PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to calm down and stop bagging on the team.

sba
10-30-2005, 11:02 PM
This was a great effort by everyone. Refs blew this game for us big time.

The Non-Catch By Branch
The BS PI Call on Moulds
And Josh Reed not being down on that pass on the last drive.

Don't bag on Holcomb for a bad pass or two, don't bag on the coaches, they called a great game. The dfense did a nice job.

The NFL wouldn't have us win on Tedy Bruschi Day, simple as that.

DaBills
10-30-2005, 11:09 PM
I will not bag on the players. They played their hearts out. (Except Holcomb. He's a journeyman QB that just isn't a leader. Never will be.)

But the coaches DO NOT get a pass. No way. You can not make mistakes against BB and in key situations, our D and O ran plays that were poor choices to say the least. Reverses? Soft coverage by corners against Tom Brady? WM puts up almost 150 and we THROW inside the red zone? How can anyone explain let alone defend that playcalling?

It's the same stuff every week. Every week. No. This one's on the coaching staff and I will not believe otherwise. I'm as pissed at this game as the RJ debacle against the Colts on Monday night a few years ago. We should not have lost this game.

The last buffalo fan
10-30-2005, 11:49 PM
I will not bag on the players. They played their hearts out. (Except Holcomb. He's a journeyman QB that just isn't a leader. Never will be.)

But the coaches DO NOT get a pass. No way. You can not make mistakes against BB and in key situations, our D and O ran plays that were poor choices to say the least. Reverses? Soft coverage by corners against Tom Brady? WM puts up almost 150 and we THROW inside the red zone? How can anyone explain let alone defend that playcalling?

It's the same stuff every week. Every week. No. This one's on the coaching staff and I will not believe otherwise. I'm as pissed at this game as the RJ debacle against the Colts on Monday night a few years ago. We should not have lost this game.

:bf1: You can't win games with only field goals, and our defense. We got only 9 points, out if 28. That's not good at all man!!!

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 12:19 AM

The Non-Catch By Branch
The BS PI Call on Moulds

Don't bag on Holcomb for a bad pass or two, don't bag on the coaches, they called a great game. The dfense did a nice job.

Branch caught that ball. His arm was under it.
The PI call was weak but not incorrect. Probably wouldn't have been called if the CB didn't slip.
Josh Reed had a horrible game.

I'm going to bag on Holcomb and the play call that had a WR running a flat 4 yard pattern on 4th and 7 when the game is on the line.

This team did well in many phases of the game, but once again, they couldn't close the deal.

Ten years of the same.

JD
10-31-2005, 12:36 AM

The Non-Catch By Branch
The BS PI Call on Moulds

EXACTLY. Just like how the NFL wouldn't have us win on the New Orleans first "home game". :rage:

JD
10-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Branch caught that ball. His arm was under it.
He bobbled the ball, then went down.. the ball made contact with the field and began to move in his hands, so how did he have control please tell me.

Anyone have a .gif of this replay?
Would love to have it in my sig.

Tinboy
10-31-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm not happy about losing but we had good game and played well againsta a good but weaker Pats team. A couple of poor decision and bad coacging cost us the win. But I'm glad the guys played well, this actually means we can compete with good teams.

Lexwhat
10-31-2005, 02:57 AM
How come no one is mentioning the Josh Reed drop on 3rd and 2 when we were deep in Patriots territory? The play call was fine, Josh Reed was open. That drop of his was his worst play as a Buffalo Bill, it bounced right off his chest.

And of course the Tim Euhus drop early in the game, where we had to settle for another field goal. I knew that would come back to haunt us late in the game.

What a heartbreaker. We could've had the game, but little crucial mistakes cost us.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm out of state so I don't get a lot of Bills games on TV.

But I honestly cannot recall the last Bills game on TV that we didn't lose.

Tonight. Last season home closer against Pittsburgh's scrubs. Every other Sunday night game at the Pats (seems like it's always sunday night at Pats??).Dating all the way back to Rob Johnson and the forward lateral debacle.

Oh wait, didn't we win that rematch with Tennessee on Monday night? What was that, 10 years ago???

:curse:

J-Dog
10-31-2005, 04:52 AM
I am sick to my stomach, there is no excuse for losing that game. B-Anderson can suck a FAT DICK for giving up a sack in the fourth quarter when Holcomb fumbled. That was the play of the game for the Patriots and ultimately is what lost us the game. They went in for 6 after that!! Once again the BILLS break the hearts of all fans!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 04:54 AM
While the refs certainly screwed up on those plays (not to mention Milloy was held in the end zone when he went on a blitz early in the game), it came down to a stupid mental error in the end :down:

SquishDaFish
10-31-2005, 05:09 AM
Andy were you watching the same game? Im sorry bro but that was incomplete even the crappy bruschi lovin announcers knew it. And Moulds and that CB were doing that all night long and they call it at that point of the game? The pats always have the refs in their back pockets.

don137
10-31-2005, 06:09 AM
Yes, the Patriots gone the better of the calls. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yet, I can't sit here and blame the refs for the loss. Bennie "I suck in pass protection" Anderson got burned by Colvin, Reed dropped a easy 3rd and 2 pass, Holcomb played his usual game which includes being efficient but ineffective when it comes to going for the "W" and a defense that didn't make the stops when it had to.

dannyek71
10-31-2005, 07:02 AM
the patriots did their best to give us that game (injuries, playing not pat football, patrick pass fumble) and we still couldnt come out with a W.

Plan and simple, we are not a good football team (obviously). Let the JP era re-start and bag this season. Out of the next 8 games, you have to believe we loose ATLEAST 2 more, and as we saw last season, 9-7 does not make the playoffs.

We can sit around and blame the refs all you want, but good teams do need to rely on calls from the refs.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 07:14 AM
the patriots did their best to give us that game (injuries, playing not pat football, patrick pass fumble) and we still couldnt come out with a W.

Plan and simple, we are not a good football team (obviously). Let the JP era re-start and bag this season. Out of the next 8 games, you have to believe we loose ATLEAST 2 more, and as we saw last season, 9-7 does not make the playoffs.

We can sit around and blame the refs all you want, but good teams do need to rely on calls from the refs.
I agree 100%. We have to get JP ready, and improve both the O and D lines before next season, or we are going to be swimming in perpetual mediocrity.

Historian
10-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Officiating was bad...but the Bills were worse.

Somehow...even when they were playing well...didn't you know in your heart of hearts that they were going to blow this game?

I did.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm out of state so I don't get a lot of Bills games on TV.
But I honestly cannot recall the last Bills game on TV that we didn't lose.
Tonight. Last season home closer against Pittsburgh's scrubs. Every other Sunday night game at the Pats (seems like it's always sunday night at Pats??).Dating all the way back to Rob Johnson and the forward lateral debacle.
Oh wait, didn't we win that rematch with Tennessee on Monday night? What was that, 10 years ago???
:curse:

Yes, we won the rematch game on a Sunday night. That was opening week of the 2000 season. So five years.

I've never been in the Ralph when it was as loud as that night.