PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 7 and we throw 4 yards

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
You have to be f ing kidding me. I almost threw up when I saw that. Get Holcomb out of there. He should have just neeled it down at that point. Also enough with sucking brusci's ****. WE GET IT HE HAD A STROKE. NO ONE F ING CARES!!!!!

LtBillsFan66
10-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm all for getting JP experience now.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
You have to be f ing kidding me. I almost threw up when I saw that. Get Holcomb out of there. He should have just neeled it down at that point. Also enough with sucking brusci's Dick. WE GET IT HE HAD A STROKE. NO ONE F ING CARES!!!!!

Couldnt agree more Thurm.. That 4th and 7 made my stomach turn.. The announcers kissed Bruschi's ass all game.. They must enjoy the flavor of ass..

ParanoidAndroid
10-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Holcomb needed to recognize he had nothing there. There were other options in the middle of the field. He should have at least tried to make something happen rather than dumping it. Why would that pattern even exist for a WR when it's 4th and game, anyway.

If this team loses to KC, it's going to be time to play the kid. No more wasting time.

Crisis
10-30-2005, 11:22 PM
This is what happens when we settle for mediocrity at QB!!

Mad Bomber
10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
You have to be f ing kidding me. I almost threw up when I saw that. Get Holcomb out of there. He should have just neeled it down at that point. Also enough with sucking brusci's Dick. WE GET IT HE HAD A STROKE. NO ONE F ING CARES!!!!!

Thrum, you hit it on the head with that one. That play wasn't the only one where we did that....earlier in the game we did the same damned thing. Third and seven, and we throw a 3 yard pass.

This dink and dunk s**t HAS TO GO.

This season is over...time to get JP in there and let him take his lumps.

THATHURMANATOR
10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Holcomb needed to recognize he had nothing there. There were other options in the middle of the field. He should have at least tried to make something happen rather than dumping it. Why would that pattern even exist for a WR when it's 4th and game, anyway.

If this team loses to KC, it's going to be time to play the kid. No more wasting time.
NO Get him in NOW.

DraftBoy
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Disgusting play but to be honest it never should of gotten to this point. Still a horrible horrible play.

Iehoshua
10-30-2005, 11:32 PM
NO Get him in NOW.
Amen, Brother 'Nator!
:bf1:

ParanoidAndroid
10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm all for getting JP experience now.

I think we'd all be fine with that.

I wouldn't even care if we lost 6 or 7 more games as long as JP plays and shows improvement.

We need to start getting Lee Evans the ball. It was good to see Moulds finally have a good game, but Evans the future.

New England didn't deserve to win that game. Buffalo simply found a way to lose.

Self-destruction on drives in the opponents end of the field, several positive plays called back on penalties, predictable running plays.

I saw two plays where Holcomb faked handing the ball off and then handed the ball off. They went nowhere. What does that do except slow down the RB?

pintonick96
10-31-2005, 12:03 AM
Time for us to become last years Giants. Strahan out ofr the year last year, TKO out this year. 2006 playoffs, here we come.

JefftheBillsfan
10-31-2005, 12:06 AM
if he threw it to him with some space in front of him, or at least a chance to be able to beat the defender 1 on 1 with a move....maybe thats ok.

but moulds had no chance at all. for anything. at all.

BSXIII
10-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Why is Holcomb taking so much blame for this. Shouldn't the best WR run a route into first down territory on 4th and 7. Why the hell was Moulds running a 2 yard route???

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Why is Holcomb taking so much blame for this. Shouldn't the best WR run a route into first down territory on 4th and 7. Why the hell was Moulds running a 2 yard route???

Horrible route. Horrible decision to throw it to him.

BSXIII
10-31-2005, 12:34 AM
It was a horrible decision to throw it, but why isn't he coaching staff taking any heat for this. 4th and 7, you should be looking for you possession receiver.... Why was he only 3 yards deep???

paladin warrior
10-31-2005, 12:35 AM
http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog1200/folder2025/img841809.jpg

Hey Ref..

Mike Mularkey is a very stuipd plan and bad idea. Throw the ball too short in the 4th down. Mike Mularkey should be smart and throw the F...ing ball over the yellow line (1st down) and I want to fired Mike Mularkey and TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2005, 03:49 AM
You have to be f ing kidding me. I almost threw up when I saw that. Get Holcomb out of there. He should have just neeled it down at that point. Also enough with sucking brusci's ****. WE GET IT HE HAD A STROKE. NO ONE F ING CARES!!!!!
Unfortunately it's because Holcomb has a lock on Moulds almost every play. He doesn't even know that other receivers exist.

I agree that route shouldn't even be there to run. It should've been 4 wide across the 1st down mark, clearly a passing down.

And the Bruschi thing was awfully irritating too. I almost wished he had a seizure right there on live TV. :mad:

Mr.Reality
10-31-2005, 04:26 AM
Throwing the ball 3 yards on 3rd and 9 is one of Steve Marriucci's favorite play calls. I'm used to it. We've been doing it for three years now. Yeah, it's annoying.

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 04:43 AM
When we went into the season with Losman, the one thing I would get upset about in his game are stupid mental errors. We had 3 people make that kind of error on that play...Clements for calling it, Moulds for not being past the 1st down markers, and Holcomb for throwing it short of the 1st down :mad:
Make the ****ing switch, Mularkey!!

SquishDaFish
10-31-2005, 05:18 AM
The playcalling is who should be getting heat for that crap play. Why have a WR not run a route past the 1st down marker? We dont know if anyone else was close to open or if he was told just get it to Moulds.

casdhf
10-31-2005, 05:48 AM
I have a feeling Moulds was a decoy on that play. Who knows, Kelly had no pressure and lots of time and still hurried the throw to Moulds who was suprised as hell to get the ball

don137
10-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Holcomb does not seem to play to win. When you throw stupid 3 yard throws on 4th and 7 you are either a complete idiot or you don't play to win. There is a reason he is labeled a journeyman.
Also, Moulds, running a 3 yard route is stupid. Not sure if he ran it short thinking he could break the defender or if he was designed to run it that short and almost be used as a decoy.
This just sums up the regime under TD. Bad play calling, bad decisions by the players and bad execution.

Huntr42
10-31-2005, 05:52 AM
Shaud Williams was open over the middle late in the play, about the same time Holcomb tossed the ball into the flat. Holcomb never even looked his way.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2005, 06:09 AM
This is what happens when we settle for mediocrity at QB!!

And the alternative is so much better?:yucky:

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2005, 06:29 AM
I have a feeling Moulds was a decoy on that play. Who knows, Kelly had no pressure and lots of time and still hurried the throw to Moulds who was suprised as hell to get the ball

I saw in after game interviews that he was supposed to draw coverage to him. MM did not seem pleased with Holcomb's decision either saying there were supposed to be two other options first. Given the fact that three Patriots converged on him as soon as he caught the ball, it seems that he DID draw coverage to him and that someone else should have been open.

I STILL think Reed's knee wasn't down and he might have scored on that play.

Play JP for the rest of the year, PLEASE!

Philagape
10-31-2005, 06:37 AM
It's on Holcomb. It was his decision. There were several other receivers on the play, and as has been pointed out here, Moulds' route was a decoy to draw defenders. Holcomb chose to throw to the decoy. It's on him.

robeezy
10-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Thrum, you hit it on the head with that one. That play wasn't the only one where we did that....earlier in the game we did the same damned thing. Third and seven, and we throw a 3 yard pass.

This dink and dunk s**t HAS TO GO.

This season is over...time to get JP in there and let him take his lumps.

KC, SD, Carolina = yeah, season's over.

Philagape
10-31-2005, 07:06 AM
Plus Denver, NE again, Miami on the road, Cincy :ill:

dannyek71
10-31-2005, 07:12 AM
i predit 5-11 this season. Let the JP era restart

Historian
10-31-2005, 07:21 AM
Holcomb said he was, "looking for Parrish downfield" and that NE had it well covered.

Maybe so, he still has to know where the sticks are.

And I call on EVERY VETERAN PLAYER to STFU and play your damnedest once JP is reinserted into the lineup.

You had your chance...and you blew it.

mysticsoto
10-31-2005, 07:42 AM

Close. I have a feeling that Moulds was there as an outlet in case NE blitzed...NE would have to either continue the blitz and leave Moulds uncovered, or break out from the blitz to cover Moulds. However, with Moulds being covered, Kelly was an idiot for throwing that pass. I would have rathered a bomb if he felt pressure (which he shouldn't have) and hope for even a pass interference call or something...

One more thing...if JP was in...he probably would have been able to ran it for atleast 7 yards if not 20. The entire middle was wide open once you got pass the line...

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 08:25 AM
And the alternative is so much better?:yucky:
We won't know for sure if he never plays! Yes he looked horrible exept for the 1st game but as we have said thousands of times already look at Manning or Palmer. Horrible at first but much better when given experience. Sure he could be the next Boller but how will we know when he is sitting the bench!

Philagape
10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
We have two choices:

1. Miss the playoffs while our future franchise QB rusts away on the bench.
2. Miss the playoffs while our future franchise QB gets valuable experience.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
You are correct Phil

Moulds80
10-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Losman shouldnt be our future, I dont think he has the right tools to be a franchise QB.

The problem wasnt the 4th and 7 play, the problem was a series before that on 2nd and 7, winning by two and the clock bleeding where you drop back and pass. you just run the ball, if you get 3-5 yards, you're 3rd and manageable and still bleed a good minute off of the clock.

awful play calling the last quarter.

mcgahee was a work horse.

Moulds80
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
double post :-/ sorry

Gunzlingr
10-31-2005, 09:49 AM

I don't know, but even the announcers said before the play that they should throw to anyone but Moulds. I figured Moulds was the decoy. Terrible decision by Holcomb. Coaches didn't make that decision for him.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Losman shouldnt be our future, I dont think he has the right tools to be a franchise QB.

The problem wasnt the 4th and 7 play, the problem was a series before that on 2nd and 7, winning by two and the clock bleeding where you drop back and pass. you just run the ball, if you get 3-5 yards, you're 3rd and manageable and still bleed a good minute off of the clock.

awful play calling the last quarter.

mcgahee was a work horse.
You make this assesment on the 4 whole games he has played?

Or the fact that having a strong arm and mobility wouldn't be the "Right Tools"????

doomsdayvirus
10-31-2005, 10:02 AM
moulds doesn't choose which routes he runs, he runs the route the play calls for.
holcomb is typically very cool under pressure and got us out of trouble in that game more times than i can count.
it was a bad decision, but the pressure was tremendous. it's one thing to be sitting here picking apart the play for hours at a time, it's another to be in there making split second decisions while the heat is on.
we still need an o-line, and a d-line, one decent game (by both units) is not enough to be a "playoff caliber" team.
we have incredible depth at WR and RB. if only there was a line to block for our RB's and our QB's.
the game should have been put away by that point anyway.
the play calling still sucks.

Stewie
10-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Those of you who are mad at the route don't seem to understand football. Moulds had a big night, and was obviously going to be doubled on the last play. He ran a decoy route, drawing defenders closer to the line to open up the intermediate and deep routes. Holcomb didn't see anyone open deep, and he made a terrible decision by dumping off to moulds. At least throw it up and have a jump ball.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I am not mad at the route. I am mad at Holcomb throwing to him. I understand the decoy aspect of the play.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Those of you who are mad at the route don't seem to understand football. Moulds had a big night, and was obviously going to be doubled on the last play. He ran a decoy route, drawing defenders closer to the line to open up the intermediate and deep routes. Holcomb didn't see anyone open deep, and he made a terrible decision by dumping off to moulds. At least throw it up and have a jump ball.

After further thought on this, I believe you are right about the decoy route. The problem is, who is going to be fooled by a route that short of the marker on 4th and game? Why not run an intermediate post route like the TD pass. Make the safeties overcompensate for getting burned before and watch the short curl route open up right in front of the SS.
I'm just blabbering.
It wasn't a bad call. It was just poorly executed and NE didn't bite on the decoy. What's done is done.
I'm starting to finally cool off.
This game really got to me.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Moulds was supposed to be the decoy. Roscoe Parrish was the one that was the #1 receiver. It was a terrible call. But don't you wonder if JP Losman was out there, he would have just ran the ball for the first down? Hell, Bledsoe might have even seen the hole and ran with it. Either way, Holcomb should have tried to throw it to anyone else. It was ****ing stupid to throw to a guy that isn't even past the ****ing marker. :mad:

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Either way, the reason that the veteran is in there is to recognize that you don't make that play. Run with it or throw it to someone else. Don't throw the last desperation attempt 4 yards short. :sigh:

Oh and don't forget the interception. There was no zip on that pass whatsoever. I have no doubt that Losman would have at least put a zip on it and given the receiver more of a chance.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Unfortunately it's because Holcomb has a lock on Moulds almost every play. He doesn't even know that other receivers exist.

I agree that route shouldn't even be there to run. It should've been 4 wide across the 1st down mark, clearly a passing down.

And the Bruschi thing was awfully irritating too. I almost wished he had a seizure right there on live TV. :mad:
:rofl: @ the Bruschi comment.

as for the rest, you hit the nail on the head. Holcomb is having more of a problem with locking onto Moulds than Bledsoe did. People wanted to hang Bledsoe for locking on and holding onto the ball so damn long. Why arent these people calling Holcomb out now? :sigh:

Philagape
10-31-2005, 03:33 PM
The decoy route worked because there was a defender right there.

justasportsfan
10-31-2005, 03:38 PM
It was a horrible decision to throw it, but why isn't he coaching staff taking any heat for this. 4th and 7, you should be looking for you possession receiver.... Why was he only 3 yards deep???I can see why Moulds was there. Of all our wr's he's the one who could've fought for yards after the catch. He was the outlet guy in case the Ol borke down and our wr's were covered. It was all Holcomb's fault. He should've taken a chance throwing it even into tight coverage. Where was our TE's and rb on that play?

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2005, 07:41 PM
The decoy route worked because there was a defender right there.

One right there and two more that reacted quickly. It seemed as if the decoy worked well, unless the other receivers were too close to the decoy.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
:rofl: @ the Bruschi comment.

as for the rest, you hit the nail on the head. Holcomb is having more of a problem with locking onto Moulds than Bledsoe did. People wanted to hang Bledsoe for locking on and holding onto the ball so damn long. Why arent these people calling Holcomb out now? :sigh:

He hasn't gotten the ball to Evans nearly enough. He has reignited Moulds' season though. Emo is going to be pissed if Losman gets the nod.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 11:48 PM
I can see why Moulds was there. Of all our wr's he's the one who could've fought for yards after the catch. He was the outlet guy in case the Ol borke down and our wr's were covered. It was all Holcomb's fault. He should've taken a chance throwing it even into tight coverage. Where was our TE's and rb on that play?

Shaud was open over the middle.

unpaid_bills
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
1 Bad play call
2 Bad route
3 Bad decsion by Holcomb

Thing that is the most frutrating they should not have been in this spot. 3 FG's + I missed. They need to score TD's. Some questionable calls did not help matters - but did anyone expect anything less?

As bad as that loss was they played tough and bottom line against a good team had a shot at the end on the road. It is very discouraging to watch once again. All we have is hope.

Michael82
06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Good thread, Thurm! :bf1:

AndreReed83
06-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Ugh. The "Bruschi Is God" Pats game. This is the game that officially killed my hope that the officiating in the NFL would become balanced again. OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE MY ASS!

Jan Reimers
06-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately, if Holcomb is our starter this year, we will see a lot of dinking and dunking and very little winning.

RockStar36
06-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Who cares if Holcomb cost the Bills the game w/ this 4th and 7 at the end of the game.

He completion percentage was awesome!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Who cares if Holcomb cost the Bills the game w/ this 4th and 7 at the end of the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :)

Michael82
06-10-2006, 01:29 PM

:roflmao: