PDA

View Full Version : Anyone defending Holcomb now is crazy

Novacane
10-30-2005, 10:42 PM
4 down and 7.......we have to have it and he looks down field and dumps off to the line of scrimage. What a fool. That play alone is proof this guy will take the Bills nowhere. JP week 10

djjimkelly
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
that 4th down play is the essence of no need to see holcomb in there ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just ***ing terrible

Mahdi
10-30-2005, 10:49 PM
I have no idea what the thought process was on that play.... not even a rookie would make that mistake.

JD
10-30-2005, 10:55 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=84340

BFLOBILLSBURGH
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
It is time for JP to take his licks. We have 5 losses with 8 games to play. Playoff hopes are done.
It is time for JP to get experience. The Giants did the same thing last year with Eli and they look great this year. No need for Holcomb.

Lexwhat
10-30-2005, 11:09 PM
We lost because of a number of plays:

Josh Reed had a horrible game. What a stupid loser. I never wanna see him again!

Nice drop by Tim Euhus early in the game which would've been a TD. What a stupid loser.

The refs may have made a bad call or two, BUT they certainly were'nt one sided, IMO. We did not lose this game because of the refs. This game was for our taking if we had just scored TDs instead of field goals.

A bad play by Gandy and a bad play by Peters. Overall I think both played well, but they blew it at the most important times.

Kelly Holcomb played good, but also made very crucial mistakes. That was a HORRIBLE 4th and 7 decision by him. Bad interception, and bad fumble too. Overall, we had the best chance to win with Holcomb but he blew it with stupid plays.

Some silly penalties by Lee Evans. Even though we overcame them, Lee should've played better.

Good games:
Willis McGahee (Offensive MVP)
Shaud Williams
Offensive line (most of the game)
Aaron Schoebel
Eric Moulds (Bad Penalty)

Clowns:
Josh Reed ( :rage: !!!!!!!)
Tim Euhus (Drop of the year)

Kelly Holcomb could go either way.

BSXIII
10-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Why the hell was a guy running a 2 yard route on a 4th and 7? Holcomb doesn't call the plays. All eligible receivers should have been in first down territory. Great play calling by our coaching staff.

Also, had Lossman been playing this game it would have been over by the half. No way he makes those passes that Holcomb did. There's nothing worse than fans who think "the answer" to all the teams problems is the backup QB.

Lexwhat
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
We lost because of a number of plays:

Josh Reed had a horrible game. What a stupid loser. I never wanna see him again!

Nice drop by Tim Euhus early in the game which would've been a TD. What a stupid loser.

The refs may have made a bad call or two, BUT they certainly were'nt one sided, IMO. We did not lose this game because of the refs. This game was for our taking if we had just scored TDs instead of field goals.

A bad play by Gandy and a bad play by Peters. Overall I think both played well, but they blew it at the most important times.

Kelly Holcomb played good, but also made very crucial mistakes. That was a HORRIBLE 4th and 7 decision by him. Bad interception, and bad fumble too. Overall, we had the best chance to win with Holcomb but he blew it with stupid plays.

Some silly penalties by Lee Evans. Even though we overcame them, Lee should've played better.

Good games:
Willis McGahee (Offensive MVP)
Shaud Williams
Offensive line (most of the game)
Aaron Schoebel
Eric Moulds (Bad Penalty)

Clowns:
Josh Reed ( :rage: !!!!!!!)
Tim Euhus (Drop of the year)

Kelly Holcomb could go either way.

The coaching staff! Forgot to talk about them. They did a lot of good things, I think, but their red zone stupidity showed once again.

Bert102176
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
a) it wasn't Kelly's fault
b) we need a new OC the play calling was horendous
c) the refs really F'd us over

Crisis
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Moulds was the "decoy" on that play I think. He was underneath to give the other players single coverage and open it up. WHY THE HELL DO YOU THROW IT TO HIM? Atleast throw the ball up to someone else, give them a ***** chance.

Bert102176
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
the NFL really needs to do something about these Damn refs they need to fire all their asses and get replacement refs, as you may tell I am severely pissed off

buffalofan19
10-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Holcomb made a bonehead play. That is true. However, the Bills never should have been in that position in the first place. First off, on that play, why did Moulds even run that route? I blame playcalling for that one. That last fumble Holcomb had no chance on. Anderson or Gandy (I can't even remember who that was), didn't even touch Colvin. Holcomb had no time to see that one coming. Maybe he could have held on to the ball, maybe not, I am not sure. Thirdly, and I hate saying this because I am almost always of the opinion that the refs don't lose games, but the officiating was questionable. That was not a catch, though I guess you could use the "no conclusive evidence" argument. The offensive PI call was crap. That call is never made, and you can't decide to bust that one out that late in the game.

The bottom line is though that the Bills had the Pats up 16-7 in the fourth quarter and was dominating the time of possession, and they did not close it out. Holcomb made a really bad play, but there was no reason to even be in that position. You can look at it from the angle that the offensive pass interference call should never have been made, but the Bills should never have even been trailing that late. 16-7, you have to close that out. That's coaching, offense, and defense (though it's quite hard for them with that last turnover and they did get the ball back again). I am upset that Holcomb even had to try to make that play because there was no reason for it.

Philagape
10-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Regardless of how he played, there is no longer one reason why Holcomb should remain the starter. Preparing for the future is more important.

Ebenezer
10-30-2005, 11:18 PM
might as well let JP have the keys back...see if the experience will do anything for him...this team is not making the playoffs...

Iehoshua
10-30-2005, 11:20 PM
To hell with Hol-bum. Blowcom can go back to the Cleveland Clowns. Mediocre no-talent choker QBs starting for us is getting old... Give Losman a LEGITIMATE shot and tell Moulds and the veterans to stick it if they don't like it. This isn't a playoff team and even if it could million-to-one shot make the playoffs there's no chance they're getting out of the 1st round, period.

jpdex12
10-30-2005, 11:22 PM
You all are idiots...if JP played...we would have been down and out in the 2nd.

So your telling me, you think JP could have passed for 250 yards? :lmao:

Wow...sure it was a stupid ass decision. But it should not have led to all the beans on one play. Lindel missed a field goal...that challenged play was BULL****, the he did NOT have control of the ball..it bobbled, he rolled over, bottom of the ball hit the turf and you can see it MOVE! And to call offensive interference with 2:40 to go..HOW CONVIENENT...both sides were pushing and shoving eachother the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!

So STFU about us losing because of Holcomb. The team blew it, the coaching staff blew it, end of story. Good night.

I'd take offense if I had a post up here and you were calling me an idiot!

Obviously JP wouldn't have faired so well, but first of all we have not thrown any passes longer than 20 yards only once in athousand tries with Holcomb because Tom Clements sucks at play calling. Second our O-line hasn;t offered the best protection and third Holcomb being a veteran QB has shown in the last few games that he feels the need to lock onto Moulds with a 2 yard pass even if we need 7 yards. Tonight wasn't the first game he has done this. I have been *****ing about it to myself for the past few weeks. A veteran QB should not be throwing that crap when it's 4th and 7 and the game is on the line. Moulds was even double covered for christ sakes!

It is time now for JP to learn for our future.

THATHURMANATOR
You all are idiots...if JP played...we would have been down and out in the 2nd.
So your telling me, you think JP could have passed for 250 yards? :lmao:
Wow...sure it was a stupid ass decision. But it should not have led to all the beans on one play. Lindel missed a field goal...that challenged play was BULL****, the he did NOT have control of the ball..it bobbled, he rolled over, bottom of the ball hit the turf and you can see it MOVE! And to call offensive interference with 2:40 to go..HOW CONVIENENT...both sides were pushing and shoving eachother the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!
So STFU about us losing because of Holcomb. The team blew it, the coaching staff blew it, end of story. Good night.
NO we are not stupid because we do realize that holcomb to that point managed the game well but we push came to shove prooved inadequate(ie fumble on the 20 and throwing 3 yards short on 4th down).. Don't insult our intelligence by saying that we are idiots because we realize that Holcomb is a career journyman backup and we want to try to groom a possible legitimate QB option.

BuffaloRanger
The NFL is fixed. Wake up and smell the coffee. How often is pass int called on the WR? Only in games against NE when the other team is driving for the winning TD. The NFL front office wanted the PATS to win. Think about it. How hard is it to tell the head ref to look closer at one team on crucial plays? With millions of dollars at stake, the executives aren't going to leave it to chance.

Iehoshua
10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
The NFL is fixed. Wake up and smell the coffee. How often is pass int called on the WR? Only in games against NE when the other team is driving for the winning TD. The NFL front office wanted the PATS to win. Think about it. How hard is it to tell the head ref to look closer at one team on crucial plays? With millions of dollars at stake, the executives aren't going to leave it to chance.
Agreed. It's very possible teams get nudges from the refs to make the results more favorable to the NFL.

Billz_fan
10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
I am so pissed and it isn't because I think Holcomb or anyone else lost the game for us.

I am pissed because we lost.

I am pissed because so far this team has lost every road game.

I am pissed because we are 3-5

I am pissed because we were supposed to "pick up" where we left off last year.

I am pissed because TD told us that anything less than the playoffs this year was unacceptable.

I am pissed that Spikes is gone for the year.

I am just pissed right now. I want some house cleaning done starting with Donahoe.

Ok, rant over. I feel a tiny bit better.

BSXIII
10-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I hate this mentality that Lossman should start because he is "the future". Like he has some magic powers that will just cover all the other weaknesses on this team. If he has any hope of being a successful QB in the NFL, he'll win the job in preseason, or make the most of it during the next chance he gets. He was handed the reigns once already without earning it, and he absolutely sucked.

And before you go spouting off the names of other QB's who got off to rough starts keep in mind most of them were either a) legitimate first year rookies, b) QB's who came to a team with less than 5 wins the previous season, or c) showed glimpses of brillance during their struggles.

Lossman doesn't fit into either of these 3 categories. Every bad team has fans calling for the back up QB. The best players should play period. We are trying to build a winning football team. Nobody is locked up for more than 4 years anyways. Teams really need to play for today. A 9-7 team that is improving will have a much better chance of attracting FA's, than a 5-11 team with overhyped rookies. Don't kid yourself into believing otherwise, or believing that veteran FA's don't play a key role in any championship team.

BSXIII
10-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Sorry but regardless of how the entire team played. Bills might ALWAYS play to win. There's no better way to prepare the future... it starts from a winning attitude.

IMO Bills might start the best option to win... regardless of our :crap: coaching staff.

Exaclty, we just went on the road and outplayed the defending champs. Sure we didn't win, but that's why they are the champs. They can pull out those close games. For a team that has been a joke for the past 5-6 seasons, today's effort was a pretty big milestone. Hopefully we can build on this.

JD
10-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Agreed.

JD
10-31-2005, 12:32 AM
At least were not houston :idunno:

JD
10-31-2005, 12:45 AM
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/5849/darth1ae.jpg
Real tough low-life :loser:

jmb1099
10-31-2005, 12:47 AM
I don't know weather or not Lossman would have made the throws that Holcomb made tonight or not, it could very well be that he wouldn't have. And I agree with everyone who says the game shouldn't have been determined by that one play, but watching that game made it very clear to me that Holcomb has the ability to occassionally shine, but not consistently, typical journeyman QB. I wonder how Lossman would have done with 7 games experience coming into this game with the decent protection that the line gave tonight and Willis playing as well as he did...we will never know and that makes me mad. Incidently I think Lossman would have been able to pick up the first down off the scramble, but we will never know that either and that too makes me mad. Perhaps Lossman could have run a red zone possession in for a td, but we'll never know and that makes me mad. It would now take an absolute miracle to salvage this season, it is now time time to hand Lossman back the keys so we can at least know what we really have so that we don't go though this again next year.

djjimkelly
10-31-2005, 01:46 AM
u people are missing the essence of what im saying i couldnt care less if we win every game for rest of the year with holcomb he is not the future. the sooner JP learns to make all the reads and get valuable experience the sooner the bills are legitmatly on the road to the playoffs and dare i superbowl. either way we must find out what JP is becuz we ALL know holcomb is no long term answer and JP might be

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 05:05 AM
I hate this mentality that Lossman should start because he is "the future". Like he has some magic powers that will just cover all the other weaknesses on this team. .funny...that's what most of us were saying about Holcomb when they pulled JP

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 05:16 AM
I am so pissed and it isn't because I think Holcomb or anyone else lost the game for us.
I am pissed because we lost.
I am pissed because so far this team has lost every road game.
I am pissed because we are 3-5
I am pissed because TD told us that anything less than the playoffs this year was unacceptable.
I am pissed that Spikes is gone for the year.
I am just pissed right now. I want some house cleaning done starting with Donahoe.
Ok, rant over. I feel a tiny bit better.
I'm pissed that I have just wasted the last 46 years of my life being a Bills' fan. But I guess it's too late to change now.

J-Dog
10-31-2005, 05:30 AM
I am just tired of losing!!! Enough said!!!

Philagape
10-31-2005, 06:08 AM

We did. We left off with the Pittsburgh game. :ill:

Philagape
10-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Sorry but regardless of how the entire team played. Bills might ALWAYS play to win. There's no better way to prepare the future... it starts from a winning attitude.

IMO Bills might start the best option to win... regardless of our :crap: coaching staff.

Do the Bills want to go 5-11 this year so we go 7-9 next year? If not, they need to put JP in now

TacklingDummy
10-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Regardless of how he played, there is no longer one reason why Holcomb should remain the starter. Preparing for the future is more important.

Holcomb is the future.

Michael82
06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
BUMP for all the Holcomb lovers! :ill:

Michael82
06-10-2006, 01:35 PM
u people are missing the essence of what im saying i couldnt care less if we win every game for rest of the year with holcomb he is not the future. the sooner JP learns to make all the reads and get valuable experience the sooner the bills are legitmatly on the road to the playoffs and dare i superbowl. either way we must find out what JP is becuz we ALL know holcomb is no long term answer and JP might be
Excellent point! :bf1: