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
grab the TV and take it w/ you in your bath tub that's full of water. A few seconds later you'll see a light at the end of a tunnel. Don't go to it get back. As soon as you do, you'll wake up at the hospital w/ a TV w/ a better reception than what you have at home. :up:

:jk:

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 05:20 PM

if ANYONE else would have said that, i would have :curse:
but since LOG said it, i will :shutup: and :bow:

BillsFanInMass
10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
LOL That was great :lmao: :goodpost:

SquishDaFish
10-30-2005, 05:27 PM
HaHaHa This thread turned out to be funny as hell. How about going to a bar to watch the game?

kinigirly
10-30-2005, 05:36 PM
funny as hell? oh man my life IS a joke after all! haha no anyways i would love to go to a bar and watch it. but i'm out here in Patriots land. i would be the lone Bill fan drinking by myself with dirty Patriots men offering to buy me shots to convert. i only go to bars back home in wny with my Bills men! :bad:

dannyek71
10-30-2005, 06:10 PM
damn...wish some rochester chans picked it up

OpIv37
10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
So the Bills game is on local tv out here, obviously cause I'm in MA. But it is on the one channel I barely get. My antenna broke off so it is mostly fuzz. I put the tv next to the window and attached aluminum foil to the stub where the antenna used to be. Any ideas from the technologically advanced on how to improve my reception? I really don't want to read the play by play online again!!!

you can buy a separate antenna at radio shack for like $15- it plugs into the cable TV outlet. Still not as good as cable, but it will vastly improve your reception. I used one when I first graduated college and had no money either.

lordofgun
10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Update? How was the signal? It helps if they wear their helmets.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Update? How was the signal? It helps if they wear their helmets.
:spit:

kinigirly
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
SCORE! this thread will never happen again because 2 minutes into the game last night i found out they never turned off the last tenant's cable!! and we've never paid for it so goodbye online play by play....HELLOOOO ESPN! :hump: thanks for all the help guys!